“Excellent Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
San Francisco, CA
“Excellent Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Surprisingly good stay and customer service! We would stay here again if in Sacramento.

The staff made it great:
We arrived one day earlier than our group rate, having booked one night in the concierge level for that one night early before our convention/group.
I spoke with Keoni at reception about having to move to our cheaper (group rate) room the next day. I also spoke with him about my need for a quiet room, away from elevators, heating or aircon ducts outside the building making machinery noise, vending machines, etc.
Most of the time when I explain this at a front desk it seems this request carries no weight.
Keoni took the time to consider the floor plan of the hotel and found us a room on the concierge level at our group rate and bedding configuration (family members were joining us after that first night which is why we booked 2 double beds at the group rate for the rest of our stay).
He found us a corner room and thought this might be quiet.
Our room: beautiful, windows on two sides, and QUIET.
I appreciate when front desk clerks actually listen to their guests and try to accommodate.

ALSO-- FOOD TIP: Instead of waiting in long lines at the convention center across the street during our group event for food, Keoni told us about a tiny family run coffee shop --Tantric I believe is the name--footsteps outside of the Sheraton (to the right of front door). Zero to little lines, and much better food and prices than at the convention center. We had coffees, lattes, wraps, salads, sandwiches between our various family members. So there's your food tip if you are going to an event at the convention center.

Housekeeping - terrific in not making alot of noise in the morning yelling down the hallway, which has happened to me at other chains. One day I was in the room until the afternoon and the housekeeper could not have been nicer about it.
Room was very clean.

Everything went so smoothly I was very impressed as I know when our large convention group comes to town it can be hectic and hotel staff can get frazzled. Not here--everything and everyone so helpful it felt more like a boutique hotel than an impersonal chain.
Another time I returned to the room as the housekeeper was making it up and he graciously disappeared for the short time I needed to change clothes and gather my things.
Everyone at the front desk was pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: Higher floor is more quiet. (We were on 25th floor).
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Sheraton_Grand_Hotel, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear ElizabethStreetMoM,
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and let us know what exactly made your stay wonderful! We are pleased to hear you had such a nice experience with your quiet room, as well as our service! We hope you will join us again at the Sheraton Grand Sacramento!
Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Sonoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

We love the wonderful location of this wonderful hotel. Close to the Capitol, restaurants and Shopping. We love the hotel because it also takes our dogs. Our favorite room on the 6th floor faces the capital building and is always clean and bright.

Stayed November 2013
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

This is a very nice property for Sacramento. I like the location and the blend of modern and old time.
I have stayed several times at this property and this time I was faced with more issues.
After I brought them to the attention of the manager, things were addressed in a very courteous way.

Still, for improvement I want to flag out some issues I had while there.
First, when I checked in I was not recognized as a platinum member. Even though I used my suite awards I was difficult to really get an upgrade.
I was surprised by the cold, abrasive manner in which staff is treating spg members
The green choice was not offered to me, and when I requested it the second day, even though I did not get the cleaning service, I also did not get the credit.
As for the valet service: it usually takes a very long time to get your car. They do not take calls to bring the vehicle from room and once you go downstairs it takes a long time.
One time they brought the wrong car, so it took them more than half an hour to bring my car. Consequence? I was late for my meeting.
When I checked out very early on Monday, I was surprised when I received a portfolio for $3,707 and cents. Eventually they corrected the bill.
However, as of today, 10 days later, my credit card is still being held for $3,707.
When I left I asked the front desk agent to charge my room to a starwood credit card, yet she still charged to a different card.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Our room was right by the elevators so I was worried about noise but my fears were ungrounded. The hotel was pretty full but we had no noise in our room at all. The bed was extremely comfortable, plenty of space in the room, and a window seat from which we could watch the beautiful sunrise. Ample access to electrical sockets to charge our phones, iPads, etc. All the staff we interacted with were efficient and friendly. We were taking part in a dance competition at the convention center and this hotel is very conveniently located across the street. There was a Starbucks for us to get our morning coffee (with no line - unlike the convention center) and the restaurant staff were very accommodating when we just wanted to eat cereal in our room before heading over to the competition. The location was great for us and there were a lot of restaurants nearby when we wanted a change of scenery.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Visitng Sacramento for a conference and I would consider the stay comfortable. The lobby was beautiful and the staff was welcoming as well as informative regarding what was nearby. As far as Sheratons go- it was sufficient. The room was clean and optically pleasing- very modern..flat screen t.v., nice shower and beautiful view. The maid service was notable.

Not the greatest line of toiletries...no shower gel or shower cap for the forgetful...but.. the guest services staff was extremely helpful and prompt when I requested toothpaste and deodorant due to lost luggage.

The fitness center was "fair". I found the cardo machines a bit dated- but they got the job done. There was quite a bit of strength training equipment which is a plus for the "serious" gym folks...

Bottom line... it was not luxurious but it was worth the while as it relates to a comfortable stay. I found the staff to be quite helpful and attentive..the food to be tasty- typical of a Sheraton....and the barkeeps rather friendly.

Most importantly, there were lots of great restaurants in walking distance and quite the variety..I visited an authentic Italian place...fairly close...good food..

On my last day in residence- I took a taxi to Arden mall- about an 18 buck cab ride...it was worth it to pick up a few retail items since there was not too much retail on the high end in walking distance.

I'd pick this location for business again...not so much for a vaca or a work trip where I was fitting in "vaca" lol....

Room Tip: pick high floors--- great view of the city and the historic buildings
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton_Grand_Hotel, Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Mimi823,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay overall and found our amenities to your liking. Thank you for letting us know about the lack of shower amenities… we do have them available by calling the front office, but we appreciate your feedback about putting them in the rooms. We hope to have you back again soon!
Blythe, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I am here attending a conference for work. The conference rooms are comfortable and well maintained. The atmosphere is rich and elegant. Even though I have projects to work on after the conference, the room is very spacious and relaxing. The service is amazing. The staff is very professional and actually seem to really enjoy their work. The staff is accommodating and knowledgeable.

Dear LMS1718,
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel and letting us know about your recent stay! We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope your wonderful experience will bring you back our way soon!
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

We arrived on our business trip on Sunday and check-in was seamless. The room was clean and spacious. I had two concerns that I feel I need to address. I had a night cap and was asked for my room number to keep a tab open. When I closed out I paid with cash but my room was still charged. My second concern was that I called the front desk and they never answered the phone. I then called guest services and then again no answer. When I reported this at check out he gave the company line, sorry about that. He did say he would look into being doubled charged. Moral of the story pay with a credit card or let them to charge to your room. Lesson learned.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton_Grand_Hotel, Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear lcastillo1,
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and let us know about the issues you encountered while staying here. We sincerely apologize for the mix up regarding your bar bill! If you should need to follow up with anyone regarding your charges, please feel free to call (916) 341-4545 and someone in our Accounting Department can assist you!
Guest Services Manager

Been to Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel? Share your experiences!