“Excellent service and nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #7 of 85 hotels in Sacramento
“Excellent service and nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This hotel is next door to the Sacramento convention center and central to many good restaurants. The hotel is nice, and the rooms are clean and spacious. The hotel restaurant is OK (it was better before when they served some excellent Huevos Rancheros). The staff at the restaurant is great. Also, Rasheen Johnson in reception is provided excellent service. Thanks for your help Rasheen.

Room Tip: Make sure you try Ella's Kitchen about two blocks west of the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ashley D, Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Customer service is of utmost importance to us at the Sheraton Grand Sacramento and it is such a delight to read reviews in which a guest has put one of our very own under the spotlight! Thank you for applauding his excellent customer service and I can assure you we have forwarded your comments to Rasheen and his supervisor. Thank you for sharing our convenient location with our future guests and your comments regarding the comfort of our spacious and clean guestrooms. In addition, we will forward your comments on to our Executive Chef to see about adding the Huevos Rancheros back to the restaurant menu. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

617 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with a group of people for the weekend in a corner suite. Beautiful and spacious with bay windows on a top floor. Situated closeby to all our weekend activities, with Old Sac a short drive away. Valet parking available for overnight guests but street parking is around also. Worth every dime!

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you for sharing your delightful review with us and our future guests. We are so pleased to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and were able to experience all that Sacramento has to offer. Thank you for sharing our convenient location and different parking options with our future guests, it is greatly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to the Sheraton Grand Sacramento in the near future.
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed here for a family birthday party. I booked on line directly thru the hotel website and got the best rate (senior rate) vs other websites. When we drove up, the valet and bell service was immediately at our car to help. Nathan D was especially helpful and friendly. He helped us at check in and again at check out and was a joy to meet. The hotel rooms were ok, nothing extra special but very clean and the beds were comfortable. Starbucks coffee in the room was a plus. My one complaint is there was no free wifi and we had to pay $10+ per day to get internet. Also, parking costs $25 per day but for downtown Sacramento, that's to be expected. We only ate one meal in the restaurant, the Sunday buffet breakfast. The food was plentiful and a good variety but a little pricey for breakfast. We also enjoyed the bar, with plenty of places to sit and our drinks were served promptly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Santa Cruz
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Let me begin by saying that I did not actually stay at this hotel, but my wife did.

My wife travels frequently for her job and Sacramento is one of the places she frequents. She had never stayed at the Grand Sheraton before and I knew that she had just had a really tough week at the office.

I (her husband) wanted to do something nice for my wife and I figured I would call one of the big flower delivery companies and have flowers delivered to her room. Unfortunately I missed the cutoff time for delivery and my wife was going to be checking into her room shortly. I called every flower shop within a 10 mile radius and nobody would do it.

Feeling discouraged I called the hotel and asked if there an in house flower shop and unfortunately there was not. I asked to speak to the concierge in hopes that there might be something that could be done.

The gentleman I spoke to introduced himself as Armando Jimenez. I explained my situation and tried my best to convey that I really wanted to surprise my wife with a few flowers to show her that I still think of those little thing (sometimes). Armando listened and then asked me if it would be alright if he called me back in a few minutes while he checked on his option.

Several minutes later I got a call from Armando and he told me that he had spoken with one of the in house departments and that the hotel would be putting together a small flower arrangement for my wife and that it would be delivered to her room.

I would like to say that I was extremely and pleasantly surprised that Armando had gone out of his way to assist me with this. When I spoke to Armando next, he was calling to ask me if I wanted him to hand write a note to my wife. I said yes and gave him a few words to write down and thank him for all of his help.

Later that afternoon I got a phone call from my wife asking me if I had sent her flowers. At first she thought the flowers had been delivered to the wrong room, but that the handwriting looked like mine (which was just a coincidence). I told her that the flowers were indeed for her and that she deserved them after having such a long week and then having to drive to Sacramento for a two day conference.

In the end, my wife was thoroughly surprised and felt touched by the gesture. I earned points with this one! She said that she hoped I hadn't spent a lot of $$ getting the flowers delivered to her room, and I simply said "you're welcome". It made my wife's week (and if I am lucky maybe her month!) and it seemed like it genuinely made her conference more bearable.

She said that the room was super clean and that the staff was very friendly and helpful. In fact the next time she goes to Sacramento, she wants me to come along so that we can stay at the Grand Sheraton.

Thank you Mr. Jimenez for helping me surprise my wife with a lovely little flower arrangement! It meant a lot to her and it meant a lot to me that you were willing to go the extra mile!

Room Tip: The 24th floor was quiet
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Tons of up-to-date amenities make a stay at this historic property. During a business trip I enjoyed the state-of-the art workout room, the nice VIP loung, and full buffet breakfast at the restaurant located within the large atrium, which is a historic market that has been updated and transformed into the hotel common areas/lobby. The room was modern and filled with amenities. The staff was very hip, welcoming and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Thanks to Chris and other staff, our stay went smoothly in a fascinating building with all the good things about Sheraton and in the perfect downtown location. The reconstruction of historical building adds to charm. Parking is convenient but not free.

San Antonio, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have stayed here many times and it is a great upscale hotel with a large lobby and bar area. After 5pm the bar and lobby area gets crowded with people socializing. It is a nice atmosphere for food or drinks. The rooms are large, clean, nice, modern and comfortable. My only complaints would be that the mattresses are not firm enough and the flat screen tv cannot be turned to face different parts of the room. It is mounted on the wall at the far end of the room and you can't see it if you are sitting at the desk in the room. Other than that it is a great hotel. The staff is very welcoming and friendly too. Perfect location right next to the convention center, lots of things to walk to nearby.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel? Share your experiences!