I called a month in advance and paid for a suite, since my two adult children were with me- we needed three beds. When I arrived the young , rude hotel clerk told me that my reserved room had been given away. She put us in a room which had two queen beds. For three adults. I had been refused by Hilton Honors to use my points for the stay, saying that the points could not be used for a suite. And I was not given the suite I reserved
Later that evening I went to the lobby to get tea , and heard that same employee complaining to the security guard that another customer was complaining to her when she told him that she had given away his room. She was upset that the customer was complaining to her!
There was a group who had rented many of the rooms in the hotel. They consisted of a group of boys and girls, and a few adults. The children were running up and down the hallways all evening- until about 11:00. Then they started again about 4:00 am. They were apparently jumping repeatedly from the before to the floor in the room over mine for hours in the early morning- it was the sound of someone jumping repeatedly and NOT someone walking.
In the morning the adults finally managed to gathered the children- boys to one room and girls in another- about 10:00. They were running up and down the hallways the second night, too, repeating the same noisy behavior.
That was Christmas day.
The next day I called Hilton Honors to ask if they would use my points to pay for the stay, since the hotel did not give me the room I had reserved. I also told them about the rude hotel clerk and the noisy group. I was assured that I would not be charged for the stay. And that the issue would be resolved and someone would call me.
It took them three weeks to resolve the issue to my satisfaction. And nobody from the hotel ever called to apologize
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn and Suites offers you the best during your stay in Sacramento! Your Group will receive: Complimentary FULL Hot Breakfast Bar (that includes waffles), luxurious Cloud 9 Bedding, We Also Feature: • 70 Tastefully Decorated Guest Rooms • Complimentary Wireless Internet Connectivity for our Guests • Business Center • On site Fitness Center • Fridge & Microwave • In-room Coffee Makers • Blow Dryers • Irons and Ironing Boards • Outdoor Pool • Indoor Corridors • Guest Laundry Facility • Complimentary Parking • Easy Freeway Access from Business 80 (Capitol City Freeway), I-80 and Hwy 160. NO NEED TO WORRY ABOUT YOUR LOCATION, we are a short distance to Downtown, Malls and Restaurants - Let US Take Care of YOU! We offer our Hotel Shuttle with a fee and is based upon availability with advance reservations only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Cal Expo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Auburn Blvd. Hotel Sacramento
- Hampton Inn And Suites Sacramento-Auburn Blvd.
- Hampton Inn Sacramento
- Sacramento Hampton Inn