“GREAT HOTEL! GREAT LOCATION! GREAT STAFF!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
AAA Members save 10%
Ranked #8 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Reno/Sparks
“GREAT HOTEL! GREAT LOCATION! GREAT STAFF!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

I stayed for several weeks at this Hampton while working in the Sacramento area. It was my home away from home and I can say without hesitation that it is a great place to stay. Quiet and clean, close to downtown, great breakfast, comfortable beds and amazing staff! Stacie is a standout at the front desk always with a warm smile. She took good care of me - they all did. Thank you to the staff and owners...if I find my way back to that area this is the only place I will stay!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2008

I had reserved a King Non-Smoking Studio with a whirlpool. I had also request a room on an upper floor through the HiltonHHonors website. I am a Hilton HHonors Diamond Member. When I arrived at the hotel after sitting on an airplane for 7 hours, I was give a room on the 1st floor. I didn't say anything, but walked into the room to find two queen size beds and a handicapped room. I went back to the front desk to let them know of their mistake. The fron desk clerk was very upset that I interrupted his personal call. When he finally talked to me, he said that he had upgraded me to a suite and it is the last room available in the hotel. Upgrade?? I reserved a king studio with a whirlpool and end up with two queens with a small couch in a handicapped room. I was extremely disappointed. When I woke up in the morning, I went to grab my complimentary water, thinking that it was in the little fridge. It wasn't. No water, no snack, no Diamond Level privileges at all. Then I tried to get into the handicapped shower. I'm 6'3" and just spent the night with my feet hanging off of a queen size bed. First of all, I hit my head on the shower curtain rod, then I turned on the shower. It was a handheld shower. If you tried to put it in its holder, it would turn itself and spray at the wall, and then slide down on the holder, so it was spraying the wall at a level of about 4 feet. Needless to say, this was an awful experience. I would tell anyone to stay away from this hotel as there are much better hotels in this city for much better rates. When I checked out, they gave me a lousy certificate for $25 off a future Hampton Inn stay. Then the manager said that he would have given me more gift certificates, but it was the last one that he had. He never offered to mail one to me, to fax one to me, or e-mail one to me. Very disappointed in the treatment here. My associates and I will never stay here again on our future visits to Sacramento. Its unfortunate, as my only customer in town is just down the street. I would rather drive 2 hours in traffic than stay at this hotel again.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Gilroy,ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2008

We stayed here for a soccer tournament near the hotel. The rooms were very clean. The staff, from the front desk to the maids, were very helpful and polite. We got the feeling the staff really wanted to help and make sure we had a good time. The breakfast was pretty good with a decent amount of variety.

My wife left her laptop in the room and we did not realize it until we got home We called the front desk and were immediately told they had the computer and bent over backwards to help us get it back.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Cleanliness and staff
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Colorado Springs, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2008

My occupation has me traveling every week. Therefore, I stay in a different hotel every week. Overall, this is a pretty nice place. For the most part Hampton Inns are pretty standard and you can expect the same accommodates/amenities at each location.

• Stayed January 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2008

Much too far out of City...really have to get a taxi to go down town which cost about $25. Staff are helpful and friendly. Breakfast was so nice. Lovely bagels, yogarts, coffees, hot food and fruit. Really impressed. Rooms are clean but we were in a smoking room [neither of us smoke] it was very smelly and the carpet seemed sticky. Bathroom was fine, again very average but clean.
This hotel is really in the middle of a highway and there is a lot of construction work going on outside...not a tourist hotel more of a motel

• Liked — Breakkie
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chico, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2008

I stayed here one night after getting my eyes zapped at Newman Lasik Center next door. My impressions may be clouded by the fact that I had taken Valium for the surgery and red wine to get to sleep afterwards. To top it off, that night I was wearing protective sunglasses for much of the time, so I didn't see too much detail. Just so you know, before you read my review...

The Hampton Inn was good. Nothing special, but a clean, comfortable room that allowed me to sleep off the drugs in peace. The continental breakfast the next morning was a life saver; I would say it's a step above your typical Holiday Inn Express.

Newman Lasik Center can get you a good rate if you're having your eyes done there, and I highly recommend taking advantage of it rather than trying to drive home after your surgery.

• Liked — Proximity to Newman Lasik Center
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
murphys, ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2007

We stayed here with my daughter's soccer team. The girls are teenagers, full of energy but neither rude nor out of control. The staff treated the girls and us parents with disrespect. The rooms were hot and humid due to just shampooed rugs leaving the beds, our clothes and us feeling sticky. One of the girls IPODs was missing from the room after cleaning. One of the parents who used his credit card at registration was refused at sign out and the clerk instead added his room to the bill of another parent. Later however the charge appear on his credit card not once but twice a well as the other parent's.

We have stayed at many hotels with the girls and are keenly aware of the other guests, they are not girls gone wild. We deserved better.

Stayed August 2007

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Cal Expo? Share your experiences!