“Fast becoming our favorite chain” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast & WiFi
Ranked #7 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Santa Clara
“Fast becoming our favorite chain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

Embassy Suites Hotel Sacramento, good location, free breakfast, clean comfy rooms. Good size rooms.
As we roam around the country it seems as if Embassy Suites Hotels are consistent and never fail to deliver.
Only negatives of Embassy Suites Hotel Sacramento; Pool is pretty small I mean almost the size of a spa. The morning cook adds way too much oil to the pans for omelets so the eggs do come out greasy. $25.00 to park your car per night. OUCH.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Portland, OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

My mom and I stayed here for one night.
There were a few odd things: the tv did not seem to have a 'general listing' of the channels, so, silly as it may be, it was frustrating trying to find a movie, then to find out what it was we were watching.
I mention this because the front desk did not seem to try to help us: no daily paper to offer, no computer print out of the tv channels, no other solution...
The phone in our room didn't work either, no dial tone, so after going down to the front desk in person, and the service guy coming to the room, it only worked on speaker; weird but true.
We did pay extra for the river view, and it was nice to see nature in the morning, so that was ok.
For the money, I would return with my family: free manager reception gets you pretzels and a beer/drink in the evening and the morning breakfast is decent, but not 'wow, great food!'
The nicest part was being downtown and having easy access to where we wanted to walk to (Crocker Museum), and when I went to bed at 11pm, and my mom stayed up until 1am, we were able to shut the door between the two rooms. That was nice. The $25 per car is high, though.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2009

My family and I recently stayed at the Embassy Suites-Riverfront Promenade in June for 3 days... I would like to thank the following... Charles, thanks for getting my parents a great room with a view of the River! Jamar, thanks for taking us back and forth from the airport. Thanks to all of the housekeepers, food service crew (especially the cook to order omellete guys), bellboys, and all for a great, fantastic time.
The breakfast and happy hour is the best I have seen, and I do travel alot! Oh I forgot room service - the wood grilled pizza was the best!
We will definitely being staying at the Embassy Suites in the future!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Yorba Linda, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2009

My host who suggested I stay at this property was concernced I wouldn't like it-but no worries! This Embassy Suites is done in the open atrium style of several others at which I have stayed. I was on the conceirage level so I am not sure if my room differed from the rest , but it was nicer than any other Embassy suites I've seen. Nice crown molding and paneled doors, two closets, 2 flat screen TVs, granite counters in bath and hallway wet bar/kitchenette. I asked for a room with a view, and was somewhat apolegetically told that there were no full river view rooms left. I got a view straight across Capital, but looking to the left could clearly see the wonderful 75 year old draw bridge across the river. The River Promenade on that side of the hotel was very pleasant for a walk and I saw bikers and joggers. Looking down Capital Mall, I got a nice view of the State Capital. I walked to charming Old Sacramento and could see in my mind the saloon girls and gun slingers as it must have been in the gold rush days! This would be a good place for a family with school age kids to stay to show them around the California State Capital. As an added bonus, while I was waiting for my ride in the morning, the draw bridge opened! Whistles, bells, and sirens go off to alert traffic which of course is stopped. Quite a sight to see this old engineering marvel do its thing. Couldn't have planned it better!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Santa Cruz, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2009

I had my car broken into, damaged, & many possessions stolen from using the valet service at this hotel. The hotel will not call me back. This hotel is in an increasingly dangerous part of Sacramento, where car vandalism is a regular occurrence. If you stay here don't take a car, you are forced to use the valet, & they park cars in parking garages in bad parts of town. The hotel is nice besides this.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Orange County
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

The only complaint I have about this place is the $25 valet parking and/or the $24 parking across the street. Other than that this hotel is an exceptional deal. The rooms are decorated very nicely with a living room and a bedroom and 2 large lcd screens in each room. The bathroom is nice with granite countertops and a good size bathroom. Free made to order breakfast is served in the morning and free drinks, chips and salsa, and veggies are served in the evening. The hotel is really beautiful on the inside with it's indoor atrium.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Western Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2009

We spent 5 nights there for our winter break vacation so the kids could see some gold rush sites and visit the state capitol. The room setup was excellent for a family of 4 - we had a river view room with 2 beds and the living room had a pullout sofa bed.

The room was spacious and had nice touches like large flat screen TVs and an MP3 player hookup on the clock radio. The breakfast was included and was excellent - self-serve except if you wanted omelettes cooked to order, with a wide variety of choices. The food could have been better (it was excellent for a pre-prepared buffet) but the convenience couldn't be topped.

The parking was outrageously expensive, but I knew that up front and just figured I'd live with it. The valets were generally prompt with bringing the car up front.

The location is wonderful as you can walk to Old Sacramento and to the Capitol - we even walked on to Sutter's Fort from the Capitol, but that was a bit of a hike for the kids.

The business center is small and self serve (2 computers and printers) but is free, so printing boarding passes the night before we left was easy enough.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites Sacramento - Riverfront Promenade? Share your experiences!