You added Comfort Inn & Suites Sacramento University Area to your Saves list
Ranked #27 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Really very nice and clean hotel . checked in by salman he was really nice to us. Breakfast was ok and everything was kept well. every time i visit Sacramento, this is my location. Got very use to this location and the staff here.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
RAJCA644, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Sacramento University Area, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am pleased that you stay was wonderful. My team and I have made a commitment to achieve the highest guest satisfaction. We are grateful for your kind compliments and look forward to serving you with same wonderful service on all your future visits.

Ashland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

This was a fine hotel, but I arrived very late and requested a separate room from my traveling companion to be assured of getting sleep during the 8 hours I had at the hotel. The clerk knew this and put me in room 318, which was across from the elevator. Every single time the elevator opened on my floor, a VERY loud bell went off and woke me up. When I called the front desk, Tammi's only response was that she would pass my message on to a manager when one came on duty several hours later. No apologies or offers to make the situation right. No manager ever called me back.

Room Tip: Be sure you are no where near the elevator.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincere apology for your inconvenience. It is unfortunate that we could not make your stay a more satisfying one. I have shared your feedback with my team, it will help us to better accomodate all our guests. Please know that guest satisfaction and feedback are very important to us. I hope you will overlook this isolated incident and give us another chance to better serve you. Thank you & I look forward to your next stay.
Stillwater, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

My family was there on business/vacation trip. We stay about five days. Rooms are clean and well kept. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The kids enjoyed the pool. Breakfast was great with eggs and sausage. Would stay again when we return.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Nima S
RAJCA644, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Sacramento University Area, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to learn that you had a great stay at our hotel and that the kids enjoyed the indoor pool. We look forward to your next visit to our hotel.
Santa Ana, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

My visit is for business and my employer is paying. All three times I have stayed here there are many things wrong each time. This time the room has no chair or desk, could not even use the ironing board as a dinner table. That meant no place to do paperwork. There is no thermostat on the A C so it runs the whole time. I must sleep during the day so lack of a blackout shade and a maid cart with steel wheels (i guess) sounds like a train. Management does everything as cheaply as possible. The staff is just short of rude. I would not pay to stay here

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I am rather disappointed to learn that your stay with us was not satisfactory. I am troubled however with some of your feedback as all our rooms are equipped with individual heat/AC units with a thermostat on the wall also each room has a full size work desk & ergonomic chair, microwave,refrigerator, Free WiFi and more. I appreciate your feedback and hope you will give us another chance to better serve you.
Troy, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Even though the area is a little sketchy. The hotel was very nice. A little older but very well maintained. The cleaning staff did a great job everyday. The breakfast was great each day. A full breakfast included in the price. Front desk staff was very helpful and polite. especially Jay who went out of his way to be helpful and friendly.. Will stay there again on my return to Sacramento.

Room Tip: We had a king suite, in the back, very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thomasd442014
Dear Guest,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your week's stay with us. I look forward to serving you with same great service on all your future visits to Sacramento.
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

We've stayed at this hotel several times before when we dropped off our daughter at Sac State and enjoyed those previous times, but this last stay was not a good experience. To start off, the room had a bad odor when we first arrived. We had to keep the window open for several hours to air out the room and asked for extra air refresher. Second, the heated pool was not heated at all which was a big disappointment for our 2-year-old daughter who was excited to swim like from previous visits. One good experience is the breakfast in the morning. Hopefully the hotel gets to see this review and fix these things before we book another stay there.

Room Tip: Please see my review comments above.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
RAJCA644, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Sacramento University Area, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback and repeat business. Please be assured that your feedback is not just another review on some wall. We take each feedback seriously and use it to improve our hotel and services. My sincere apology for not meeting your expectations on your most recent visit. We are addressing the pool heater issues and will have it fixed shortly. I hope you will give us an opportuinty to better serve you on your next visit to Sacramento.
Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Stayed here for a family wedding, having reserved three rooms. Rooms clean and comfortable, breakfast was passable (typical for this type of place, juice, cereal, waffles, bacon egg and sausage sometimes, a little slow to refill)

Convenient location by the freeway

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MartUK60
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback. I am pleased that your group enjoyed their stay with us during the wedding. Our full hot complimentary breakfast offers a variety of food choices for all our guest. We are constantly working on improving our service and will make certain to keep breakfast items stocked promptly. We look forward to your future stay.