“Great stay at a great price!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #36 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Everett, Washington
“Great stay at a great price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed two nights at the Hawthorn Suites Sacramento to attend a funeral and were pleasantly surprised by the value we received for $44 a night through the 50% option on Priceline. Our room was large, clean, quiet, and in good condition with a comfy bed. It included a kitchen with a full-size refrigerator/freezer, two-burner stove, microwave, small dishwasher, and all necessary dishes and cooking utensils including a toaster.

The hot breakfast buffet was served in a large well-appointed reception area with a fireplace and bar. The breakfast was definitely a step above the average hotel complimentary breakfast more like a restaurant breakfast buffet including delicious scrambled eggs covered in melted cheese topped with bits of tomato and chive, sausage patties or links, and country potatoes or pancakes, as well as hot oatmeal, waffle machine, coffee with flavored creamers and yummy danish; a nice touch were pitchers of ice water with orange or lemon slices.

This is an older property, but a lot has been done to make the hotel comfortable. The outdoor pool looked inviting, but we did not have the opportunity to swim. We also understood that during the week, the hotel has a manager's reception with complimentary wine, beer, and popcorn. The general area is a little depressed, but there are a couple restaurants, a McDonald's, and a mini-mart within a block.

The location was very convenient to downtown Sacramento; jump right on the freeway, I-5 south, and the next exit is "J" Street which leads right to "Old Sacramento" and the downtown area; takes about five minutes. For "Old Sacramento" you can park in the mall parking garage and get three hours of free parking with a merchant validation, we used Starbucks, or park at meters, two hours for $2.50. The hotel also offers complimentary shuttle service.

Overall, we had a great experience at this hotel which was enhanced by the comfortable room, terrfic hot breakfast, convenient location, and unbelievable price!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a full kitchen; some have just fridge and microwave. Also, this is a spread out...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
sacramentohotelgm, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sacramento, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Can I use your comments on our next flyer? You accurately described all we try to be. Thanks again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
GRANTS PASS,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed here last year on a park and fly with no difficulties at all. Got to the airport on time and our car was right where we parked it on our return. The rooms are clean, big and comfortable. The "Happy Hour" in the evening gave us time to meet other guests and just relax. The breakfast in the morning was wonderful, hot with a large variety to choose from. We liked it so well, we came back on our way down to San Diego. Same great service! This is one of our favorite places to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Next time in town, stop by the desk and ask to speak to the Manager. I look forward to speaking with happy guests and I also learn from the unhappy ones. Thank you for your comments.
Oak Brook, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here! I especially loved the breakfasts. The staff here gave very good service and the shuttle service was very handy. The only minor problem I had was that the key cards would sometimes de-magnetize so I had to get a new one. Overall, very good!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
I will let the breakfast staff know of your comments. I know that they appreciate knowing that their efforts are noticed. If it is any comfort my own key occasionally decides to quit working for no good reason. It always seems to be when I am at the farthest part of the property.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We were hosting a homeschool conference downtown and we used this hotel for our staff and some of our speakers. It was far more than we expected and had a great experiencing working with the staff. They were truly meeting our every need. My wife and I stayed at this hotel for the first time and really enjoyed our stay. Thanks for everything!

• Stayed July 2012
I am familiar with the group you are with. The group has been coming here for years and seems to be a perfect fit for this hotel. We look forward to next year. Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
Poyntz Pass, null, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed here over the fourth of July and it was a nice hotel the rooms were of a good size as four of us were in the one room, it had a fridge and a microwave in the room. They have an outdoor pool which was good as of the hot weather in Sacramento. They also have a gym. The best thing was happy hour and a half which was from 5 to 6:30. I would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lake Arrowhead, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stayed one night here via Expedia and regretted it from the start. was warned our keys would be sensitive, but come on! Couldn't even get through the 2nd floor security door another guest had to let me in and said everyone was having same problem. Got into the room and was hit by a strong urine smell.. Opened the windows only to find big holes in the screens, put on the box air under the window, smell got worse! Went into the bathroom, smelled like a sewer, and the tub was dirty stained and cracked .All the furniture was old, worn and stained. The kitchenette was nice and clean. The breakfast was decent but again the furniture upolstory was stained and dirty. Front desk staff was aloof and not welcomiming at all. Do not waste your time and money.

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
I hate to read this type of review. It shows how occasionally we totally miss the boat with a guest. I wish you had stopped by the desk and given me a chance to make this right. I will discuss your review with th staff and take the necessary actions to fix these problems. My apologies.
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We checked in around 5pm. There were no regular or pool towels in our room. It took 3 hours, 5 phone calls and a trip to the front desk to get them. I should have gone to get my own. They were thin and cheap. The pool towels looked like they were from my middle school gym locker room 25 years ago. The pool itself was pretty disgusting. I put my goggles on to look underwater and there were all sorts of things floating around. The "kitchenette" is a joke too. It's a counter with a microwave and refrigerator - not even a small sink. The bedding was pretty bad too. I think this hotel needs to have a 2 or 2.5 star rating, not a 3 star. Very misleading.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sacramento, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations here at the hotel. We are going through changes and upgrades. Obviously not fast enough. I will be reviewing your comments with all the personnel involved and we will resolve the issues. If you are coming back to the area please contact me directly through the Front Desk and I will insure that the quality of your next stay is improved.
Thank you for taking the time to let us know abouit these problems.

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sacramento? Share your experiences!