“Disappointed (2013 vs. 2009)” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fresno, California
“Disappointed (2013 vs. 2009)”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This was my 2nd stay there. I first went in 2009 and decided to go back there because I had a good stay then (no problems at all, and a good overall impression). This time in 2013, it was different. The negative outweighed the positives, and I will not go back.

I stayed there for almost a week in July 2013. I was in a room on the first floor. In 2009, I was on the 2nd floor.

Here are my positives and negatives for my 2013 stay.
(+) Friendly staff
(+) Decent breakfast, included in price
(+) Room included microwave and small fridge

(-) Can only be accessed from one side of Howe Ave
(-) Floor was very dirty: the bottom of my socks were dark after a few minutes of moving around in the room. I think they have not washed the carpet for a very, very long time.
(-) Very old furniture that looked used and stained
(-) The "Free wi-fi" worked sporadicly and when it did, it was often very slow and/or problematic.
(-) The door keys I was given did not work (I was given 2, for me and my partner)! I had to go to the reception EVERYDAY to reset the keys because they would not open the door to the room or the doors to the hotel. I was explained that I had to keep the keys away from any magnet or cell phone, which I did, but the keys still had problems. Then, another time, the key would work for the room, but not for the back door to the hotel. I was told that sometimes they did that on purpose???!!! Extremely annoying.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms might be cleaner and have newer furniture.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
RAJCA644, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us feedback regarding your stay. I am disappointed that we failed to make your stay a satisfactory one. Please accept my sincere apology. Unfortunately, there is not much we can do regarding access in and out of the hotel. On July 12th we had Cintas clean and sanitize carpet throughout the hotel. We are upgrading our highspeed internet speed to 50mbps starting August. I hope you will give us another chance to better serve you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Room was very large. It had 2 queen beds plus a couch. There was a note from Raj Naria, CHA General Manager welcoming us and acknowledging our Elite Gold status. Snacks were left as well as 2 bottles of water in the refrigerator. This was very nice. The shower was good as was breakfast. The internet was slow but as we arrived late, I did not call and ask about any problems. We would definitely stay again if in the area in future.

Room Tip: We requested a first floor room at booking and our request was honored. The room was excellent.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased that your stay with us was satisfactory. I have contacted our internet service provider and our technical support department to provide a more optimized internet surfing experience. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I just checked out of this hotel this morning and I wanted to write a review as soon as possible. I was staying here while at a conference at CSU Sacramento for 4 nights and I was incredibly pleased with the accommodations. The hotel is right off the freeway and is very easy to find.x

The room was quite spacious and quiet, especially staying in one of the back corners. The bed and linens seemed clean and well maintained. The bed itself was comfortable, with the only exception being the pillows, which were a little unsupportive, but I have rarely found a hotel that has pillows I like.

The customer service was impeccable. I once had to call down to the front desk because of a problem with the tv (which I suspect what my fault) and they had it fixed within minutes. The check-in and check-out process was very easy. Their attention to detail was refreshing.

There is only one issue I have with this hotel and it's not anything the hotel can fix. The location of the hotel on its street is such that you can only enter from one direction of traffic. By this I mean that you can only turn right into the parking lot from the street, so every time you need to get back to the hotel, you have to go around the block to get there, especially if coming from the wrong direction. Again, nothing the hotel has control over, but something to be aware of if you're driving.

Overall, I loved staying at this hotel. The great service, convenient location to campus, and comfortable accommodations more than make up for the inconvenience of the street location. I would highly recommend this to anybody looking to stay near campus or near-ish to downtown. Thanks to the great staff here that made the stay so enjoyable.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
RAJCA644, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback regarding your recent stay. It is always encouraging when guest leaves us a positive feedback. Thank you and we look forward to serving you again soon.
Cypress, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed there last week for three nights while visit relatives in Sacrament. While not a very convenient location for us , I am very glad we chose the Comfort Inn. Their service was excellent, their rooms clean and spacious and everything was done right. The breakfast was not up to par but according to their manager they are in the process of upgrading it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor, very quite and extremely well lighten
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your 5 star feedback. Your response and comments will serve as encouragement for my team and I. I am pleased that we were able to provide you with a satisfactory stay. Please come visit us again when you are in Sacramento. Thank you.
Ripon, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed here while my husband was in the hospital recovering from a surgery, so I really just slept there. The bed was very stiff and uncomfortable to me but the linens were nice. The room was a nice size and the bathroom was spacious. They really need to replace worn furnishings though. The chair in the room had dark stains on it. The lobby furniture was ghastly and made a poor first impression; the luggage carts were broken and taped up to hold them together. Breakfast was pretty good--eggs and sausage available as well was waffles and breads and cereal.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
RAJCA644, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for rating your stay with our hotel. We have began renovations at the hotel. We recently finished painting the exterior of the hotel and resealing the parking lot. We also finished installing new hi-definition 42" and 50" televisions in our rooms. We have also ordered new luggage carts. More renovations are underway to refresh our rooms. We highly value your feedback and look forward to your next visit soon.
Victorville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This Comfort Inn is close to CSUS (California State University, Sacramento) with very good freeway access, making this a very good place to stay while visiting the eastern side of Sacramento.

The staff is helpful. Food is good for a Comfort Inn and the place is clean. There is parking available in the front of the build as well as in the rear, but note that rear parking for a truck maybe tight on busy nights and maybe very hard if you are towing a trailer. Best to call ahead to find out about trailer parking. For me I had no problem with my pickup truck as it was not a busy time.

Room was average, but clean. Was able to get a good rest and keep warm on a cold night. Internet connect was very good, they offer both wired and wireless.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
RAJCA644, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are certainly located in close proximity for visiting Sacramento State University and many surrounding businesses, with lots of choices for food, shopping & entertainment. Our new "truly Yours" breakfast is designed to get your morning started right, featuring sausage, eggs, make your own waffles, yogurt, and much much more. Our parking is limited, however in most cases we are able to accomodate small to medium size trailers and tractors with prior notice. We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and look forward to your next visit soon.
Oregon City, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed here on December 22 on our way to Apple Valley, California. The price was excellent. The room was spacious allowing room to stretch. The beds are are a bit stiff, but good for love making. The bathrooms have excellant showers, but no exhaust vents. The TV is very nice. The breakfast has enough to refuel you for a long day of driving.
We liked the place enough to stay again on January 9 on our way home. Getting to Old Sacramento for dinner was very easy. We will stay again.

Room Tip: Select the one with the couch so you have a place to sit and watch TV
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback and your repeat business. Your trust in our hotel & services are of the outmost value to us. It is our goal to make each guests stay a satisfactory one. I am pleased that we were able to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. Thank you again for taking the time to provide us your feedback. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!