“Not what I expected considering reviews....” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn Old Sacramento

You added Americas Best Value Inn Old Sacramento to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn Old Sacramento
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   221 Jibboom St, I-5 and Richards Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95811 (Formerly Super 8 Discover Park)   |
Ranked #58 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Fort Bragg, California
“Not what I expected considering reviews....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

After reading reviews on multiple websites I thought this would be a good deal for a $50.00 a night room. I didn't expect alot...after all I was being cheap.

So I made reservations on booking dot com.

Arrival: Okay, the motel 6 next door looked more concerning as far as safety goes. The lady at check in was pleasant and helpful. So far so good....

First room: Okay... due to heat intolerance from health issues I have to have A/C that works well, I try to keep my home as well as motel room no warmer than 66. So upon arrival at room, opened dorr to find AC was on... YAY...right? Stepping into room from 88 degrees outside to find it is warmer inside room...and the AC is on full blast/full cold...was a concern. Went back and traded rooms.

Second room: Entered room, turned on AC which actually had a little more forceful air...that would not cool down...perhaps the AC units should be serviced or replaced. This AC unit also had lots of dirt resting on the vents...by dirt I mean it looked like small dirty pebbles, tiny mud clods... intrigueing as top what/how that got there... however, not intrigueing enough to stay.

Went and asked for money back as I cannot stay here.

Took some convincing, but did recieve refund.

Went a little further down the street, and for 3 dollars more a night, found a perfect room at the Days Inn... see that review! :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Had booked a room via the internet in Stockton that we had to leave.

Pulled in here at midnight or so. Got a decent rate w/ AAA card. Clean room and friendly desk clerk.

Had a quick pastry thing in the morning w/ a glass of OJ.

Clean rooms, older but repaired as needed. We got in late and it was pretty quiet in the morning so we got a decent sleep....which was GREAT!!! Some motels are crazy loud from 6 am on, so the quiet morning was a blessing!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

it was fine for the price, the room nearly clean, the front desk person friendly, but they must have taken the previous reviewers comments very seriously - I could hardly sleep or breathe for the lysol or pinesol smell. IT seemed that they just liberally sloshed it around thinking that would make a guest think it was clean. sink dirty as was the shower.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

I got a room on my way from Portland to Los Angeles by myself. For $54.00 my first impression was great: Staff very friendly, and helpful; breakfast sounded promising, and a clean room....sort of. The shower had neglected to be thoroughly cleaned (there was grime on the walls from previous people and a certain kind of hair on the tub shelf. There was also a hair on the wall and the shower head was pretty dirty). Besides the bathroom the TV wouldn't work but both the husband and wife staff came to help even though they couldn't fix it. I slept on my own pillow and between my quilt folded in half due to my own hotel room paranoia. The ice machine was downstairs and I was upstairs and all the doors faced out towards the outside (kiddie corner to the freeway on and off ramps) I had the fan on so it drowned out the noise though. oh and it had an empty mini fridge for my stuff (which is nice compared to the stocked ones that cost a fortune!) .. so my overall review would be...decent...so far.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Kalpesh P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Old Sacramento, responded to this review, October 14, 2011
Thank for posting your review we appreciate your comments. We take your comments seriously and use them to evaluate our Inn and provide additional training for our staff when needed. We apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced while a guest at our Inn. Be assured that we have corrected all of the items that you pointed out in your review and we hope that you will come back and give us another chance to be of service to you in the near future.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Old Sacramento? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Americas Best Value Inn Old Sacramento

Address: 221 Jibboom St, I-5 and Richards Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95811 (Formerly Super 8 Discover Park)
Location: United States > California > Sacramento
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #58 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Hotel Class:2 star — Americas Best Value Inn Old Sacramento 2*
Welcome to Americas Best Value Inn Old Town Sacramento, located next to Old Sacramento, Discovery Park, The State Capital, City Zoo and Convention Center. Experience the Riverboat Cruise, dine and dance on the Victorian Paddle Wheeler and enjoy the spirit of Sacramento. Conveniently located near the downtown mall, restaurants, Arco Arena, Cal Expo and the Sacramento Airport. We are AAA approved and newly renovated. We offer a Free Continental Breakfast, free wireless high speed internet access, hairdryers, refrigerators in all rooms, microwaves are available in some of our guest rooms. For special occasions, try one of our jacuzzi rooms. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn Old Sacramento reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sacramento Super Eight
Sacramento Super 8
Super 8 Sacramento
Super Eight Sacramento

If you own or manage Americas Best Value Inn Old Sacramento, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.