“Great first stop!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Bonney Lake, Washington
“Great first stop!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We started our family road trip from Washington to California and after 12 hours of driving, this was our first stop. We used the GPS and had no problem getting there....very easy, parked right up front.. The room ($80) was clean and very nice with all of the toiletries. We all enjoyed the indoor pool and slept very well on the beds. The breakfast was the best here on our whole road trip (sausage patties, eggs, waffles, fruit, yogurt, assorted breads/cereals, coffee/juice)....all very good and plenty of seating. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
RAJCA644, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am pleased that we were able to make you feel comfortable during your visit to Sacramento. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Garden Grove, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My mom and I recently went to Sacramento to visit my sister and family. We stayed 8 days at the Comfort Inn. When we first arrived they could not find their one and only cart so a helper carried all of our stuff to our room, which was nice, but flustering. Our keys were locked out twice which frustrated us since we parked in back and could not get in so we walked almost entirely around the entire hotel to get in the front. Speaking of the parking lot, it was very small and was very hard to get into the small parking spaces. On the good side, the breakfast they provided was good and it was pretty quiet at night so we did not have trouble sleeping. Although, the mattress hurt my back so I needed to prop myself up so I could sleep. The staff was friendly and the room was clean. We kept the air conditioner on 60 degrees because any warmer and it got to hot to sleep.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
RAJCA644, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry you had difficulties with your keys and the luggage cart not being readily availble. We have two luggage carts and they were both being used by the guest when you arrived. I am pleased that you found the staff to be helpful & courteous and the room comfortable. I look forward to provide you with an more comfortable & enjoyable stay on your next visit.
Mendocino, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

What threw me off are all these 5 star ratings one sees posted up for this place in the last few months. Read that you have to discard extremely positive and glowing reviews, along with the extremely negative ones. Looked at both and was ready to have a decent stay at this particular Comfort Inn. Was not prepared for just how run-down the property was and it appeared nothing has been upgraded in years. Asked for non-smoking and was given a room on the third floor which is 1/2 smoking. I could barely breath getting to my room. Inside the room itself was decor from ancient times and everything was very threadbare. Didn't feel 'comfotable' in the least. Getting in and out of the parking lot is a suicide mission as Howe Avenue is very busy and dangerous. You won't find me here ever again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I am truly sorry for your disappointment. Our hotel only has 7 smoking rooms and they are all on the third floor in one corner. I am sorry that you had to stay on the same floor. Our hotel just reached its 10 year anniversary. We have full renovation plans in place including new televisions, furniture, paint, and much much more. We are committed to a total guest satisfaction and I hope you will give us another chance to better serve you in the future. Thank you.
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

This hotel was everything we expected from a Comfort Inn. The room was clean with lots of amenities, and the staff members were helpful and accommodating. We would happily stay here again, and we recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words of praise. I am pleased that your stay with us was satisfactory and our staff service was upto your expectations. We look forward to serving you again on your next trip to Sacramento.
Cool Springs, Tennesee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Something I'm not soon likely to forgive my boss for. Anyway, arrived here and as soon as I walked in, saw that this was what I would call a "vergy hotel'. Yet another old property built in the 1980's and never been remodeled. After reading some of the reviews below I assumed it would all be great. Wrong. Dilapidated is the word that comes to mind. Not cheap either. Guess if you want to visit the capital You have to pay!

Worse than any Motel ^ I've ever stayed at is the bottom line.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for being a frequest guest of Choice hotels. I am sorry we couldn't provide you with excellent service. We are soon starting renovations & I look forward to seeing you post completion.
Northfield, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I was on a business trip and this hotel was very convenient to my business destination. I have generally had good experiences with Comfort Inns and this was no exception. The room was very clean and was on the first floor so it was very convenient. I checked in at noon,and the lady at the desk found me a room for immediate check-in.I asked her for a suggestion for a restaurant and, after discussing our preferences, she suggested Old Sacramento and identified restaurants where we could sit looking out at the river. She then gave us excellent, detailed instructions oh how to get there. The hot breakfast, which included make-your-own waffles, biscuits and gravy and sausage, was excellent. It turned out that I needed a late check-out and they gave me that with no hesitation. The only negative is that the hotel is on a busy divided street, so it can be difficult to get into if you are on the wrong side of the street.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. I am pleased that we were able to check you in early and provide you with restaurant recommendations. I am glad that you enjoyed our hot complimentary breakfast & make your own waffles. We look forward to your next visit soon.
Ventura, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

My first stay at a Comfort In and Suites and it was very pleasant. Clean, roomy, comfortable room and bath. The furnishings were a better quality than I expected at this price and included all amenities that you would need: Microwave, fridge, coffeepot, cable TV, hairdryer, ironing board and iron. Excellent, serve-yourself breakfast with wide selection of items for most diets. The staff at this location were wonderful; very friendly and helpful. I locked my keys in my car and the manager brought a couple of different items to try and unlock the door through an small opening in the window. Overall, this was a pleasant surprise and I will stay here on every visit to Sacramento.

Room Tip: If needed there are available handicapped rooms on the first floor!