Stayed over a Saturday night (Oct 19) for personal event. Front staff are relatively friendly, but definitely not at the professional caliber (perhaps it's the location) -- made several screw ups...see below.
- Beautiful river view
- Nice 2 room suites so visitors aren't sitting in your bedroom
- GREAT (free) breakfast buffet
THE NOT SO GOODS:
- Staff surprise screw up...my LI ordered roses to be delivered before my check in. He confirmed w/the front desk at noon, they said it was delivered in my room at 1pm. I checked in at 3:45pm. He came to visit at 4:30pm...no roses. He called front desk...they "found" them and brought them up...but the romantic surprise was ruined.
- Bathtub clog - collected water immediately
- Another staff screw up at check-out. They automatically added $28 valet parking to my bill. I didn't bring my car!!! Good thing I put on my glasses and read/caught the error before leaving the hotel!
- Their "Fitness Center" -- is BAD!!!! On the lobby level -- entrance is THROUGH the eye-burning chlorine pool! The room is SOOOO small and facing/looking directly at the pool! Would be SOOO much better to have the exercise room on a higher level overlooking the river when one's doing cardio workout!!!
All in all, it's a decent property. Nice location -- next to Old Sac Town with river view. Truly -- the best part is the egg omelet station!! Ideal hotel for families.