“Good Location to CSUS” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Victorville, California
“Good Location to CSUS”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This Comfort Inn is close to CSUS (California State University, Sacramento) with very good freeway access, making this a very good place to stay while visiting the eastern side of Sacramento.

The staff is helpful. Food is good for a Comfort Inn and the place is clean. There is parking available in the front of the build as well as in the rear, but note that rear parking for a truck maybe tight on busy nights and maybe very hard if you are towing a trailer. Best to call ahead to find out about trailer parking. For me I had no problem with my pickup truck as it was not a busy time.

Room was average, but clean. Was able to get a good rest and keep warm on a cold night. Internet connect was very good, they offer both wired and wireless.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
RAJCA644, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are certainly located in close proximity for visiting Sacramento State University and many surrounding businesses, with lots of choices for food, shopping & entertainment. Our new "truly Yours" breakfast is designed to get your morning started right, featuring sausage, eggs, make your own waffles, yogurt, and much much more. Our parking is limited, however in most cases we are able to accomodate small to medium size trailers and tractors with prior notice. We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and look forward to your next visit soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Oregon City, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed here on December 22 on our way to Apple Valley, California. The price was excellent. The room was spacious allowing room to stretch. The beds are are a bit stiff, but good for love making. The bathrooms have excellant showers, but no exhaust vents. The TV is very nice. The breakfast has enough to refuel you for a long day of driving.
We liked the place enough to stay again on January 9 on our way home. Getting to Old Sacramento for dinner was very easy. We will stay again.

Room Tip: Select the one with the couch so you have a place to sit and watch TV
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback and your repeat business. Your trust in our hotel & services are of the outmost value to us. It is our goal to make each guests stay a satisfactory one. I am pleased that we were able to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. Thank you again for taking the time to provide us your feedback. We look forward to serving you again soon.
Fountain Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel about a week ago, and I can't say enough good things about the staff there! Nikki went above and beyond the call of duty to help us find a room that was perfect for us. The manager was extremely helpful as well.

One of the reasons I stayed here was because a recent reviewer said he has stayed at this hotel at least 140 times. That speaks very well of this hotel, and my family and I were not disappointed! We had a room with two queen beds, and it was plenty big enough for my husband, me, and our two granddaughters. It was also clean and quiet. The beds were a tiny bit more firm than I like, but not so hard that I couldn't sleep on them.

The bathroom was clean, and I liked the curved bar holding the shower curtain, as well as the ease of operating the faucet. Even my 9-year-old granddaughter could figure out how to get the shower going without any help from an adult. The water pressure is excellent, and the bathroom has a fan, which is always a nice feature in my opinion. The towels are fairly soft, too, not stiff and canvas-like the way many hotel towels can be.

The maids are friendly and quiet, which is something I appreciated very much. I've stayed in hotels in which the maid staff wake up the guests with their loud chit chatting among themselves.

The heater in the room is controlled by the thermostat on the wall, which is nice because you can set it to a specific temperature rather than trying to work with the dials on the heater itself. The heater was relatively quiet, and didn't wake me up each time it came on during the night. I've stayed in many hotels in which the heater or air conditioner kept me awake all night.

The breakfast was adequate for our needs. The hotel offers waffles that you make yourself, bagels, English muffins, assorted breakfast danish, assorted cereals, yogurt, bananas, apples, scrambled eggs, instant oatmeal, sausages, and assorted beverages including coffee, tea, milk, and juice. I'm sure there were other food items, but those are the ones I remember. I think they may have had hard-boiled eggs too. The only disappointment for me was that the yogurt is sweetened with an artificial sweetener. I've noticed a trend in that direction at hotels I've recently visited, but I prefer either plain yogurt or something with a bit of real sugar in it. The t.v. in the breakfast room was quite loud, and no one was watching it. I suppose I could have asked someone at the front desk if it would be possible to turn down the volume.

The best part of our stay, and the main reason we chose this particular hotel, was the heated indoor swimming pool. Our granddaughters LOVE water, and their mom had told us that it would be a special treat for them to be able to take a swim during the winter. We had so much FUN in that pool! We only stayed at the hotel for 2 nights, but the girls went swimming 4 times! The Jacuzzi is not super-heated, which was nice for the girls. They can't stand boiling hot water. The main pool was heated just right - not so warm that you felt like you were in a bathtub, but very refreshing. Usually I find that heated pools are much too cold for me, but this one was just right. I am starting to sound like Goldilocks now! ha ha Anyway, we loved the pool and Jacuzzi, and we'd stay at this hotel again just for the opportunity to swim again!

