“Stopping through” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Stopping through”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed here one night as a half way point on our drive to Oregon. The location right behind UC Davis Hospital. The lobby area was very clean and modern and the staff were ready to help me upon arrival. The room is spacious for being a standard size. I would stay here again.

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Berkeley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

This hotel is very nice. It's well appointed and cozy, a small but manageable size to navigate. It's obviously ideal if you are visiting UC Davis Medical Center; aside from that it is not within walking distance to local attractions but Sacramento is small enough that you can get to the major sites (capitol, Sutter's Fort, Old Town Sac, American River, etc) from here pretty easily.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Stayed in one of the renovated rooms and it was very well done. One of the lights was tough to turn off b/c I couldn't find the switch, but that could have been the Indian, not the arrow. If you can get a decent price here, choose this over the other hotels in Sacramento.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Burlington, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

We have stayed here before as it is well located for a study our son is in at the MIND. We did get to stay in one of the very recently renovated rooms. What can I say? My first impression when we walked in the room was entering a cold cell. Grey walls, laminate furniture, no personality and a lack of warmth. I felt physically cold being in it. I know its probably trendy, and some features - like the TV area with the shelf were good. But other ideas are frankly - bizarre. The odd shaped closet with neither a shelf, nor rod. I've never understood why a room that can sleep four people only has one place to put a single suitcase - why not extend the desk across the wall so suitcases can be put on it (as there are not any drawers) or perhaps a bench or ottoman? Maybe an extra suitcase rack? The bathroom was fine - with the only negative being the basket-like shelves which can't hold a small shampoo bottle, better suited for larger shampoo bottles which you usually don't have on a trip. It was clean. Another new feature is the gated parking lot. It was annoying when the ticket you were given to get out wouldn't open the gate, and worse the ticket was only paper and not a plastic card. Then try remember to bring the ticket with you or keep it in the car where it won't get lost. Going in the lot is pretty tight and you'll find you may hit the curb making the left. I'm sure there were good reasons to gate it but it is annoying. Don't bring a large vehicle - spaces are tight. The pool area did have some nice furniture and does offer a pleasant place to hang out. For our stay which we did not pay for, it was fine. Would I stay here for a pleasure travel? I'd check out what else there is to offer in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Aaron S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sacramento Midtown, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I appreciate the comments and will share them with our team. We want all of our guests to enjoy their stay with us and feedback from our guests helps us to make improvements to our service and property. I also appreciate the compliments regarding the pool area and the cleanliness of the Hotel. Thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard Sacramento Midtown.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Our room was spacious, clean, quiet and comfortable with king-sized bed and faultless control of room temperature. Appointments were high quality. Bathroom and shower exceeded expectations. Front desk staff was welcoming and helpful. Parking in the hotel lot cost $8 daily. The hospital complex was not our destination, but the hotel could not be more convenient for anyone visiting the hospitals. Because of remodeling, guests were warned that water in rooms could be interrupted -- and it was. At 10:30 a.m. on a Saturday. Very poor timing. Most disappointing was the lobby walk-up counter 'restaurant,' called the Bistro. The food was overpriced and unappetizing; service was inconsistent. No alternative restaurants were within walking distance.

Room Tip: Our room was near the elevator, but noise was no problem.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Aaron S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sacramento Midtown, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I appreciate the compliments regarding our guestroom and our Front Desk staff. I apologize for the inconvenience of the water interruption - our renovation is expected to be finished later in May 2014 and we certainly do not expect more challenges with the water once it is completed. I am also sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our Bistro - we expect all of our food and service to be excellent at all times. I have shared your comments with our management team for review and future action. Thank you for staying with us and I hope that you will visit us again the next time you are in Sacramento.
Medford, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

This hotel is desperately in need of updating...and I understand they are in the process of doing that. It can't come too soon to this hotel. I have stayed in a good number of CY hotels and the room we stayed in was at best early nursing home. Mysterious dark stains on the carpet, while the room was clean, it still smelled. Good location but the Marriott updating machine can't arrive at this hotel too soon. Until it is updated, I would pass.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Aaron S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sacramento Midtown, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Sacramento Midtown. As you mentioned in your review, we are currently undergoing a full renovation of all of our guestrooms. Our first set of newly remodeled rooms was just completed and we are really excited about them. Our renovation work continues - we hope to be completely finished in late April or early May 2014. I hope that you will come back and visit us again and experience the new rooms for yourself! I am confident that the new rooms will meet or exceed your expectations.

Thank you again for staying with us and sharing your feedback.
Gardnerville, Nevada, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I have stayed here many times due to its closeness to the hospital and not having to pay for parking. So I was very surprised when they now charge for parking and had raised the price for those of us having family members in the hospital. The bed was not very comfortable and room outdated and smelly for the price you are paying for this hotel. Makes me sad, I use to be very comfortable in this hotel and this time was very disappointed. The staff as always extremely courteous and helpful, always a good experience. I am staying again for a week this next week and I am going to find another hotel to stay at that is not as expensive and will serve breakfast. I never minded paying the extra because of the convenience to hospital, now cannot justify it since you now are paying for parking at the hotel and raising their prices.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Aaron S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sacramento Midtown, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our property. Regarding the comments that you shared about our guestrooms, I wanted to share that our property is currently undergoing a full renovation of all guestrooms and hallways. We expect the first of our new rooms to be available in just a few days and for the full renovation to be completed in late April or early May. I am confident that you will be pleased with the newly designed rooms once they become available. If you have a chance to contact me directly, I would be very pleased to discuss your other comments (I can be reached at 916-455-6800). Thank you again for taking the time to write a review - I hope that you will give us another try and experience our new rooms.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Sacramento Midtown? Share your experiences!