“Pretty much what you'd expect from a HIE” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #31 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Richmond, Kentucky
“Pretty much what you'd expect from a HIE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I was pretty pleased with my stay at this hotel. The gentleman at the front desk was incredibly friendly and helpful- the rest of the staff was very nice as well. The rooms have been remodeled fairly recently- everything was clean and modern and they offered free wifi. There was plenty of parking both day and night. The only thing that I could possibly complain about is that the air conditioning was loud- it isn't a box or anything but whenever the air would kick on, it was a bit loud but nothing that was too distracting.

The continental breakfast was what I've come to expect from HIE:

Hot items: turkey sausage or bacon (depending on the day), eggs, hot biscuits (sometimes they got a bit hard under the heat lamp), cinnamon rolls and breakfast gravy. They also have a pancake maker but I didn't use it. Coffee, tea and hot chocolate options.

Cold/Room Temp: 3 or 4 cold cereal options, 3 hot cereal options, fresh fruit, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs and a variety of breakfast breads. Milk and juice options, although I'd steer clear of the juice because all varieties are pretty watery (cranberry was the worst).

Checkout was quick and easy- no trouble during my stay. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
jonprimm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center, responded to this review, February 5, 2015
travelmomSL,
Thank you for staying with us and for the great rating!
We are very happy that your needs were met and that your stay was good!
If you are in the Sacramento area again, we invite you to stay with us and hope that you introduce yourself so that we may say thank you in person.
Jon Primm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Tallinn, Estonia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Not my favourite chain. Staff was friendly and helpful, but room itself was a bit run down and needed some freshening up. HIE breakfast is what I call plastic meals, all tastes like plastic :) Not my type of hotel, but will do for one night stay in the city centre.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear KristaE70,

Thank you for your stay and leaving us feedback. I am glad you liked our friendly staff service. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I’m sorry you were not fully satisfied with the accommodations received. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Monterey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stayed overnight for business. Room was comfortable. Enjoyed the free WiFi and free breakfast the following day. Breakfast included a automated pancake maker, which was interesting and turned out surpisingly good pancakes. Staff was friendly. Free parking was a plus, also. Just 3 blocks to Sacramento convention center.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
WisconsinsFinest,
Thank you for your rating!
I must say that my four year old also thinks the pancake machine is pretty cool and the pancakes are really good!
Have a great day,
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

The rooms in this property have been completely remodeled. When I complimented the check in employee on the remodeling job, he said that the lobby will also be remodeled in the near future. Bedding was great, bathroom was brand new, AC worked well, and the hotel is also conveniently located: a 10-15 minute walk from the Convention Center, a 5 minutes walk from the CA Governor's Mansion (now a museum), plus very close to a mini "restaurant row" that begins on corner of 16th & J (where Starbucks is conveniently located). I got take-out 3x from nearby Mikuni Japanese restaurant (right next to Starbucks; 1530 J St.). Even the free breakfast buffet, which I normally avoid in hotels, was decent: I got a hot cinnamon roll every morning. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Karen J,
Thank you for the fantastic rating. We are very happy that your stay was what you expected and that we hopefully exceeded those expectations!
We look forward to a return visit!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Today as I checked in Michael Roberds was amazingly helpful and patient, he answered all my questions with a smile. I'm not from this area and he provided much helpful information. I loved the service, food, room, and security I got from here, I expected all the amenities, but the customer service from Michael was phenomenal. I will make my first choice holiday inn express in my future travels

• Stayed June 2014
chrissarabia,
Thank you!
We think Michael is pretty special also!
He is our rock on the "overnight" shift!
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Pros: fairly clean, wi-fi provided complimentary (good coverage), parking is free.
Cons: no loyalty credits is you booked throughout 3rd party websites. Breakfast choice is limited to eggs, cereals, chemically looking juices but no fruits were provided. You feel like you are in Nova Scotia In the middle of winter. Breakfast hours are 6:30-9:30am and strictly enforced (all items were removed promptly at 9:30am.)

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear MarcusSF,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review of our property. I am pleased that you found the hotel clean and it's amenities adequate.

However, I regret that your breakfast experience was not at par with expectations.

Again, thank you and we hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Sacramento.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare
Clovis, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

This hotel seems like an older hotel that has been renovated. The rooms are nice, breakfast is adequate, and the staff is friendly. Also, it is located in a convenient part of downtown but it could be little noisy because of people hanging out on the streets or nearby bars/restaurants.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
HardeepM,
Thank you for the outstanding review!
Jon Primm

Been to Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center? Share your experiences!