“Nice and quaint” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 85 hotels in Sacramento
Eastvale, CA
“Nice and quaint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is a nice little full service hotel within safe walking distance of downtown Sacramento and the Capitol. They offer a free breakfast, newspaper and computer / printer access and even had an iPhone charger to borrow since I forgot mine.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Redding, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

What a great surprise-! We travel to Sacramento a couple times a year for concerts and this was the perfect location. We usually stay at the Best Western but were on a budget this trip so I searched and searched for a deal. Little did I know I'd found a gem! Walking distance to Ace of Spades or a $5 cab fare. Nice room. Bath & Body Works products. Free parking. Good linens and soft pillows. Air conditioning worked great on this hot 111* day-! Free breakfast was a bonus. At all the hotel sites I checked on, I got a better rate booking with the hotel directly. Pre-payed for the room and got a $20 discount. Friendly staff. We will be staying here again-!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
PCGeneralManager, Manager at Inn off Capitol Park, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Ladykeepsmiling,

Newbury Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was a nice hotel to stay at as we were doing a road trip from Seattle down to San Diego. I liked the decor and the rooms were clean. It's in a quiet area which is nice, we were able to get a lot of rest before we got back on the road. I would recommend this hotel as it is in a great location.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bedfordshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

You get what you pay for. As our stay in Sacramento was a mere overnight stopover on our way to Yosemite, we hadn’t splashed out a great deal on a hotel room, and it showed – the room was small and pretty run-down, not somewhere we wanted to spend a lot of time. However, it was clean and it did for us. The rooms are laid-out motel-style, opening out onto a large central area where the breakfast included in the room rate is served. We managed to find a parking space in the limited space available, but you have to be quick.

Not a great place to stay, but for what we needed it for, it was okay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Wonderful place, quiet, well-appointed rooms, safe. It is difficult to find these qualities downtown Sacramento but this place delivers time and time again. The price is reasonable but the rooms are cozy, clean and have very comfortable beds.

Room Tip: Choose the top floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear KikiHancock,

Morgantown, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

I was very impressed at all the Inn on Capitol Park offered. The room was quiet and very well appointed with quality amenities and fresh flowers. Steps away from the beautiful Capitol Park and good restaurants. Thoughtful touches such as wine glasses, corkscrew, and bottled water make this property a pleasant place. Free parking and Internet make this a Far better value then other downtown hotels. Thank you for a fabulous stay while on government business.

• Stayed May 2013
PCGeneralManager, Front Office Manager at Inn off Capitol Park, responded to this review, May 10, 2013

Mountain View, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Due to a scheduled 6-month meeting in Sacramento, I booked my stay at this hotel for 4 consecutive months, January being the 3rd month. I was booked for Wed. - Frid. in Jan. I did not arrive till 7:30AM the following day due to family emergency. Patrick, staff at the front desk, with no apologies at first, said my booking had been cancelled the night I missed to check in. He was NOT apologetic, very rude when I was explaining why my booking should NOT be cancelled, and was NOT moved nor showed respect when I said that the least they could do was to call before they cancel. I found out later in their email that my booking is guaranteed till 7 AM the following day! This is the WORST hotel booking I had ever experienced! I am glad Heather of Hotel Med Park was there to book me in that hotel! A VERY POOR way to handle a client's booking! Patrick needs re-training on how to manage cases such as mine!

Room Tip: Do NOT choose this hotel. It stinks!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
PCGeneralManager, Director of Sales at Inn off Capitol Park, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to express your feelings regarding the situation with this reservation mis-hap.
First, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience it caused during your trip. The frustration of a no-show or any unexpected change in a guest reservation is shared by the staff as well as the guest.
Choice Hotels does have a policy to "hold" a room until 7am for the arrival of a guest, and then it is automatically released for general sale to the public. The staff has no direct control over the release of the room (all rights reserved) unless they are specifically made aware of the situation and manually adjust the reservation dates. Unfortunately this was a very busy week and as soon as the system released it, the room was reserved.
I want to let you know that both Patrick & I are disappointed that you were unable to stay at the Inn Off Capitol Park. We are not sure exactly how the miscommunication happened but the outcome was an unhappy guest and the team at IOCP works very hard to keep smiles on faces.
Please contact the hotel to receive a gift certificate for a free stay on us, as we would like to gain your confidence back in the hotel.
We hope to hear from you soon, and again thank you for reaching out to us.

Been to Inn off Capitol Park? Share your experiences!