“Staying again this year” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #35 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Sonora, California
“Staying again this year”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

This is the place to stay if you need to "Park and Fly". I get a clean, comfortable room, I can leave my car in their lot for 2 weeks, and get a free shuttle ride to the airport at 4 am. all for under $100. We also stayed there as a family in July 2010 for a convention. They serve a free, "full" continental breakfast with pancakes, sausage, ham, eggs and also your typical continental breakfast fare. It was hot and delicious. The rooms were clean and each room had a kitchen area. They have a wonderful pool, spa and a workout room. It was perfect. I will be staying every year in September when I fly to Oklahoma to see my Mom and Sister.

Room Tip: If you use their Park & Fly, I suggest the first floor rooms close to the lobby area.
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Sacramento, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

My boyfriend stayed in the Hawthorn Suites in Sacramento for about 2 months while going to school, his bed foundation was broken and caused his back to go out. When brought to their attention nothing was done. Maid service wasn't the best, at times they would be out of wash clothes or towels and told him that as soon as some were ready they would bring them to him. He usually had to go to the front desk to get them. This also included things like toilet paper and light bulbs. Having worked as Head Supervisor for Housekeeping, I had my maids check all lights they also had a check list that they had to fill out and turn in. We would also check with guests randomly to see if the extended stay guests were getting the best service.
The phones were terrible you could hardly hear the people on the other end because of all the static. The television channels are limited and the supposedly High Speed Internet was so bad it would take forever to get from one site to another.
He stayed at the Rodeway and although they didn't have a cook top stove and a much smaller fridge the service of the maids, internet, phone service, and more television channels was much better quality compared to the Hawthorne Suites.
I know all this because I visited him regularly while he was staying at both places.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
sacramentohotelgm, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sacramento, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
As the General Manager, my number one priority & goal is guest satisfaction. I truly understand the importance of taking care of our guests who chose to stay with us. My staff and I work very hard to exceed our guest’s expectations every day, however we are not perfect. The comments in the review titled "Bad Service" are surprising to hear as my staff and I we're never contacted about these issues. I train my staff to treat our guests on how we would want to be treated if we stayed at another hotel. I'm confident that if these issues were brought to my attention, I personally would have resolved & corrected each issue immediately.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

The free shuttle from the airport and to my meetings in downtown was a plus and very convenient. In addition, the free wireless and full hot breakfast buffet added to the value when on a tight budget. Furthermore, they have a free happy hour with wine and beer to unwind. I have stayed here numerous times and would recommend it to other business travelers. It is no frills, but well worth the value compared to other hotels nearby.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

3.) The lobby was always out of coffee and cream

• Stayed December 2010
Redding, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2010

We stayed Dec. 23, 2010. Used the park and ride from the hotel. Left a new Ford Fusion in the lot and no one bothered it. The free breakfast was scrambled eggs, sausage, hash brown patties and juice and coffee. Tasted good to me. The front desk was polite and helpful. On returning 5 days later to get our car, we called the hotel from Sac bagage check. We were picked up and back at the Hawthorn in 30 minutes.

The room was clean and roomy. Very nice for an overnite stay!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

The staff went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure our event rooms were what we needed. The hotel rooms were very clean and spacious. The hotel itself is right off the highway, but there isn't much to do right around it. There are some restaurants, but not a lot of shopping. The breakfast buffet was always well stocked with lots of tasty options. Would recommend this hotel to anyone needing a luxurious and comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

My business partner and I stayed at the hotel for aprox 3 and half months. During our stay, there was loud parties going on, pot smoking and a group that almost burned down the hotel. We complained numerous times to Casey Maloney the Sales Manager and nothing was ever done. This hotel then kicked us out of the hotel, because they refused to put a hold on our credit card and kept our belongings. We had to call Sacramento Fair Housing and the Sacramento Sheriffs dept to go and pick up our belongings, because it is illegal to lock us out after being there for almost 4 months. Needless to say, we are now pursuing legal action against the hotel for damages.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
sachawthorn, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sacramento, responded to this review, December 23, 2010
Management is aware of this guests issue and we have been trying to resolve it with her. Without going into much detail, please know that the facts presented by the reviewer are not complete. If you are concerned about booking with us, please feel free to contact the General Manager and he will explain it further. Rest assured that this is being handled offline.

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sacramento? Share your experiences!