“No value for money” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 83 Hotels in Sacramento
Hilversum, The Netherlands
“No value for money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

It was not possible to park inside. The room was simple and very dark. We woke up very early. When guests left early they used the slamming door to the garage. Breakfest was bad. Two kind of bagels and some cereals. we never had such a breakfest. When I complained the receptionist muttered something of ohter guests and not enough stock, but no excuses. We were glad that we had only a reservation for one night

Room Tip: not a room above the garage door
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
PCGeneralManager, Front Office Manager at Inn off Capitol Park, responded to this review, October 17, 2014
klasse123,
I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay at our property. I have addressed the issues that you described in your comment, and I would like to thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. I would like to let you know that we have added overflow parking at a lot just up the street. We are working to add more lighting in our rooms, and I have addressed the issues with breakfast. I hope that you will give us a second chance in the future, and that you find our property has improved the issues you pointed out. Again, thank you for your review.
Patrick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Lemoore, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

This hotel was very clean. I was concerned when I opened my room and there were two sets of (unused) ear plugs on the bed. The first night I woke up a lot with different noises but the second night I slept like a baby. They put fresh flowers in my room daily and there were even complimentary bottles of water. The towels were fluffy, the bed was firm but not too hard and they offered Bath and Body Works toiletries. The breakfast was a very basic continental but there is a Starbucks and several small cafe's within walking distance. There are multiple bars and restaurants within walking distance and the neighborhood was decent. The elevator was...vintage. It threw me off. I only had a couple of real complaints, the AC didn't get my room super cold but it was still comfortable. The parking situation was not ideal. There were minimal spots at the hotel itself and areas around the hotel were full. I also came back from my day at training to find that the housekeeping staff had not pulled my door completely shut so it was left open for who knows how long. I will definitely stay here again though.

Room Tip: Arrive early to get a parking space.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
PCGeneralManager, Front Office Manager at Inn off Capitol Park, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear Jennifer H,
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our property, and I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Sacramento!
Upper Left Coast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

They took a three-story motor court and turned it into a comfortable middle-of-the-road hotel quite neat the Capitol Park. What must have been the interior courtyard is now covered and serves as a bright solarium. Breakfast served on the second level.

Reflecting it's motor court roots, however, the rooms are small and have windows only facing to the interior. Nice amenities jam packed into the smallish rooms and scarce electric outlets. My bed was comfortable and well appointed. The room was quiet, as well.

The location is in the still-funky midtown section of Sacramento. A great dive Chinese restaurant/bar across the street and trendy bars and restaurants on the blocks to the south.
Walking distance to the Convention Center and surrounding plush hotels.

Room Tip: Upper floor to the back. Don't expect a view or privacy with your curtains open.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Umbrella man,
Thank you for your review of our property. I am glad that you enjoyed our central atrium! You will be happy to hear that we have added plug outlets as well as USB outlets to each desk in every room! I believe that this has solved any shortage of electrical outlets.
I hope that you will stay at our property on your next visit to Sacramento.
Redondo Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Our son lives in Sacramento and we always stay at the Inn off Capitol Park when we visit him. The location is great (we can walk to the Capitol and tons of excellent restaurants) but we come back for the service. We have stayed here a dozen times and different people have checked us in and out. They are always friendly and always helpful. I made reservations for the wrong room this time. I needed a pull out bed for my 6 foot tall son. No problem! They changed me to the correct room with no extra cost or hassle. We love the sky lighted area for hanging out and eating breakfast, too. The room is clean, breakfast and coffee nice, location great, price good and service outstanding. Why go anywhere else?

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Prince George, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We spent two nights at this property and were rewarded with friendly, professional staff who had a good knowledge of the area and were able to make some solid recommendations for food and sightseeing.

I'd definitely stay there again - there was plenty of ground level parking and we found the room spacious and inviting. That the A/C worked very-well was an added bonus as it was well over 100F during our stay. It was everything that we could have asked for ...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
North America
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

A nice 'old building' with an atrium roof. Not too many rooms which make the whole place pleasant, and quiet Clean and comfortable room.

Walking distance to bars, (the historical 'Simon' just across the street) restaurants and coffee houses. The capitol building/park about 5 minutes away. Perfect location to walk around downtown Sacramento.

Room Tip: Back rooms are very quiet
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
PCGeneralManager, Front Office Manager at Inn off Capitol Park, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
MonteCristo19,

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our property, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Sacramento!
Patrick Phillips
Carson City, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Took my husband on a surprise trip to Old Town Sacramento for his birthday. Stayed here at the recommendation of a friend. This three-story boutique hotel was easily accessible, even with all the one-way streets in downtown Sac. The staff was very professional, friendly, helpful, and went out of their way to accommodate us. With a construction project going on across the street, the front desk clerk offered to put us in a room on the opposite side of the hotel, assuring us it would be quiet. And it was. She even upgraded us to a suite upon our arrival. The room was modern, clean, and nicely decorated. The bed was very comfortable and, although I had heard people in the hallway prior to turning in, we spent a quiet and undisturbed night. The continental breakfast offered on the second-floor atrium is very nice and my husband helped himself to coffee and orange juice even though we planned to eat breakfast at a nearby restaurant. The location of this hotel is within walking distance of lots of restaurants and shops and the State Capitol grounds, which are lovely. The day clerk allowed us to leave our car parked in the covered parking area while we explored downtown, even though we had checked out of our room. We definitely want to visit this charming hotel in this lovely part of Sacramento again.

Room Tip: I think a third-floor room would always be preferable.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Kathleen K,

Thank you so much for your great review! We are so glad that we could provide a pleasant stay for your weekend getaway! We all look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Sacramento!
Patrick Phillips