“Thanksgiving weekend” 4 of 5 stars

6100 Freeport Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95822   |
Ranked #61 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
“Thanksgiving weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here on thanksgiving weekend because its close to my parents house in south land park we made reservations for a 2 bed non smoking room 1 week prior to our stay the desk clerk/motel manager Nash checked us in and gave us room 122 the room looked like it had been remodeled recently since it had new carpet and new paint everything worked fine in the room and they even brought us extra towels when we asked...the only thing I didn't like was they didn't have a public computer for the guest to use and didn't have coffee makers in the room

• Stayed November 2012

Couples
Business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

We were displaced and chose this place because it's close to my son's school.
The first room we were given was horrendously filthy. We were gonna try to deal with it, but our feet were black by the end of the day.
The second room was a lil cleaner, but the swamp cooler in the closet didn't work. The management was kind enough to lend us a fan.
The next room we stayed in had a finicky microwave that beeped like crazy and a constantly plugged toilet. The management was kind enough to loan us a plunger.
Tips:
NO POOL AVAILABLE!
The internet was ok, but the cable was very choppy.
The bed covers smell and there's no blankets.
Ask about special pricing, (cuz when you're paying full price and you can see the receipts of everyone else paying cheaper.. it might not settle well.)
Paying the weekly rate opts you out of towels, toilet paper, and cleaning service.

The pizza from Chicago Pizza down The block is really good for the price.
Oh yeah -on our last day they started charging for local calls.

• Stayed May 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012 via mobile

Been coming to sky riders motels for year and it has really changed in the past couple of years they have newly remodeled rooms for the same price they had before only thing that's missing is coffe or breakfast

none04, Manager at Sky Riders Motel, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, our staff greatly appreciates your kind words. We appreciate your kind comments on our newly remodeled rooms . And we hope to have continental breakfast and coffee for you on your next visit

sincerely- Nash Waland
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

That's what the sign says in the front office when you go to check-in!

We were having mold remediation done on our rental unit and our landlord booked us here since it was so close. We asked for a 2-bed NON-smoking room. The door to our room looked as though it had been busted open in a police raid. We walked into the room,& instantly started to gag. It smelled like cigarettes & --!! The walls were yellow (not their natural color). The microwave was caked with grease, mini-fridge unplugged, & you have to flip the light switch to turn on the swamp-cooler.
The "pool" was flithy, with tons of "stuff" floating around, & stuck to the bottom.
From what information I gathered, the mostly UN-savory tenents are semi-permanent residents on public assistance (&drugs), and love to talk,yell,scream at all hours of the night on the stairs. (their hang-out spot)
I STRONGLY urge you to NEVER STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our
Motel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could
have been.
I would like to apologize on behalf of the motel and its staff that your were given a smoking room even tho you booked a non smoking room for your stay. Our standard procedure is to double check your reservation to make sure you are given the room you requested.
We have recently remodeled all of are rooms and hired new housekeeping staff to make sure our rooms are spotless and we also under new management and as the new manger i am giving you 20% off your next say if you do chose to give us another try

sincerely - Nash Waland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011 via mobile

My house brun down in a fire and I stayed at the sky rider motel. I was here for bout two weeks. And my stay was great, the staff was nice and kind, the room was clean and no bugs. They are cheap and clean. They may not have all the latest equipment but it was nice stay

• Stayed June 2011
Amherst, MA, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

The good: the sheets were clean, there weren't any bedbugs, there was daily room service, the desk staff was friendly and kind. The heater/air conditioner worked, as did the television. The bed wasn't bad. It's cheap.

The bad: apparently, some folks who have Section 8 (or "transitional") housing live there, and they treat the hotel as if it were their home. Some of them (or their guests) can be loud and they rarely seem to sleep - my brother's room was under one of theirs, and they were restlessly thumpy all night. A few of them, or their friends, tend to hang around all the time, and that can get a bit worrisome. The walls of the hotel are thin in any case, and so when I took out my ear plugs this morning I could hear: -a conversation in an adjacent room; -a couple enjoying each other's company; -a discussion out on the balcony between a semi-permanent resident and her son? nephew? who then threatened me when I suggested they take it inside; -various other coming and goings. BRING EAR PLUGS. When I used them, then I was only woken two or three times in the night.

So, to sum up: it's a cheap hotel. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our
motel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could
have been. I would like to apologize on behalf of the motel and its team for your stay. And the noise level you encountered during your stay is unacceptable.
we are under new management and as the new manger i am giving you 20% off your next stay in the event you do chose to give us another try

sincerely- Nash Waland

Been to Sky Riders Motel? Share your experiences!