“Great for State Business” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #38 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Lemoore, United States
“Great for State Business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

This hotel was very clean. I was concerned when I opened my room and there were two sets of (unused) ear plugs on the bed. The first night I woke up a lot with different noises but the second night I slept like a baby. They put fresh flowers in my room daily and there were even complimentary bottles of water. The towels were fluffy, the bed was firm but not too hard and they offered Bath and Body Works toiletries. The breakfast was a very basic continental but there is a Starbucks and several small cafe's within walking distance. There are multiple bars and restaurants within walking distance and the neighborhood was decent. The elevator was...vintage. It threw me off. I only had a couple of real complaints, the AC didn't get my room super cold but it was still comfortable. The parking situation was not ideal. There were minimal spots at the hotel itself and areas around the hotel were full. I also came back from my day at training to find that the housekeeping staff had not pulled my door completely shut so it was left open for who knows how long. I will definitely stay here again though.

Room Tip: Arrive early to get a parking space.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
PCGeneralManager, Front Office Manager at Inn off Capitol Park, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear Jennifer H,
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our property, and I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Sacramento!
Patrick
patrick@royalguesthotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Upper Left Coast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

They took a three-story motor court and turned it into a comfortable middle-of-the-road hotel quite neat the Capitol Park. What must have been the interior courtyard is now covered and serves as a bright solarium. Breakfast served on the second level.

Reflecting it's motor court roots, however, the rooms are small and have windows only facing to the interior. Nice amenities jam packed into the smallish rooms and scarce electric outlets. My bed was comfortable and well appointed. The room was quiet, as well.

The location is in the still-funky midtown section of Sacramento. A great dive Chinese restaurant/bar across the street and trendy bars and restaurants on the blocks to the south.
Walking distance to the Convention Center and surrounding plush hotels.

Room Tip: Upper floor to the back. Don't expect a view or privacy with your curtains open.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Umbrella man,
Thank you for your review of our property. I am glad that you enjoyed our central atrium! You will be happy to hear that we have added plug outlets as well as USB outlets to each desk in every room! I believe that this has solved any shortage of electrical outlets.
I hope that you will stay at our property on your next visit to Sacramento.
Patrick
Redondo Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Our son lives in Sacramento and we always stay at the Inn off Capitol Park when we visit him. The location is great (we can walk to the Capitol and tons of excellent restaurants) but we come back for the service. We have stayed here a dozen times and different people have checked us in and out. They are always friendly and always helpful. I made reservations for the wrong room this time. I needed a pull out bed for my 6 foot tall son. No problem! They changed me to the correct room with no extra cost or hassle. We love the sky lighted area for hanging out and eating breakfast, too. The room is clean, breakfast and coffee nice, location great, price good and service outstanding. Why go anywhere else?

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Prince George, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We spent two nights at this property and were rewarded with friendly, professional staff who had a good knowledge of the area and were able to make some solid recommendations for food and sightseeing.

I'd definitely stay there again - there was plenty of ground level parking and we found the room spacious and inviting. That the A/C worked very-well was an added bonus as it was well over 100F during our stay. It was everything that we could have asked for ...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
North America
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

A nice 'old building' with an atrium roof. Not too many rooms which make the whole place pleasant, and quiet Clean and comfortable room.

Walking distance to bars, (the historical 'Simon' just across the street) restaurants and coffee houses. The capitol building/park about 5 minutes away. Perfect location to walk around downtown Sacramento.

Room Tip: Back rooms are very quiet
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
PCGeneralManager, Front Office Manager at Inn off Capitol Park, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
MonteCristo19,

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our property, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Sacramento!
Patrick Phillips
Carson City, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Took my husband on a surprise trip to Old Town Sacramento for his birthday. Stayed here at the recommendation of a friend. This three-story boutique hotel was easily accessible, even with all the one-way streets in downtown Sac. The staff was very professional, friendly, helpful, and went out of their way to accommodate us. With a construction project going on across the street, the front desk clerk offered to put us in a room on the opposite side of the hotel, assuring us it would be quiet. And it was. She even upgraded us to a suite upon our arrival. The room was modern, clean, and nicely decorated. The bed was very comfortable and, although I had heard people in the hallway prior to turning in, we spent a quiet and undisturbed night. The continental breakfast offered on the second-floor atrium is very nice and my husband helped himself to coffee and orange juice even though we planned to eat breakfast at a nearby restaurant. The location of this hotel is within walking distance of lots of restaurants and shops and the State Capitol grounds, which are lovely. The day clerk allowed us to leave our car parked in the covered parking area while we explored downtown, even though we had checked out of our room. We definitely want to visit this charming hotel in this lovely part of Sacramento again.

Room Tip: I think a third-floor room would always be preferable.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Kathleen K,

Thank you so much for your great review! We are so glad that we could provide a pleasant stay for your weekend getaway! We all look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Sacramento!
Patrick Phillips
Berkeley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Colleagues and I recently stayed here when in town for an annual conference at the Convention Center, and we were all very pleasantly surprised at our overall stay. We normally stay a little closer to the CC, at the Hyatt or the Sheraton, but tried this hotel is just a block off the east side of Capitol Park this year. We were delighted to find it an easy (and pleasant) 10-minute walk to the Convention Center, and it offers both free parking, and a free continental breakfast with lots of options (yogurt, cereals, oatmeal, pastries, fruit, juice, coffee).
All the rooms were clean, quiet, had a small refrigerator, and while not "spacious", certainly not crowded-feeling, either. Because the rooms all open into an indoor courtyard/atrium, which some folks found comforting and secure.
Best of all was the hotel staff. All were cheerful, friendly - and helpful! Not familiar with the area, we needed to choose restaurants for two evenings, and they were so helpful in orienting distances, types of cuisine, and value! We all agreed that The Inn Off Capitol Park will be our #1 choice for future Sacramento conventions!

Room Tip: Insist on the top floor (3), as the 2nd floor is centered around the common area which includes the...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Been to Inn off Capitol Park? Share your experiences!