“Multiple visits,many good experiences” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #30 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersSilver level
Garberville, California
“Multiple visits,many good experiences”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

Very convenient to the 50 freeway,Folsom Blvd. and Howe Ave.; close to Cal State Sacramento and some regional medical resources. The proximity of these busy streets can make access a little tricky--just ask at the desk and you will soon be at ease. Lots of restaurants on Howe, both chains and independents. I got great recommendations for Thai and South Indian food and there are many other types close by. The breakfast room is a real convenience, and always spotless. Computer access and wi-fi are a plus.I have stayed there nearly 20 times in 2011 and each time the same standards of cleanliness, friendliness and professionalism have been apparent. I have noticed refurbishing of the lobby-nice!

Room Tip: Rooms toward the back seem quieter, but the price of access to the freeway, Howe and Folsom is a bit...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
RAJCA644, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. It is always our pleasure in helping with directions, transportation or recommending area restaurants. All of our staff has good knowledge of the area and we value the trust & confidence of our guest. I thank you for your repeat business & we look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel in early October during a business trip and have to say that this hotel has a lot to offer due to its location on the Business 50 Highway which is close to so many company's I had to do my sales blitz at and also the price point. I had a free hot breakfast at the hotel that I was really surprised about which had eggs and sausage which normally I do not get. It had some healthy breakfast options like yogurt and oatmeal so I was pretty excited. The hotel is showing a little age to it but I will say I spend a great deal of nights on the road and this property is not as bad as some of the reviews I read. I took a chance because of location and I am happy I did so. Most importantly I wanted to mention that the staff was really helpful from getting directions to helping pick restaurants and just hospitality in general. This was the first time I stayed at this hotel and I will have to say that I will be coming back to this place when I am in Sacramento. If you are not fond of smoking rooms they did have some on the 3rd floor and when I requested to be moved away they were extremely accommodating.

Room Tip: The hotel sits on a busy street Howe Ave so if you are sensitive to road noise request a room on the...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
RAJCA644, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your kind words of praise about our hotel & staff. I am very pleased that we were able to meet your expectations. It is a common goal between all of us at Comfort Inn & Suites to make each & every guests stay a satisfactory one. Our new "Your Morning Breakfast" is certainly designed to get your day started right & I am happy to see that it is working. Guest feedback is the best way for us to sharpen ourselves & improve our quality of service. I thank you for taking the time for your feedback & we look forward to your next visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

We really appreciated the kind attention of the staff at the Comfort Inn & Suites on Howe Avenue in Sacramento. The room was clean and tidy and we especially appreciated the availability of a computer in the lobby for hotel guests. We had travelled on this trip without a laptop and found this "extra" very handy. Morning breakfast was also cheerful and ample. We will return!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
RAJCA644, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 1, 2011
Dear Traveler,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I am pleased to learn that we were able to meet your expectations. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guest at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

Again, let me thank you for your kind words. We are committed to total guest satisfaction and we look forward to your next visit
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

Very nice and clean hotel with access to freeway and restaurants nearby. The managements and staff are very friendly and happy to assist you at any given time.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
RAJCA644, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 21, 2011
Dear Traveler, Thank you for your kind comments. We are glad that you enjoyed our nice and clean hotel. We're very proud of our friendly staff and we love making our guests happy. Please come back and stay with us soon!
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

Driving a Uhaul and decided to go further than we had planned, we called and got the reservations while driving. Was a bit out of our way and not exactly easy to follow directions but got there after one wrong turn. Front desk staff was extremely helpful and friendly.
Found room to be adeauate for the price, my daughters room did have stains on bed spread.

Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Dear Traveler, Thank you for your comments. I am sorry to learn that you got lost trying to find our hotel. Our staff has good knowledge of the area and also has access to internet, we are always happy to provide directions. We are a limited service hotel and thrive on excellent customer service, cleanliness and comfortable accomodations, I am sorry to learn that we missed the mark.
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

The room seemed clean. I had no hassles checking in or out. The breakfast was average.

Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Dear Traveler, Thank you for your kind review. We are constantly working to better ouselves, Our goal is to provide you with excellent service and accomodations every time. Please visit us soon again.
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

The bed was very uncomfortable. The sheets are old and pilled. You get one thin blanket -- ours had some nice crusty stains. We could not get a non-smoking room and it STUNK! We booked a king bed and they tried to get us into a very cramped room with a queen. Carpet was filthy.

If you're looking for a creepy room, this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Traveler, I am sorry to learn that you found our bed small. All our rooms are equipped with either a California King bed or Room with 2 Queen Beds. We have never had any rooms with just one Queen bed. The hotel was sold out during your stay and you had agreed to stay in a smoking room. You did not have a reservation and we do our very best to accomodate every request. We highly encourage all our guest to make advanced reservations so that we can best accomodate you and make your stay an excellent experience. We are very sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your last visit. However we have made numerous improvements and I hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a "WOW" service.

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!