“Best French Dip in Town” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #662 of 1,770 Restaurants in Sacramento
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Outdoor seating
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Outdoor seating
Wilton, CA
“Best French Dip in Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

It's a great place for lunch or dinner. When you're hungry for that great steak sandwich or that lean and tender French dip, get in the car and go! Great bar.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Sacramento, California
“Top Notch Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

This is one of the hidden gems of Sacramento! The food is absolutely amazing, and the environment is so laid back, it makes the whole experience wonderful. Parking was a little picky. Drinks were nice and strong, and the personnel were friendly and happy, something you don't see in alot of places nowadays.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fair Oaks, CA
“Made with their Own Hands.... the waitress's that is!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2009

With the door to the kitchen open, I witnessed our waitress making our salads. They were part of The Distillery's legendary French Dip meal, but in this case, I think it will be the last one for me.

As I was seated facing the kitchen, I noticed that the door to the kitchen was open and I watched the waitress reach into a bucket of lettuce with her own hands, grab some lettuce, place it into the salad bowls, and then add some sliced beets, again using her own bare fingers. This was after bussing table of dirty dishes and handling currency.

I don't have to tell the average person how unsanitary this is, but apparently I did have to tell the waitress. I spoke with her about it after paying for the meal. I've learned never to complain about food or service at a restaurant, until all the food has been delivered and the bill resolved. I guess I could have complained about it before paying the bill, but when I asked to speak with the manager, she said the manager wasn't around, but I could speak to her.

After telling her about my health concerns of her preparing food in an unsanitary manner, she thanked me for the "constructive criticism".

Anyway, you'll see good reviews for this place, just ask them to close the door to the kitchen if you come for a visit.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“great greasy bar food!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2007