“Ok for a Night” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #57 of 85 hotels in Sacramento
Winnipeg, Canada
“Ok for a Night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Got in very late after a day of travel and needing a place to sleep. It was nice to be greeted with very friendly and helpful hotel clerks. When we entered the room the first thing to greet us was a big stain on the carpet and a strong deodorizing scent..not too pleasant. The bathrooms and bed however were very clean so I felt ok to sleep there. Breakfast in the morning was quite nice and we much appreciated it from some other hotels we have stayed in. It is clear that this place needs to be deep cleaned or renovated on the carpet, curtains and furniture side. Otherwise quite acceptable and good price for the night.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
QualitySacramento, General Manager at Quality Inn Sacramento North, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear Monique,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete an online review regarding your stay with us. Feedback from our guest is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and great stays for our guest such as yourself. It brings a smile to our faces that you were highly satisfied with our exceptional customer service,accomodation capability & complimentary breakfast to start your day. Though, I did notice within your feedback some dissapointing infomation that there was a stain on the carpet and the room deodorizer smell was quiet strong. I have discussed these issues with my housekeeping staff to prevent these types of issues from occuring again by limiting the amount of room freshner being used, As well as to notify front desk of any room that needs attention from our shampooing staff.

Thank you so much for your business. We hope you will give us another chance to provide you with another pleasurable stay and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Kind Regards,

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Fresno, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

QUICK REVIEW
Overall-
I was very pleased with the area, the hotel had some moderate issues. Although there were many pleasant aspects it all boils down to one thing, customer service. When I brought these issues to their attention they were very unhelpful and seemed to care less about making it right. The only way I would stay at this hotel again would be if I was on a tight budget. I feel that the property right behind this property would be a few dollars more with a better outcome. With some minor upgrades and training this property will increase in score.

DETAILED REVIEW
First Appearance-
The hotel is in a nice area and in a very convenient location. Very close to the freeway and many good restaurants. The parking lot is dirty and doesn't have the spark that this hotel should, however it has plenty of lighting at night and seems like a secure lot. The check in carport area is small, it fits two cars one spot is taken by the shuttle. Overall the first appearance is rated about a 2 ½ of 5.

Check In-
As I walked in I felt a helpful and welcoming atmosphere. Something I look for in customer service is when someone is busy helping other customers and they take a quick moment to acknowledge the waiting customer and say we will be right with you, I did receive that from the desk agent. The check in process took longer than it should have, they were having problems with their equipment and they began to become inattentive as if they had other things on their mind. The customer should be number one even if having problems. Overall the check in process is rated about a 3 of 5.

Outer Facility-
Besides some small maintenance issue suck as dirty floors and walls the overall rating is a 4 of 5.

Room-
The rooms were clean and comfortable, the decor needs some updates and be matched together. There were some issues that I came across on my initial inspection. There was an ink or oil type of stain on the curtain, toothpaste on the shower curtain, high ledge such as the top of the frames and mirrors needed to be dusted, the light bulb in the desk lamp was missing, and the pillows had some type of bodily fluid (sweat or saliva)on them. The fridge, microwave, sheets, and other furniture were great. Overall the initial room cleanliness is rated at 3 of 5.

Service-
I called the front desk three times the first was to replace the pillows, the second was for the WI-FI access code, and the third was for a wake up call. When I called for more pillows the response I got was less than pleasant, the desk agent was very helpful but all she could do is check to see if there were extras. Then hotel should carry extras and should advise the customer that they will be right up instead of I will check. After that all the calls were great. While checking out I brought my issues to their attention and they wrote this issues down and offered no further assistance. Customers should be happy when leaving so they will come back rather than finding a new hotel either with a small discount or a percentage of an additional stay. Overall service is rated at 1 ½ of 5.

Food-
Choice hotels has a program in which they deliver food from local restaurants to your room, there is a 15% fee for using the service but if you want something other than pizza its a good resource. The morning breakfast was standard however the eggs were missing. The other food was great. Overall food rating is 3 of 5.

Check Out-
As mentioned above there was an issue when I brought the issues to their attention. Other than that check out was quick. Overall check out rating is 0 of 5.

Other-
I did notice that the sign at the front desk mentioned a fee to utilize the shuttle to go to the airport but in their room it stated complimentary. I do not use shuttles but I though this information would be valuable to future guests.

