“Business and pleasure short trip” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #31 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Huntington Beach Ca
“Business and pleasure short trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My first time at this hotel, I have been at this version of Holiday Inn accomodations, most of them very good. This particular location has been improved not only by being a newly remodel or built, but the best improvement comes by the employees. All of them are very professional and accomodating, or try to do better for the guest. This single factor for anyone who travels often is well appreciated. Very close to restaurants, coffee shops, convention center, historic landmarks, entreteinment, etc. Sure enough, try to repeat my trip and they are booked for my new dates. I will stay there again, and again if they keep this level of service. Congratulations to all personnel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
strat1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Great review, thank you for taking the time to share.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Walnut, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel overnight while on my way to Lake Tahoe. I bid on this hotel through Priceline and got a very good deal ($52). My expectation was pretty low because of the price but was pleasantly surprised. Everything was pretty decent. The front entrance looked a little run-down but once you got passed the elevators things started to look a lot better. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom looked like it could use some updating and the tub was a little discolored but nothing that the average person would find intolerable. The free breakfast buffet was very nice. The pancake maker was the best part! Oh, and the breakfast attendant was very friendly and helpful All in all, it definitely served its purpose plus a little extra. I would recommend this hotel to someone looking for a nice place to stay in Sacramento on a limited budget. Happy Travels!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the review and glad you enjoyed the room and breakfast.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stay at Holiday Inn frequently as I travel for business often. Holiday Inn has become my favorite chain as I can always count on their staff to be courteous and professional, and the facility clean and up to date.
Unfortunately this Holiday Inn Express is none of those things. I left this hotel disappointed with the cleanliness and disrepair only to find my truck had been broken in to!
I reported this to staff, and received no response! Not a call back from staff, the general manager or anybody!
I hope Holiday Inn sees the light soon and removes their good name from this horribly mismanaged independently owned motel.

• Stayed January 2013
strat1, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
We are truly sorry that your truck was broken in-to while staying at our hotel, this isn’t the normal for this property. Unfortunately there are bad people out there that target parking lots in general looking for opportunity, this is something that we have no control over. I know that my guest service manager did contact you to take the report of incident and did apologize several times for this happening.
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Not the standard I've seen with Holiday Inn Express. This hotel feels old. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms need a make over. The fan on the HVAC is so loud, they had to move our room. The second room wasn't much better. We had to suffer the sound or be cold. The carpet looks like it belongs in a circus and it's not spotlessly clean. The neighborhood is terrible, many derelict people a block away asking for handouts. The positives are free wi-fi, free parking and a hot breakfast, but it's not worth it to stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Get a room someplace else.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
strat1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for your review, all feedback is helpful.
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We had wonderful service/room/breakfast at this hotel.

My husband loved the full hot breakfast. I'm not a breakfast person and would have loved an apple and maybe some peanut butter to eat on some toast.

The breakfast lady was just a peach, and at the end of our stay my husband gave her a very nice tip, and I wish all guests would do that.

The only negative was that it has only one elevator which is old and a bit creaky and slow. They need to add a more modern second one,

Loved this place!

Room Tip: We enjoyed our stay and hope you all will too.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
We are very happy that you loved our hotel as many do. We hope to see you again next Christmas. Thank you.
sacramento
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

I really hate giving a hotel a bad review, I myself work at a hotel and I know how devastating it can be but this place deserves it. The front desk staff were pleasant and apologetic but the rooms were disgraceful. A 1/4 inch of dust under the glass top dresser, urine and pubic hair sprinkled on the toilet. The rooms were bad enough on their own however when you throw in loud drunks screaming at1am when we had to get up at 2:45am, a broken ice machine, and a very seedy location in together it makes for one unsatisfied guest. I will never stay at another holiday inn express..

• Stayed December 2012
strat1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
We are sorry you were not satisfied with your stay. Our rooms are not disgraceful and the cleanliness of the rooms are not what you described. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your stay and look forward to hearing from you.
Huntington Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This hotel is on the borderline of downtown Sacramento in a neighborhood area. What I liked about this hotel is that the staff go out of their way to please. They are helpful, allow early check-in and late check out, accommodate your every need and go out of their way to please.
They are friendly and professional. I found my room to be very nice size, very clean and with no offensive odors. It was quiet at night and the bed was very comfortable. The housekeeping did a good job of cleaning and restocking every day and it felt like home. The fitness center was small but the equipment was new and in good condition. There were fresh towels and bottled water stocked always inside. The breakfast was very good, with a good mixture of protein and carbohydrates, yogurt, eggs, cereal, pancakes, juices, milk, etc. Something for everyone! I only wished for more fruit since they only had bananas.
The walk around the downtown area is all very close with many choices for restaurants, Starbucks, fast-food, etc all within walking distance. Being solo, I felt very safe in this hotel and they do a good job of safety with their card system and gates around the property.
My only "complaint" was that the mini refrigerator in my room was way too cold with no way to turn it down and it froze all my food. When I mentioned it to the front desk on my way out, they didn't apologize or seem too concerned or act like they were going to fix it for the next guest. I will definitely return to this property when I return to the Sacramento area which is often.

Room Tip: Top floor if you don't want to hear the people above you, plus the view is pretty. Stay away fr...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Great review and much appreciated. Thank you and we hope to see you again.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center? Share your experiences!