“A Must Eat” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pilothouse Restaurant on the Delta King is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 1,744 restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Stone Mountain
“A Must Eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We had breakfast daily at this beautiful restaurant. The wait staff is very courteous and the breakfast is jgreat. We had the the Big Breakfast and it filled you up. On your stay on the Delta King, make sure you dine here.

Visited August 2012

84% Recommend
merced
“Pleasant trip to the Delta King”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Before a day of touring the shops at old town Sacramento we had lunch on the Delta King boat.
I had the best pear salad with a refreshing ice tea. It was nice to sit outside on the deck of the boat while enjoying the water and sunshine. A overall nice trip.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manteca, California
“Nostalgic Riverboat With Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Being from the home of the Delta Queen, I was delighted to find her sister ship still in tack although not operational. We traveled by boat to the Sacramento based King for what we expected to be a pricey dinner. We had an great dinner with excellently prepared, delicious dinner.
My only cpmplaint was that our waitress was absent for the first 20 minutes of our meal. The busboy was very apoligentic and took care of us for 90% of the dinner. I added a tip of 2 bucks to the tab and gave the bus guy a $20 bill for his saving an expensive cruise to the King. I fault the management for not being more observant of their wait staffs performance.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Jose, Ca
“The food is some of the BEST in Sacramento area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I ate there Thursday night with some very picky foodie friends. We all loved it and will be back soon

Visited June 2012
Sacramento, CA
“Horrible Mother's Day Brunch”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

It really bums me out to waste any amount of money on dining out but when it costs me a hundie to learn my lesson, well, I'm not a happy camper.

Came here for Mother's Day buffet brunch. Had been here about 3 years ago and it was pretty decent. Now I know why they stopped doing a buffet on Sundays except for special occasions. I know you have to take your chances at a buffet but can usually find about half the items to be tasty.

DH and I were actually wondering how you can take so much taste OUT of the food. Peel and eat shrimp...no flavor/mushy......Salmon.....no flavor......bacon..... too chewy.... scrambled eggs....... burnt flavor......... oysters........mediocre........ potatoes..... overcooked.......... I can't even bear to go on. So glad I learned my "buffet" lesson years ago to only take a teaspoon of an item to see if it's palatable.

The only couple things I enjoyed were the cheeses and beef was actually cooked pretty rare and had some flavor.

Oh, did I mention the champagne was absolutely horrid. BLECH!

One star is for the great service and the venue. But I couldn't take $43 from someone for food like that and be able to look at myself in the mirror.

• Visited May 2012