“good experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 85 hotels in Sacramento
Garden Grove, California, United States
“good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed for four nights over Thanksgiving Break. Eventhough they started renovations the day after we checked it, we never heard the workers from our room. And we were just down the hall on the first floor. We also did not hear the freeway that was next to the hotel. We had a very quiet night's sleep. Our room was a great temperature. The beds were VERY comfortable. The towels were thick and soft. The room was clean. The staff was very accomodating and pleasant. The breakfast was great. We had a different egg and protein dish every day. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Have stayed at this Hampton several times for multiple days and found service and cleanliness always excellent. Property is well maintained and staff very friendly and helpful. Inn is located next I-80(Business) and have never had any problem with noise.

Room Tip: Staff is excellent! King Suites a good bargain. Free breakfast is professionaly maintained with qu...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sonoma County, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Staying here five nights for training. The good: The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. The breakfast is the typical Hampton breakfast. The location is about 6 miles from where I need to be, so convenient. Cookies served in the afternoons and evenings.

The not so good: The maintenance of the hotel could be better. The elevator floor is tile with wide grout lines that are never cleaned. The carpeting outside the elevator and in the hallway is dirty and stained. The corners of the bathroom floor should be cleaned better. The rooms are smaller than many other Hampton Inns I have stayed at. The fitness room is small and would be better named the cardio room. There is a treadmill, elliptical, and bike; along with weighted balls up to 8 lbs. No other weights or nautilus. There are no restaurants in the immediate area; but if you drive a few miles to the mall/Cal-Expo area, there are plenty.

The hotel is located right off the I-80. The first room I had was close to the front of the hotel, and I could hear loud traffic noise. In the morning I asked for a different room, and they had no problem moving me to a room near the back. Big improvement.

I usually stay in a suite type hotel for business, but thought I didn't really need the kitchen; but I am missing a comfortable place to sit and use my laptop and watch television.

Room Tip: Ask to be near the back of the hotel to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights with family. Staff was very knowledgeable of area and gave great directions and tips for places to eat and easy ways to get to the areas we needed to visit. The complimentary hot breakfast was very good. We stayed in a King Suite with sofa bed. King bed was very comfortable and sofa bed was ok. Room was clean and very roomy. Would not hesitate to stay here again. Good value especially with AAA discount.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I have to tell you that this is one of the best Hotels in Sacramento Area to stay at, great price, wonderful staff and the breakfast is outstanding. I have to agree with most of the comments that have been placed on tripadvisor about the Hampton Inn & Suites at Cal Expo.

Staff welcomed me with opened arms, the whole staff said Hi every time they saw me. I will be staying here every time I'm in Sacramento!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Madera, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This hotel was very well organized and you could tell that the employees knew what they were doing. They gave me a courtesy call everyday and a wake-up call to remind me to catch my flight. They also had a great hot compilmentary breakfast for each day of my stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We had a recent stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Sacramento this past weekend and I just have to say that this hotel is very classy and great for business people who need a great place to stay. My friend and I were staying in Sacramento for a meeting and were desperatley in need of a hotel where we had a quiet place to stay with a good business cente and so we were lucky to find this place. This hotel has very comfortable, clean rooms and the hotel was close to some great restaurants. Overall, I had a great experience at this hotel and would very well recommend this hotel to others

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Cal Expo? Share your experiences!