Embassy Suites offer alot in terms of amenties. Included cook to order breakfast, microwave and frig, sitting room with a sleeper couch. Everything you expect from an Embassy Suite, you will find at this hotel with the exception of free parking. You either pay $25 for valet parking or the same to self park in a garage across the street.
Was offered upgrade for $15 a night to have a river view room. I jumped at the offer as had stayed in hotel a few years ago and had a room overlooking the freeway. I found that room very loud for sleeping so welcomed paying a little extra to get room with a view and that would be quiet for sleeping.
Location is excellent. You are across the road from Sacramento's Old Town and an easy walk to a large outdoor mall with food court and Macys department store. The state capitol building is also in walking distance.
I used the exercise room and found the equipment good quality (Precor treadmills) and with TV screens. If you like to watch tv as you exercise be certain to bring your own headphones as you can't count on there being any in the exercise room to use.
Back to river view room, my motive was to have a quiet room, but was surprised at the view being rather impressive. It was end of December so the river was quite high. The hotel is located right at the Tower Bridge that goes into West Sacramento and it is impressive looking.
As we were leaving the bellman alerted us that the traffic light to get onto the road doesn't have a "trip" from the hotel. If there is a car leaving the garage across the road, a switch will activate so you get a green light. We waited through two light signals and never got a green light. So we went ahead and made a right on red, went to the next intersection and made a "U" turn.
Overall reaction was quite good to this hotel. Room seemed to be recently remodeled and the crown molding in both the bedroom and sitting room was impressive. We noticed there was an abundance of sprinkler head through the rooms which gives you peace of mind when staying in a 8-story hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Newly Renovated Embassy Suites Sacramento - Riverfront Promenade hotel is located on the Sacramento River across from historic Old Town Sacramento. This full-service upscale all-suite hotel is just minutes from the California State Capitol, ARCO Arena, Sacramento International Airport and the Cal Expo - California Exposition and State Fair. Guests of the Embassy Suites Sacramento hotel stay in spacious two-room suites and will enjoy many hotel amenities, services, and facilities in addition to our Complimentary Cooked-to-Order Breakfast and Complimentary Nightly Manager's Reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Embassy Suites Sacramento - Riverfront Promenade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Sacramento - Riverfront Promenade Hotel Sacramento
- Embassy Suites Hotel Sacramento
- Sacramento Embassy Suites