“FANTASTIC PLACE TO STAY IN SACRAMENTO” 5 of 5 stars

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sacramento
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   321 Bercut Drive, Sacramento, CA 95814   |
Ranked #36 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Redding, California
“FANTASTIC PLACE TO STAY IN SACRAMENTO”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed at the Hawthorn Suites in Sacramento last Friday night. The deluxe king room was very large with a small kitchen. Our room overlooked the pool and was still very quiet. We enjoyed most of the breakfast, but our scrambled eggs were dry and overcooked because they were at the bottom and almost gone. We will just wait for a new batch next time. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The swimming pool water was clean but the pool itself was stained, this is something they need to take care of. We will be staying there again in September and leaving our car, so glad to know that it is safe. For the price it is the best kept secret in Sacramento.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
sacramentohotelgm, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sacramento, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
You will be happy to know that the pool is one of the many things scheduled for a face lift this winter. Paint, carpet, parking lots and much more. Just stay tuned for more updates.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Huntington Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Stayed here on yet another trip through Sacramento. The rooms are quite large and the beds are very comfortable. Mini kitchen with little fridge and small microwave included which is nice if your staying a few days. The room was very clean but smelled a bit like smoke. We used the pool area which was decent with jacuzzi but there were never enough towels, had to call and ask multiple times. The fitness room was a nice addition but I was chewed out by a room next to the fitness room who said the TV in the fitness room was too loud, so it would be nice if the fitness equiptment had their own TV's or had a plug in for earphones, or better yet not put someone in the room next to it! The breakfast was good when it was stocked but it seemed like there was never enough for the amount of people eating. I saw people coming in from the front so I beg to differ that they may not even stay but come and eat the breakfast.
In the surrounding area their are some shady character's, some ladies hanging in the hallways who approached by husband for some "action". There needs to be better security around the buildings, parking lots, etc. Overall, not a bad choice but would not stay here alone on business especially as a female.

Room Tip: I would stay near front for the safety of your car which you can park out front. The back buildings...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
sacramentohotelgm, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sacramento, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know what we are doing right and what we are doing wrong. I will definitely review with our staff the comments you brought up and we will come up with a plan in improve the supplies problem. I just tested the noise level from the exercise room to the room next door. Very, very little noise bleeds over. Security is always a concern in City hotels. We have our own staff and this is supplemented by an outside agency. I will have them pay closer attention to individuals in the halls.
OMAHA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Drove my Mother up from Temecula, CA for her Grandson's Wedding and we really enjoyed our stay here! I especially loved the full breakfasts (hot & cold items). The staff here gave very good service always with a smile, which is very rare, and yet is very important to a weary traveler! The rooms were quite large, clean and surprisingly quite for the number of rooms around us that had small children. The only minor problems I had were that the air conditioner seemed to have not been run for a while and was a little musty when first turned on and that the WiFi would sometimes drop off unexpectedly, however Engineering was very helpful in getting me to a stronger signal. Overall, very good!

Room Tip: All the rooms were good for the $$ and no problem getting to them with either stairs or elevator and...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
sacramentohotelgm, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sacramento, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Thank you for your comments. You will be happy to know that the WIFI system has been redesigned and improved.
Chico, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Stayed here prior to flying out of Sacramento because it is one of the few Park and Fly hotels in the area. The consensus we had on the property is it's an odd duck!
The rooms are quite large and seemed very clean. They have an different set up with a sort of kitchen in them. No stove or oven but a microwave, mini fridge and small sink with a large counter?! The room itself was a little outdated with dark colors. The bathroom was fairly large and clean as well. As the night wore on, I had noticed the room was not cooling off. I approached the a/c and found a plastic hood on it to move the air into the room BUT it wasn't. The curtains are too long and hung over the clear hood thus all the air was going up the curtains and was being trapped between the curtains and the window. Once the curtains were propped back it began to cool off!
The lobby and staff were very kind. There is a little bar and area in that area as well. This is where things got "different"! The crowd gathered at the bar was shady! I don't think all of these folks were staying at the hotel. The same folks hung around outside the hotel all through the evening. I felt a little worried about the crowd as I was leaving my car there for nine days.
At 4am we were picked up by the hotel shuttle and taken to the airport. The fellow driving was very kind and helpful with luggage. Once back from our trip we called the provided number and within ten minutes our shuttle was there to pick us up. Within ten more minutes we were back to our car and aiming home. Our car made it safely through the stay!
This property could be rated much better if it were cleaner outside and not so many vagrants hanging around.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the time you took to note your comments. Our Park N Fly program is very popular. On the other side of the coin we have taken steps to restrict the people in and around the hotel to minimize the problems. Unfortunately being in a popular area has the drawback of being too popular. We do have in house security and it is supplemented with outside agencies.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

Great and very helpful staff. I stayed there for work and needed to print out some paperwork. The staff in the sales office printed everything I needed!

Rooms were extremely clean and the free breakfast was surprisingly decent!
Stay here

• Stayed July 2012
Thak you for your kind words. I will pass it on to the staff.
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Sorry but I cannot recommend this hotel. Extremely sluggish WIFI that the hotel was not able to improve despite multiple complaints. I even tried changing my room but there was no improvement. Insufficient parking because they allow people to leave their cars there for free while gone. Many many vehicles seemed to stay and never move making it difficult to find parking. To compensate, they made the parking spaces the most narrow I have ever seen anywhere. For long term guests (which I was), they will clean and make up your room only Mondays and Fridays. They did not disclose that to me when I reserved the room nor when I checked in. They put a letter under my door the day after I checked in. Towels and linen are thin and worn. No body lotion is provided. They charged my credit card in advance for my entire stay even after they told me that I could pay weekly. Then they refused to give me a refund when I wanted to leave because of the crappy WIFI. There was a billing error, the price somehow increased $4 per day during my stay but I was able to get that corrected by the manager. Bring you own towels to the pool if you want a towel. The hotel is non smoking but guests are smoking on the grounds outside everywhere so it smells outside. The one thing I liked was the hot breakfast but there was no variety. Same eggs every day. I cannot understand how anyone can give this 4 or 5 stars.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the main building if you can.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
I am sorry your stay did not meet your needs. we just completed a total redesign of the WiFI system. Placement of new transmiters and an increase in the available bandwidth should correct the problem. This is only the first step in a program we are embarking on to address and correct all of the issues you mentioned We understand that there are areas we can improve on and we have priced ourselve accordingly. PLease stop by next time your are in the area and take a look. I am sure you will see a better Hotel
San Francisco, California, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Awesome location for Sales Trips, accessible to the freeway and minutes from Sacramento.

The hotel itself needs in an update, the carpet in the corridor needs to be replaced or cleaned, the property needs cleaning since you get that feeling of dirtyness.

The room is clean and stocked, the wifi is terrible and could not get a good connection.

Staff is friendly, the complimentary breakfast is great and would come back for the price and location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. You will be happy to knwo we just completed an upgrade of the WiFI and we are in the design stage of a remodeling. You will see improvements each and every time you come by.

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sacramento? Share your experiences!