“Worst Motel ever. Better off sleeping in your car on the freeway!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Sacramento South

You added Motel 6 Sacramento South to your Saves list
Motel 6 Sacramento South
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   7407 Elsie Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95828   |
Ranked #76 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Enterprise, Utah
“Worst Motel ever. Better off sleeping in your car on the freeway!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was robbed within two minutes of being there. Went to get help from managment and was told we could not review there security footage. My car keys were one of items stolen so while sitting by the car to make sure it wasn't taken we saw prostitutes and everything else you can imagine. I did not even dare to go to sleep but had to stay there until I could get new keys for my car the next day. Management was absoultely no help. The officer that took my report asked what in the world we were doing in this part of town. They need a big sign saying do not exit here HIGH CRIME AREA!!! Would not be surprised to find out management is involved with everything going on there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Sacramento South, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear Blane F - We apologize for the security and service issues you experienced during your stay with us. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Fulton, Ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

If you're a prostitute or john, you'll love this Motel 6. But if you're not, and are awakened several times in the middle of the night by a woman alternately screaming as if being stabbed and giggling in the room next door, don't complain or ask for another room or you'll be put on the motel's "Do not rent" list. Even if you've stayed there many times in the past, the manager apparently makes more money renting rooms to "that nice elderly Japanese gentleman" who couldn't possibly have a prostitute or very enthusiastic girlfriend in his room and he'll wait until the morning of the reservation you made 4 weeks before to have the Cancellation desk call you and inform you your reservation has been canceled because of a disturbance the time you stayed there 3 weeks earlier. And don't bother calling Guest Relations either, because they'll say they can't do anything and you'll have to talk with the manager. That would be the same manager who repeatedly refused to speak to you because he doesn't want to admit that Tom Bodett leaves the light on for prostitutes and their customers but not for people who complain about them.

But if you are turned away, there is a new Red Roof Inn a half block away that charges only $10 more and is a way better deal with nicer rooms and amenities like WiFi, flat-screen TV, microwave, fridge, continental breakfast, friendly staff, and an ever-present security guard. And pets are welcome. Actually, Motel 6 did me a big favor by refusing to rent to me.

Room Tip: Rooms on back side are further from freeway noise but out of view of watchful eyes - more conducive...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Castro Valley, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I have stayed few times at Motel 6 in numerous locations and have had good experience; so looking for just a place to sleep and then depart, I looked for a Motel 6 in the area so it can end up being a reasonable stay. When I walked in to register, I did not feel welcome - I had to say hello and then received a very cold hello back. I had specifically reserved a room with 2 beds (2 children in tow) and non-smoking. The room looked clean but when it came time for sleeping, I couldn't sleep as my pillow reeked of smell of cigarette. I did find it odd that there was an ashtray in a supposed non-smoking room. When I checkout & was asked if I find everything to my liking, I did mention the pillow & I was told that I should have called the desk & asked for another pillow!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

The manager was rude and unprofessional!!
We were a large group and we had reservations. We got here at 3pm to check in they told us rooms weren't ready and to come back at 4pm!! WTH!! Our rooms smell and the management sucks!! I don't care if its a cheap motel it's called customer service!! I can see now that I should have done my homeworker this place got a lot of bad reviews!! Not surprised

• Stayed January 2013
Carson City, Nevada, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

This was, by far, the most disgusting hotel/motel I have ever stayed in. My husband, two children and myself needed basic accomodations. This motel did not even fit that bill. I found hair and bugs in the shower, a cockroach next to the bedside table, a previous guests' litter behind the side table and next to the bed. The sheets had holes in them, the mattresses were stained with who knows what.The "non-smoking" room smells like smoke and wet dog. On a positive note, I checked for bed bugs and found none, I think. I'm pretty sure we saw drug deals and a little prostitute business going on. On our return from the LMFAO concert we went to Sacramento to see, a police officer questioned our return into the Motel 6 parking lot. This is a great motel if you want a dingy place to sell drugs or turn tricks. One other positive thing-the front desk people were nice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Syracuse, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

I saw what I believed to be prostitutes coming out of hotels. I saw several with children so I can only assume that they actually live in this motel 6.
I needed more towels and when I asked the lady with the cart who was coming around cleaning she said she had none to give.
I will never return to this motel 6 again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

the guest sevice team is always alsome and housekeepers keep getting friendler. I made friends with all workers there and I keep them as friends. Rooms where clean guard was on his job loved it.Well go back even to just say hi to new friends

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Sacramento South? Share your experiences!