“Enjoyed My stay at the Sacramento Hawthorn” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #36 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Dallas
“Enjoyed My stay at the Sacramento Hawthorn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2009

The Sacramento Hawthorn Suites was a great place to stay. My hotel room was equipped with a full kitchen and free Wifi. The rooms were very clean, and the front desk was very helpful in providing information about the city, and where to pick up food in the area. The hotel is located a short drive from downtown Sacramento, and it only took me 10 minutes to get back to the airport. All and all, I was very pleased with my stay. I was traveling to Sacramento on business, but the Hawthorn would also be a great place for leisure travelers who don’t want to stay downtown, but want to be close to downtown and Arco Arena.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
candye@pacbell.net
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2008

I read mixed reviews on this hotel, and was a little uneasy about booking it. However, we were so pleasantly surprised! Fantastic beds and bedding, and very nice full hot breakfast. The premises were well kept and the staff was friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel for the moderate priced traveler.

• Liked — Large rooms, great beds and bedding
  • Disliked — landscaping was mediocre
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Tallahassee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

Stayed here for Team Mayhem LAN in 05. Staff was very courteous and very informative. Internet was quick through out the hotel..nice tennis court and b-ball court. Good places to eat near by.

Room was average. Fairly clean and decent price at the time.

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2008

I reserved this hotel with my reward points from Hyatt Gold Passport. I redeemed all of my points for 2 free nights staying.
I reserved the room with a full kitchen with all the stove, sink, cookware, silverware, dinnerware as well as a full size fridge.
Furthermore, there are two suite rooms inside along with a living room and breakfast area! There are three individual TV sets and three A/C units!! When we check-in, the front desk told us there is a complimentary breakfast buffet and evening refreshment!! We went down for evening refreshment around 5:00p.m. we thought
there were only crackers, cookies, beverage,etc...HOWEVER, you would not believe it...there were choices of Alfredo Pasta w/mushroom and broccoli, wildrice, Caesar salad, dinner rolls and bottomless beverage including wines!!! They are surprisingly tasted GOOD in my standard!!! I gave the food points 8 out of 10.
This is exactly unbelievable and unbeatable stay!!!

• Liked — Full size kitchen and fridge
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
novato
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2007

I was booked here through my company, and was completely unimpressed with the motel.

As I walked from the parking lot to my room, (of which the parking lot had a number of transients loitering about) I entered a hallway that was completely smoke infested to the point that my eyes started watering and my coworker's throat started hurting. (Neither one of us smoke, which is not the motel's fault....) When I made it to my room, I found a bed that was completely discheveled, a half bottle of rum on the table, a half pot of coffee in the coffee pot, a half can of Guiness in the refridgerator, another person's key card and receipts on the table, a broken screen in the window which made it so that the window would not close and could be forced open from the outside, and a bright orange light for the bathroom light. When I tried to close my door behind me, the door would not close and had to be forced shut and locked in order for it to not swing open. Needless to say, I spent all of 20 minutes from time of check in, to time of check out at the Hawthorne, and went to another hotel.

As a side note, I was informed the next day that the area is crime ridden, and that a body was located near the levy....I would not suggest that anyone stay at this place.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2007

I stayed at the Hawthrone Suites (for 13-days) in Scaramento and left my debit card for incidentials, since my stay was paid for by another card.

When I checked out of the hotel I verified my card was NOT charged.... I than went out of state on business only to find out the hotel had later charged my debit card $1,300.00 (that they did not have permission to take). The hotel managemnt did reverse the charges since it was their error, the problem is $1,300 is not a small amount. It placed my bank account to a negative balance, leaving me broke while out of town and it take 3-days for the funds to be replaced to my account.

What did the Hawthrone Suites do to make this right durring the 3-days I was left out of town broke with no money for a hotel or food...NOTHING. You would think they would find me a place to stay, but NOPE...NOTHING!!!!

When I called coperate customer service they told me their policy does not allow them to help out unitl 48 hours have expired...two nights with no money and no place to stay...NICE POLICY...

These poeple are in the hospitality business? For god sakes don't leave me and may family broke waiting for the money your wrongfully took from my account. I think they should have paid for my hotel not leave me begging for 3-days waiting for my money to be replaced...

Morale of the story? Watch your BILL if you stay at this hotel and Jim the local Sales Manager may not be able to accomidate you neither will Brian from Corperate Customer Service in Marion, Illinois. They will admit it was their fault and leave you broke waiting for you money to be replaced. I guess policy stops them from helping...

Signed,

Broke with no place to stay waiting for my money to be replaced

• Liked — The Convience
  • Disliked — They took Money From me with out my permission and left me broke!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lakeport, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2007

I am currently spending five nights at the Hawthorne Suites in Sacramento for business. My first evening here I pulled back the sheets to verify they were clean, only to find they were covered in hair! I called the front desk who told me housekeeping would be right up. After waiting for over an hour I called again and was told they would get right on it, about 20 minutes later someone knocks on my door and hands me a set of sheets and leaves!!! When I called the front desk to complain I was told that there is no housekeeping available and I was out of luck. I am absolutely disgusted and will NOT ever stay here again, nor would I recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sacramento? Share your experiences!