“This is a great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #21 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fontana, California
“This is a great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I have stay at this hotel at least 140 time and have always had a nice clean room and enjoy my stay there the help there is very friendly and helpful the breakfast.Without a doubt the housestaff is amazng. when i come to sacramento i always stay he it close to alot of think and real close to my work thanks again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RAJCA644, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and we greatly appreciate your repeat business. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Tacoma, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We were extremely disappointed with this experience. To start off with, the bathroom had an extremely off-putting smell that ultimately led us to use bathrooms outside of the hotel, and the bath tub was very discolored and stained dark brown along the bottom. Ultimately these were things that we would have overlooked, had one more experience not taken the whole thing over the top.

Overnight our car was broken into, complete with a glass window busted in. We do not blame the hotel for this, we understand that these things happen and the hotel is not responsible, however, the reaction of the staff was more than disappointing, frustrating, and insulting. First of all, the staff knew in the middle of the night that our car had gotten broken into, but they chose not to tell us until we checked out, as a result, our car was rained into, and we were late to the event that we had driven across three states to attend because we had to clean up the glass. Next, when I approached the desk to check out, I was told by the attendant that I was in trouble and what had I left in the car that was valuable? I was extremely confused by these questions since I didn’t know what had happened. When I said we didn’t leave anything in the car of value he insisted we had and then told me our car had been broken into, and he said all this while laughing at me. My husband was furious that the attendant had spoken to me in such a manner, both laughing at me and blaming me for what had happened, but since we were going to be late we tried to clean everything up as best we could and left.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am disappointed to learn that we missed to make your stay satisfactory. I am sorry that your car window was broken and my team could not be more helpful. I had a detailed discussion with each one of my team members on incident management & response. My team & I are committed to total guest satisfaction and we will always do whatever it takes to maintain your confidence in our hotel. I hope you will give us another chance to better serve you. Thank you.
Lake Elsinore, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I've stayed at Comfort Inn & Suites on 21 Howe Avenue in Sacramento, CA at least a dozen times. It is close to California State University at Sacramento (Sac State) and an easy jump on the freeway in all directions.

Without a doubt the housestaff is amazng. I always ask for room 107 or 103 because they are a part of Isabelle's responsibiities and she takes the very best care of her people. So much so, that I just had to post this review.

Service is important in this competitive industry and Isabelle provides the best. My room is spotless, she never misses a request and always waits patiently on my first day when I don't get up early after a 10 hour drive on my route from Southern California.

Thanks Isabelle.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words of praise. Isabel & I are very thankful for your wonderful compliments. I have included your feedback in her personnel file and it will be taken into consideration during our quarterly review. We certainly appreciate your frequent business and look forward to serving you again soon.
league city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

My husband and I had driven out from TX, staying in a different area of Sacramento before going to the Bay area. When we returned for him to fly out of Sacramento we stayed at your location because it is close to the Care Home my mother is in, off of Watt.
We were pleased with your motel, especially the full breakfast which most motels in the Choice chain don't provide.

Room Tip: ours was quiet because it was near the end of the hall, away from the Lobby.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I am pleased that you found our hotel to be satisfactory during your visit to sacrmento. We constantly thrive to be better. We have just finished renovating the exterior and will soon begin the interior. We have added much more variety and rotation of different food items in our breakfast line up as well. Biscuit & Gravy, Bacon, Hashbrown are to name a few. Please visit us on your next trip to sacramento to enjoy these and much more.
Hawthorne, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

My husband and I "discovered" Comfort Inn & Suites while traveling to Seattle earlier this year. We were very pleased with the one we stayed in in Oregon. When our grand child was born in Sacramento recently, and we were happy to find a Comfort Inn and Suites near the hospital. The Inn is clean, comfortable and safe feeling. The staff are always friendly and helpful. The complementary breakfast was great! I"m a real bargain hunter when it comes to traveling and paying for hotel rooms. I want a lot for my money and Comfort Inn and Suites delivers.

Room Tip: Top floors are quieter. There aren't any people walking around or running water above your head.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and your trust in our accomodations. Unlike the economy or upscale hotels Comfort inn & suites is perfect to get a bang for your buck. With free breakfast, internet, business center, 24 hour coffee and much much more its always a great value at affordable price.
South San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

My husband and I, and another couple came up to Sacramento from San Francisco, last minute for a VW car show. We did not have any reservations and were hoping to find a decent hotel at a decent price. Not being impressed at all with the Motel 6 down the street, and Good Nite Inn next door we stumbled upon Comfort Inn & Suites! Wow! What a lovely hotel!! Big welcoming lobby, with an indoor pool, and fitness center, and EXTRAORDINARY continental breakfast in the morning! Not the usual toast and danishes. This breakfast actually included scrambeled eggs, sausages, cinnamon muffins, yummy pastries, fresh fruit, etc. SUPER yummy way to start your day without having to leave your hotel! The rooms are very big and spacious and VERY clean! Comfy beds with clean brand new bedding, and big fluffy comfy pillows! Rooms include wifi, fridge, and microwave which are all necessities for me. Also, corridors to the rooms are all indoors so it gives a feeling of extra security and safety. Will DEFINITELY return!! Oh, and very reasonably priced too :) Also, offers AAA discount.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
RAJCA644, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback. I am pleased that after a long drive from San Francisco we were able to provide you with a realxing and comforting stay. Our full hot complimentary breakfast is our way of saying thank you for being our guest. Your kind compliments will serve as encouragement for us. I would like to invite you to come experience our newly renovated facility with new 42" and 50" flat screen televisions and much more.
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Have stayed here a couple of times, but have always come to same conclusion.

a) rooms need deep cleaning and upgrading, torn and stained upholstery, old decor, old TV's, phone dirty, blow dryer dirty, mildew in shower area, shower curtain soured and not changed after every guest.
b) front desk staff is just okay, don't really make you feel welcome. When you ask them for anything, they seem indifferent.
c) 3rd floor is half smoking, so basically the smell on that floor is everywhere.
d) Typical cheap hotel behavior, I wanted to extend for one day and because the rate was higher the next night, they wanted me to pay close to $40.00 more. (so, I checked out and they lost another night's business)

Until this hotel is upgraded and the staff and mgmt get an attitude adjustment, you probably want to stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Non smoking people stay on 1st and 2nd floors
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We have recently completed some renovations and wanted to invite you to come enjoy our newly improved rooms featuring new lighting, paint and high-definition televisions. We would love and opportunity to better serve you again. Thank you and we look forward to your next visit.

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!