“filty, disgasting, place this is a ripoff motel, to many prostitution, the room are nothing but a junk.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Economy Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Economy Inn
4325 Watt Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95821 (Formerly Great Western Inn Sacramento)   |
Ranked #75 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Please do not check in to this junk Economy Inn. First off all it is very filty outside there is a lot of cocoroches, the room is very filty, disgusting, so stingky, the blines are not fixe, once you hold one all of them are folling apart, there is no telephon, there is a tv but not hook up, the light in the sink can't turn off, the bath tub is so filty, the flor, the bed, there is nothing in it. The people who were living there was the people so disparate to have some place to live, some of them their room are paid off from the county. I was one of them, I can't stand it on march 5, 2013 this worker check me in and the person was in the office show us the room, and he promise to be done that day, and I request to remove the two bed and get and put a new one he said ho! sure, sure don't worry about it they were fixing it and cleaning, it will be ready. Guess what I didn't move that day because I have an motel doun to west Sacramento, so I start moving my stuff on March 8, 2013. I was very dissapointed noting happen to the room I was so mad the person in the office told me he didn't know when I will be check in, I told him it doesn't matter when I will be check in, I was check in since march 2013, but nothing happen to this room, he said i am sorry because there is an emergency the roof is liking, I said I do not care because this room it suppost to be ready I gave you a plenty of time, But his been ignoring me all night long this place is unhealty live on. The next day I left the place because I coudn't stand it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Angela just touched on what's wrong with this place!! Drug dealers approach you while your walking to your room. The so called security (who lives there) tweaks all night with his girl friend and is afraid to say anything to the drug dealers and pimps. Yes the rooms are nasty as hell. Don't stay here you'll regret it!!

Room Tip: Unless you're a prostitute don't stay here!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

Where do i start! The room was filthy, no t.v. a phone ,but not hooked up. There was blood and burn holes in the sheets. There was blood on the walls and feces on the bathroom walls.The air conditioner did not work. We asked for a refund and told no because we had already entered the room. We were offered another room and it was just as filthy. Asked for owners name and phone number and was refused. we were asked to leave the property with no satisfaction or refund.there was a hypodermic needle and used condoms in the parking lot. this establishment needs a fast visit from the health dept. and the police dept. there were tweakers and prostitutes walking all over the property like it was an every day thing.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this motel. If you do please see a doctor and sterilize yourself with a gallon of rub...
Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

I stayed there for a week on my last stay in Sac. It was a big difference from the Days Inn down the street where my reservation were originally. This place was a palce. I really couldnt complain and i would stay agin. The wi fi and breakfast seald the deal.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Sacramento, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2008

I really dont know where to start, there are so many problems with this place. first off, I was walking up to the office window and the smell of curry was so strong it was nauseating. The lady barely spoke english. When she did speak to me she didnt have a very nice tone to her voice. Well I got my room and I noticed the chain lock on the door was broken off the rest of the lock was bent, like someone kicked the door open. . Next I tried to call the office, but you cant, use the phone, unless you jiggle the wire and hold it in the wall, then come to find out you cant even call the office unless you pay a 5 dollar deposit. Then after that you get 3 free local minutes. Lady in office wouldnt even say how much per minute. We had 1 light bulb for 4 fixtures in the room and a couple of the electricle outlets didnt even have covers on them. Oh my the next was that the blinds in the room were too small for the window, so there were huge gaps so people could see in as they walked by. I asked if they had curtians and they said no. so I pulled the bedspread off the bed to use it as a curtian, and noticed that there were blood stains and other blotches of who knows what on that and the sheets. YUCK! Please stay at a motel 6 They are a 5 star hotel compared to this dump!!

Stayed October 2008
sacramento
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2008

I phoned the hotel looking for information the "owner" called me a [--][--]. I attempted to call back and a man answered the phone speaking a india tongue.

Stayed October 2008
Hawaii
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2004

Just returned from recent trip to California - made reservations Through the Travelodge website to stay in the Sleepy Bear Den room.
When I arrived at the hotel, I was told that the Sleepy Bear Den was not available, even though I'd reserved it more than 2 weeks prior to my arrival. I was told they'd put me in a room with 2 double beds. In addition, when I requested a room with a mini fridge, I was told that 'none of the rooms have one' - when I said that the Sleepy Bear rooms have them, I was told 'no they dont' - even though the website clearly states that they do, and my reservation confirmation clearly states that there is a tv/vcr/fridge. I then inquired about what the new rate would be for the 'different' room, and was told 'well you were quoted $68 per night for the first 2 nights' - to which I stated that I was quoted that, but for a room withmore amenities, a room that I wasn't even Getting. The manager came in a 'reduced' the rate on my final night by $15, so I was paying $68 for all 3 nights. I travel frequently to California, and always with 3 children who range in age from 1 year to 9 years old. We were looking forward to staying in the 'cool kids' room during our stay, but that didn't happen.

In addition, the room was really dark, even with the lights on.

The staff were friendly enough, which was probably the only real plus.
I would not stay at the North Highllands location again, but I Would stay at the location on J street (as I have in the past).

Been to Economy Inn? Share your experiences!