“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

It's taken me a long to make here-I've known about this place for about 2 years. Great service, nice atmosphere, and good food, a solid choice. I went for brunch on Sunday--a very lively place. I tried a little of what every ordered--all very good. Give it a try.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Sacramento, California
“Choose carefully.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

The Cobb Salad is unusual in presentation, but surprisingly good (but order extra bacon).
Another Haines Brothers restaurant, but the menu is not as consistent as their 33rd St Bistro location.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Francisco
“Sunday Brunch is a happening place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Note: You can't judge a restaurant by it's exterior. Walk in and be surprised - Impressive and huge restaurant. Evidently, Riverside is the "go-to-place" in Sacto for brunch. For good reason. Big crowd, good service and very good menu. We loved the Huevos Rancheros, the Eggs Benedict, Breakfast Burrito and Waffle. Don't expect quiet/ntimate- the crowd is lively and fueled by Sparking wine-fruity drinks. We will return.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sacramento, California
“Date Night? yes. Family dinner? there are better options”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We go to this restaurant on date nights for the happy hour and it is great. Lively and friendly atmosphere and great food and drink deals. However, if you have kids, there are better options. The service was very good and they even offered to put the kids orders in early but the main issue was that the kids meals consist of a cylinder of fries with a burger the size of a plum (not exagerating) and a strip and a half for the chicken strips. There are just many other options in Sacramento. they do have crayons. I will say that my husband's burger and my clubhouse salad with chicken were both very good. In fact, my chicken was cooked perfectly. The food is overpriced but at least it was good. It costs $80 for the four of us.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rio Vista, California
“Inside not appealing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I finally visited this restaurant as I have heard about it for years but not stopped as it didn't seem appealing from the outside. I was seated inside by the bar as the outside patio that I had been told was great was closed, and it was cold. It looked nice. The other rooms had parties in them and were closed. The bar area wasn't especially nice, but we were there because my granddaughter loves their tomato basil soup. She ordered that and it was different and tasted good. She also orders that because it is one of the only inexpensive things on the menu. I ordered fish and chips which did not taste like anything I have had in London. The batter separated from the fish. So, I had a fried lunch for a high cost. Nothing healthy for me. My husband ordered the salad but is a vegan so he took out things that weren't vegan and ended up with a high cost salad that looked just like a packaged lettuce with loades of dressing. I am trying to decide if I would go back or not. For the high cost of the menu and sitting in the bar, I would not go back. I may go back in nice weather to sit on the patio and would try to find something lower cost and healthy rather than fried food. It would be nice if restaurants had two or three healthy vegan dishes for those that can't or don't eat the typical American diet.

• Visited December 2012