“Hidden Gem” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
CA
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Wonderful place, quiet, well-appointed rooms, safe. It is difficult to find these qualities downtown Sacramento but this place delivers time and time again. The price is reasonable but the rooms are cozy, clean and have very comfortable beds.

Room Tip: Choose the top floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
PCGeneralManager, Manager at Inn off Capitol Park, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear KikiHancock,

916.447.8100

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Morgantown, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

I was very impressed at all the Inn on Capitol Park offered. The room was quiet and very well appointed with quality amenities and fresh flowers. Steps away from the beautiful Capitol Park and good restaurants. Thoughtful touches such as wine glasses, corkscrew, and bottled water make this property a pleasant place. Free parking and Internet make this a Far better value then other downtown hotels. Thank you for a fabulous stay while on government business.

• Stayed May 2013
PCGeneralManager, Front Office Manager at Inn off Capitol Park, responded to this review, May 10, 2013

Mountain View, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Due to a scheduled 6-month meeting in Sacramento, I booked my stay at this hotel for 4 consecutive months, January being the 3rd month. I was booked for Wed. - Frid. in Jan. I did not arrive till 7:30AM the following day due to family emergency. Patrick, staff at the front desk, with no apologies at first, said my booking had been cancelled the night I missed to check in. He was NOT apologetic, very rude when I was explaining why my booking should NOT be cancelled, and was NOT moved nor showed respect when I said that the least they could do was to call before they cancel. I found out later in their email that my booking is guaranteed till 7 AM the following day! This is the WORST hotel booking I had ever experienced! I am glad Heather of Hotel Med Park was there to book me in that hotel! A VERY POOR way to handle a client's booking! Patrick needs re-training on how to manage cases such as mine!

Room Tip: Do NOT choose this hotel. It stinks!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
PCGeneralManager, Director of Sales at Inn off Capitol Park, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to express your feelings regarding the situation with this reservation mis-hap.
First, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience it caused during your trip. The frustration of a no-show or any unexpected change in a guest reservation is shared by the staff as well as the guest.
Choice Hotels does have a policy to "hold" a room until 7am for the arrival of a guest, and then it is automatically released for general sale to the public. The staff has no direct control over the release of the room (all rights reserved) unless they are specifically made aware of the situation and manually adjust the reservation dates. Unfortunately this was a very busy week and as soon as the system released it, the room was reserved.
I want to let you know that both Patrick & I are disappointed that you were unable to stay at the Inn Off Capitol Park. We are not sure exactly how the miscommunication happened but the outcome was an unhappy guest and the team at IOCP works very hard to keep smiles on faces.
Please contact the hotel to receive a gift certificate for a free stay on us, as we would like to gain your confidence back in the hotel.
We hope to hear from you soon, and again thank you for reaching out to us.
Santee, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Inn off Capitol Park during Christmas week while visiting family. The location is ideal for walking everywhere....restaurants, pubs, sighseeing and shopping. Our room was clean and well appointed, although on the small size, but that was alright because we were only there to sleep and shower. The bed was really comfortable with wonderful cotton linens, extra blankets and pillows were in the closet but not needed. Fresh flowers were on the desk, a nice touch for Christmas. It looked like the room had been very recently refurbished; new drapes, fresh paint, new lights and bathroom fixtures. The staff was very friendly and helpful and always available. Breakfast was the only thing lacking, although they did have good coffee, not the usual watery stuff that many hotels have. I think my favorite thing was that there were two windows in the bathroom and vanity area and you could actually get fresh air! What a great concept! Hotels never have enough fresh air. Parking is limited, but since we were there at an off week this wasn't a problem, and it is underneath the building which was a bonus because it rained the entire week . We are planning on staying at the Inn on our next visit to Sacramento.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
PCGeneralManager, Front Office Manager at Inn off Capitol Park, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Carrie,

Just Outside Nashvegas, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

The hubby and I arrived for our one night stay and I was impressed immediately with the curb appeal. Once inside the small lobby, the front desk attendant was super friendly and helpful. We found our room and everything seemed to go down from there. We had a king room on the 2nd floor and it was very tiny. We hardly had room to move once our luggage was in there. The bed was comfortable though. For 110+ a night I was expecting more room but I guess you are paying for the convenicence of being so close to the CA state captial. I was not staying there for that reason so I thought the price was a bit high for what we got.
The breakfast is a joke compared to other Choice Hotels we have stayed at in the past. Bascially it is just coffee, tea, bagels and cereal. Again, I was not staying here for the breakfast so it didnt bother me too much but dont expect too much substance.
There is not a good room in this place. Either you are near the slamming doors or near to open corridor where the breakfast is served. The walls are super thin in this older property. I know because DH and I were awoken numerous times by people talking and slamming doors. This is not the hotels fault for rude people talking obnoxiouslly loud at 2:30am but be aware of the thin walls. Probably not a good idea for people traveling with children.
I was staying here to gain points for my choice rewards program but I can say that this is a step below what a normal Choice Hotel repesents and I could not recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Dont Stay near the doors that go out to the bottom floor parking garage. Other guest tend to not be...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
PCGeneralManager, General Manager at Inn off Capitol Park, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. Please accept our apologies for the issues you encounter in our hotel. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention so we may correct it as well as to improve where is needed for the satisfaction of our guest.

I sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to serve you, please contact me directly in your next trip to Sacramento.

Sebastopol, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We were celebrating a family occasion in midtown Sac & didn't want to drink & drive, so we opted to stay here because it was within walking distance. What a pleasant surprise. Maxwell at the front desk was very friendly, the room was clean, the bed comfy, and no street noise. We didn't hear any noise from the atrium where the breakfast was located. The breakfast was not hot, but it was more than sufficient with fresh fruit, pastry, bagels w/cream cheese, cereal, coffee, juices, etc. The location was convenient & safe. Free covered parking was a plus.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
PCGeneralManager, Manager at Inn off Capitol Park, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your review. We are very excited to hear from all of our guests, we are very happy to hear you had a great experience at out hotel, that you enjoyed our continental breakfast and our free parking.

Hope to serve you in the near future.

Kensington, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

The room was small, but the bed was very comfortable. No PBS on TV, but Fox was available--politics of the owners? The only problem was that rooms faced an enclosed interior space where a continental breakfast (so-so) was served in the morning. This meant you had no choice but to listen to conversations of early risers, which were amplified by the enclosed space; don't expect to sleep in. Located six blocks from the front entrance of the Convention Center. I would stay here again if Ineeded to be near the Convention Center.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
PCGeneralManager, General Manager at Inn off Capitol Park, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank You for your review about your experience at The Inn Off Capitol Park Hotel. I'm glad to hear you took advantage of our location. I apologize about hot having the PBS channel available during your stay, I do want to inform you that we are in the process of adding additional channels to our programming and PBS is one of the additions as well as upgrading our continental breakfast.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Maria Lara

Been to Inn off Capitol Park? Share your experiences!