“Sacramento” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Sacramento, United States
“Sacramento”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Good value. Great loaction. The state Capitol is in walking distance. Old Sacramento is literally right outside the lobby doors. Room was clean and offered all the conveinence of home. The dinner reception comparted to other Embassy Suites was not that favorable. The breakfast however was comparable tro other properties I have stayed in. My overall experience was very good. Staff was friendly and very helpful. I would absolutly stay in this facility when I return to the Sacramento area. May be the best value in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

This hotel has it all. The meals provided at the conference were spectacular. Something for everyone. Great staff, service and a great location! Loved the breakfast and evening cocktail hour. I will be staying here again!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Marcus R, Manager at Embassy Suites Sacramento - Riverfront Promenade, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Our staff feels great to see that you enjoyed the lunch we provided during your conference. Our chef and his team take pride in preparing delicious meals for our guests every day. I’m glad that you got a chance to enjoy our complimentary cooked to order breakfast and Evening Reception. We thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor and we look forward to having you back whenever you are in Sacramento.
Fairfield, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Can't ask for a better place to stay for the Shamrockin' Half Marathon. I believe this hotel will push me to do the half marathon every year - it's that good of a stay! And to top it off, they offer free dinner and complimentary breakfast each day! WHAT A DEAL!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Boulder, CO, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Standard fare for an Embassy Suites, but the location couldn't be any better for exploring Old Town. Also, fantastic service! The rooms are clean and have nice amenities like coffee, tea, etc.. The only down side is that expensive Valet parking is required as there is no other option ($28/day). Otherwise, great experience for business or pleasure.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Marcus R, Manager at Embassy Suites Sacramento - Riverfront Promenade, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
We loved having you just as much as you enjoyed staying with us! Our location is another one of our advantages among other hotels in Sacramento. We are located right across the street from Old Sacramento and along the Sacramento River. We also sit right next to the Tower Bridge and a bike/ running trail. It’s beautiful! We’d love another opportunity to provide our hospitable service to you whenever you are in Sacramento. Please come back and visit soon.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

I had stay here for a couple of nights and I have to say it is one of the best hotels I been to. Breakfast was good and Sergio makes an awesome omelet. I had lunch here and Herman was so sweet. He made me a special salad. It was delicious. The girl at the counter was so helpful and sweet. Her name was Bonny. She had told me Herman can make me anything, I just had to ask. I will definitely come back and visit.

• Stayed March 2014
Fresno
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Comfortable, clean, quiet Morning breakfast was excellent Hotel close to many amenities in Old Sacramento Loved the view of the bridge at night from my room- peaceful Nice to have the suite to relax in

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Phoenix
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Last evening I attended a birthday party at the Embassy Suites at the Riverfront in Sacramento. The guest of honor was celebrating her 99th birthday; guests, not surprisingly, included siblings, children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, great-great grandchildren, nieces, nephews and a number of friends. I thought that a facility like the Embassy Suites which booked the event would have taken steps to be prepared for the arrival of such an age diverse group; unfortunately, I was mistaken.

The valet manager was quick to advise that the property was a hotel that needed to reserve parking for its overnight guests. That seems fair enough; if I were an overnight guest, I would expect to be able to park at the hotel where I had a reservation. The property's notion that it needed to determine which customers were to be denied service left guests with contracted events with no alternative but to seek parking elsewhere and walk to the hotel from wherever that might be. Frankly, I would find this an unsatisfactory situation in any circumstance, but when this occurs at the birthday party of a 99 year old, it tells me something about the service culture of the establishment.

Could the hotel have arranged to valet park to a remote location? Of course they could have, but that would have required foresight and advance planning; in other words, first, they would actually need to consider and care about the welfare of their guests. I asked the valet manager if he had truly thought through what he was doing; he insisted that he had.

Not surprisingly, the food and service at the event were mediocre at best. Dry salmon was served with overlooked broccoli. Servers were generally pleasant though not the least bit attentive.

I enjoy frequenting businesses that provide good service because they sincerely care about the quality of their customer's experience. This Embassy Suites is simply not such a business.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Marcus R, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Sacramento - Riverfront Promenade, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with Valet parking. On days were we are completely full we utilize our parking space for guests staying overnight. We refer hourly parking to self park directly across the street. We again apologize for your experience and we thank you for sharing your feedback.

Been to Embassy Suites Sacramento - Riverfront Promenade? Share your experiences!