“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #7 of 85 hotels in Sacramento
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The Sheraton is in a very good location, near good restaurants and theatre. The rooms were very nice, updated, great view, comfortable beds. We had adjoining rooms at the end of the hall. Very quiet and clean. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We liked being up past the 10th floor, good views
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

622 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
NH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

First and foremost the staff at this hotel is incredibly helpful! I had been traveling from the east coast to a conference at the hotel. I had been up since 2:30am est and been in planes and airports for over 12 hours by the time I arrived at the hotel The front desk staff immediately recognized how exhausted I was and sped through the check-in process (but didn't make me feel rushed) and purposefully searched out a very quiet room for me. Plus room service brought my dinner in 15 minutes instead of the usual 30 minutes.

But the reason for the 3 star instead of the 4 star is really because of the odd arrangement for the restaurant. It was only open for breakfast (which was awesome!) . But i didn't want room service again for dinner -i wanted to get out of my room but didn't have a car to drive to a restaurant so i thought I would eat in the hotel. When I got to the restaurant I found a sign directing me to the bar -which I guess is ok -but this was a friday night and there was a special event in the hotel. The bar was packed with party-goers and it felt extremely awkward to sit there eating a roast chicken dinner with people getting drunk. Remember I was still very jet lagged from my flights the previous day and really just wanted a relaxing dinner -I don't think it is asking too much of a hotel of this size to provide both a bar and restaurant for dinner. So therefore I am giving it a 3 star review.

But I would definitely stay here again, especially if traveling on business.

Sacramento, Ca.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for an evening while attending a Winter Ball at the Sacramento Convention Center. The hotel is centrally located right next door to the SCC.
The hotel is very nice. The rooms seem smaller but are updated and well appointed.
We enjoyed a quiet, comfortable stay. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
San Mateo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I would like to thank Carlos, Lil, Lupe, Jose, Aschla and Maria for making our meeting a HUGE success. I would also like to say the food was AWESOME! Hats off to the Chef and Banquet Team! Thanks again from Cheryl Smith and the entire California Society of Certified Public Accountants Team.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is my favorite hotel. The staff treats you like family, the rooms are luxorious, and the preferred lounge is like going into your well stocked family room. I have stayed here over the last 6 months for business and really enjoy my stays. The staff knows you by name. The valet parking crew are very professioanl and friendly, taking great care of my own vehicle.

I wish all hotels were this nice!!!!

Thanks staff.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a family suite if you want lots of room. End rooms are great too.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I had a great experience staying at this hotel. The front desk staff was very helpful and nice. Chris - front desk staff helped me quickly print my boarding pass. Also, there was an incident in the room next to mine during the evening of my stay and before I could even call the front desk, I could hear someone from the Security office knocking at their door. It made me feel very safe in the hotel.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The Grand is for the most part a standard Sheraton hotel, rooms look like they usually do in most US Sheraton hotels, were very clean, as an SPG member got upgraded as they are supposed to do, all confirmed ahead of time, everything worked as it was supposed to.

I really liked the location of the place, we've stayed around town here and there when visiting friends here, I much prefer to be in this area for general access to things to do when not with friends. Internet, gym were very good. The layout of the property merges a standard high-ish rise hotel building with an adjoined structure that extends out of the lobby (used to be a market space, I think), with the bar and restaurant area, and makes for a slightly different architecture to the place than you would normally find in such a hotel. Staff we dealt with were uniformly excellent.

I'm neutral on the fact that they charge for parking here: it's no different than what you will find at most hotels in central areas of reasonably big towns, and is in line with what the Hyatt or Citizen Hotel charge in Sacramento, I believe.

The strangest thing was they had a really small club lounge (it was smaller than our room), which I can imagine will get very crowded when the hotel is full of regular politico travelers. Overall, looking forward to making this our hotel of choice for trips up to Sacramento.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel? Share your experiences!