The Holiday Inn Express offers some great advantages compared to other downtown hotels in that it offers free parking, internet, and breakfast. With a very good deal on Priceline, this was a no-brainer choice for a weekend exploring Sacramento and I would certainly stay here again. Check-in was very fast and the people working the front desk are very nice!
The hotel is older and in a nice neighborhoody section of Sacramento. The old governor's mansion is only a block away and it was a fairly short walk to the Capitol building. Because the building is old and has wood floors and thin walls, it was loud. I could hear people walking all over the place and in the next room. I imagine if there are loud guests that it would be completely annoying!
The rooms themselves are comfortable with nice beds and pillows. Bathroom had nice lighting that wasn't too bright as most cheaper hotels seem to be. The shower needed a makeover but was perfectly fine. Toilet also required a little finagling with the handle to get it to work right. Overall, the room was perfectly fine and was clean. A fridge is included and there are plenty of plugs by the bed - thank you!
I did take advantage of the breakfast one morning and it was nice. The seating area was very clean and modern and the staff was attentive. They had the typical breakfast fare but it was good and appeared fresh. I made myself some delicious sausage and cheese sandwiches on a toasted bagel.
Overall, a nice hotel that isn't in the heart of downtown but close enough where you can walk or drive just about anywhere. A nice little getaway to the capital of the greatest state in the union!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Hotel Sacramento
- Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Sacramento
- Holiday Inn Sacramento
- Sacramento Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the Holiday Inn Express in downtown Sacramento, a favorite of both Business and Leisure Travelers, Tour and Convention Groups and considered by many as Sacramento s Best Value . We are centrally located across from the historic Governors Mansion and walking distance to the Sacramento Convention Center, Civic Auditorium, State Capital, Government Offices, Wells Fargo Pavilion, Music Circus, Restaurants, Shopping, Movie Theaters and Starbucks. Convenient to historic 'Old Town Sacramento', Sacramento Jazz Festival, Arden Mall, Cal Expo, Raley Fields, Cal State University, UC Davis, UC Davis Medical Center, Sacramento Zoo, California State Parks, Thunder Valley and Black Oaks casinos. Enjoy our Complimentary Breakfast Bar with a wide variety of hot and cold items while catching up with the news reading your complimentary USA Today. Rooms are beautifully decorated and feature in-room coffee service, hair dryer, irons and ironing boards, on-demand pay movies and free wireless Internet access. We also have a business center, fitness facility and free parking. Pets are welcome and we re a 100% non-smoking, AAA approved hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.