The hotel is conveniently located just a few minutes by car from several fun attractions in Sacramento. We visited the Discovery Museum Science & Space Center of Sacramento, which was not expensive and was a great deal of fun for our granddaughters. They have a lot of hands-on science experiences for the kids, and craft room where children can make something to take home. The California State Railroad Museum is also nearby, but we didn't have time to visit it on this trip. We enjoyed a delicious lunch at the Sugar Plum Cafe, which isn't far from the hotel. If you search for it online, you'll see notices that it's closed, but that's not true.

This hotel is not the Ritz Carlton. If you want something comparable to the Ritz, then you'll have to pay a lot more than you'll pay for this hotel, but if you want a clean, comfortable room in a hotel that is centrally located in Sacramento with a very efficient, friendly, accommodating staff, then this place would be a good fit for you. My family and I will definitely be staying there again!

Room Tip: Do not stay in rooms 110, 210, or 310. There is a machine outside near those rooms that I think mig...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words of praise. Your observation and feedback of the hotels amenities & services are outstanding, It tells my team & I the importance of attention to detail in everything we do. We love it when a guest takes time to provide us with feedback as each feedback helps us set new goals & better ourselves in services we provide. Thank you and we look forward to your next visit.
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I was extremely pleased with my stay at Comfort Inn. The staff at the front desk was always nice and accommodating. The room was clean and I agree with a previous review that Isabel is an excellent employee-extremely nice,hardworking and helpful. The breakfast was good and the ladies worked hard to make sure breakfast items were kept in adequate supply and tables were clean. I had reliable Internet access. I felt safer in this motel than hotels and motels in the downtown area, however I think people need to be cautious no matter where you are in Sacramento. Another review did mention a smell in the bathroom that I did experience-I did change rooms. I think the smell from one of the cleaning supplies. For the money I think this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words. Guest satisfaction is our number one priority, my team and I are committed to a 100% guest satisfaction. I am pleased that your stay with us was satisfactory. Isabel is greatful for you complements. I will be sure to include your feedback in our next employee performance enhancement meeting. Thank you and we look forward to your next visit soon.
Fontana, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I have stay at this hotel at least 140 time and have always had a nice clean room and enjoy my stay there the help there is very friendly and helpful the breakfast.Without a doubt the housestaff is amazng. when i come to sacramento i always stay he it close to alot of think and real close to my work thanks again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RAJCA644, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and we greatly appreciate your repeat business. We look forward to serving you again soon.
Tacoma, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We were extremely disappointed with this experience. To start off with, the bathroom had an extremely off-putting smell that ultimately led us to use bathrooms outside of the hotel, and the bath tub was very discolored and stained dark brown along the bottom. Ultimately these were things that we would have overlooked, had one more experience not taken the whole thing over the top.

Overnight our car was broken into, complete with a glass window busted in. We do not blame the hotel for this, we understand that these things happen and the hotel is not responsible, however, the reaction of the staff was more than disappointing, frustrating, and insulting. First of all, the staff knew in the middle of the night that our car had gotten broken into, but they chose not to tell us until we checked out, as a result, our car was rained into, and we were late to the event that we had driven across three states to attend because we had to clean up the glass. Next, when I approached the desk to check out, I was told by the attendant that I was in trouble and what had I left in the car that was valuable? I was extremely confused by these questions since I didn’t know what had happened. When I said we didn’t leave anything in the car of value he insisted we had and then told me our car had been broken into, and he said all this while laughing at me. My husband was furious that the attendant had spoken to me in such a manner, both laughing at me and blaming me for what had happened, but since we were going to be late we tried to clean everything up as best we could and left.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am disappointed to learn that we missed to make your stay satisfactory. I am sorry that your car window was broken and my team could not be more helpful. I had a detailed discussion with each one of my team members on incident management & response. My team & I are committed to total guest satisfaction and we will always do whatever it takes to maintain your confidence in our hotel. I hope you will give us another chance to better serve you. Thank you.
Lake Elsinore, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I've stayed at Comfort Inn & Suites on 21 Howe Avenue in Sacramento, CA at least a dozen times. It is close to California State University at Sacramento (Sac State) and an easy jump on the freeway in all directions.

Without a doubt the housestaff is amazng. I always ask for room 107 or 103 because they are a part of Isabelle's responsibiities and she takes the very best care of her people. So much so, that I just had to post this review.

Service is important in this competitive industry and Isabelle provides the best. My room is spotless, she never misses a request and always waits patiently on my first day when I don't get up early after a 10 hour drive on my route from Southern California.

Thanks Isabelle.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words of praise. Isabel & I are very thankful for your wonderful compliments. I have included your feedback in her personnel file and it will be taken into consideration during our quarterly review. We certainly appreciate your frequent business and look forward to serving you again soon.

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!