Room Tip: Choose the top floor if you are going to stay so there is no one above you. Also try to book any hot...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
QualitySacramento, General Manager at Quality Inn Sacramento North, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Mr. Chavez

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced on March 21st, 2014 at our hotel. I have discussed your comments with my Front desk, Housekeeping and Miantenance staff,and corrective action is being taken to address the deficiencies that you noted in your comments.
We sincerely appreciate your feedback, as it provides us with the information needed to correct problems and improve on the services we offer to our guest.
We hope to have the opportunity to provide accommodations for you in future and show you how your remarks were used constructively.
Sincerely
Fresno, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Literally needed a place for the night, with little time in the room...thankfully. I stay often in Choice Hotel properties and this place ranks at the bottom. Old property, old furniture, old bathroom, old carpet and really in need of updates. The front desk employee was barely civil and should be removed from her job. Was close to freeway, and fast food. Only ice available was on 3rd floor. The room was clean and provided the bare necessities. The bathtub area needed replastered, painted and refurbished. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
QualitySacramento, General Manager at Quality Inn Sacramento North, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Vicki,
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. I have discussed the issues you have mentioned with the management to imply remodeling to the rooms and also counseled the front desk of her customer service performance. Your feedback & satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Williiamsburg, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

On the plus side, the rooms are clean and the staff was friendly. But had I known that none of the exterior doors on the hotel have locks on them, and than anyone can walk off the street and into the hallways at any time of the day or night, I wouldn't have stayed. Needless to say, I didn't sleep well that night.
Also, when I came back from dinner (about 6:45), the front of the hotel was completely dark. When I suggested to the front desk that the lights might need to get turned on, she said the outside lights don't come on until 7:30- not cool in November. Breakfast beverages were watered down and bakery items were not fresh. My advice would be to stay elsewhere!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
QualitySacramento, General Manager at Quality Inn Sacramento North, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Ms. Chrism,
On behalf of the entire staff here at Quality Inn Hotel Sacramento North we apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I truly appreciate your feedback and will be discussing the issues you mentioned regarding the timing of the outside lights and breakfast issues with the staff. Concerns of our guests are taken very seriously and we want to make sure that these types of issues are taken care of promptly. We are extremely happy that you were satisfied with the cleanliness of our rooms as well as the performance of our staff.
Again I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and we hope to have the opportunity to provide accommodations for you in the future.

Galt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Parking right in front. Gracious hostess Raneeka! Easy check-in and out. Near airport; Good shuttle services. A little old, but OK. WiFi just fair. TV service just OK. Nearby fast foods. You can stay at the Hilton or Hampton for $200 or here for less than half that. Some people are not courteous to others travelers when closing their doors.
We have stayed here before and found it to be a smart way to save money while traveling. I hope this info is helpful to you.
Remember to ALWAYS use hand sanitizer on remotes!!
Please mark it so if it was. Thank you.

Room Tip: Rm. #111 is good. Ask for a king-size bed and ground floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was a trip where we had mtgs in the conference room at this hotel. Check in was quick and easy. We got the rooms for a great price so expectations weren't extremely high so we were surprised that it was a decent place. We have stayed in other Quality Inns and this was by far the best for this chain.

We had a king room. The bed was pretty comfy with 4 pillows which were pretty good. Nice flat screen tv. The vanity and sink are separate from the bath, which I like. There is a small microwave and fridge. I especially liked the corner desk to sit and work at. Overall it was clean and good for us.

The breakfast area is an after-thought to keep up with the competition so it's quite small and cramped. Good waffles, hard-boiled eggs and link sausage. Everything was pretty generic but clean.

The pool area was clean but nothing more than a pool with seating areas. Nothing fancy. The conference room was okay but they didn't clean the trash out until we asked.

Room Tip: There is an IHop and several fast food places right next door. Right off of the freeway.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at this location. Great rooms. Good service. Lots of extras. Pool was nice. Close to restaurants. Shuttle seevice great. Internet wi fi not real good. Need eggs at breakfast. Cable tv good. Shower water pressure weak. Need a laundry facility.

• Stayed August 2013

Raneeka Lal

Been to Quality Inn Sacramento North? Share your experiences!