“Pretty Satisfied!” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #24 of 85 hotels in Sacramento
“Pretty Satisfied!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Me & my two friends chose this hotel because of an event that was near by.
As we got there, there was a small problem.
Our reservation was cancelled, and the lady at the front desk was desperately trying to get us a room, and she finally did!
Once me & my friends arrived at the rooms, they were spotless and I mean SPOTLESS! The beds were neatly made, and the bathroom looked as if it hadnt been touched. We dropped off our luggage, and went downstairs for breakfast. The lady who took our order was very generous & the other woman that brought our breakfast to the table was really nice as well! Did I mention they have TV's at your table? It's mad I tell you! (Yes, I'm British!) We were amazingly impressed with the service, and the food itself!
There was one more problem, me and my friends were getting ready for the event and the cleaning lady walked right in. My friend was in a towel, and she screamed as she saw the woman walk in. I definitely think they should knock before entering, I mean.. Ever heard of privacy?
Anyways, we checked out the next day without any problems.
If I ever go to California again, I will definitely stay here again!
Massive thank you to everyone there! You made my trip a success! Much love xx

• Stayed February 2012

111 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Hillsboro, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

We have stayed here twice on road trips and both times we were impressed by the attentive staff and quiet relaxing feel of this Courtyard. With the addition of the bistro, it was a perfect stay for us after a very long drive from Palm Desert. The suite room was just what we requested and was clean, quiet, and spacious. The pool was not busy and we enjoyed the hot tub as well. Will stay here again when we are in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

1. I was in Sacremento on buisness, the hotel is across the street from the hospital.
2. I was able to upgrade to the King Size suite which was actually cheaper based on my companys corporate rate, and It had a full size kitchen. Perfect !! I was able to host a taco night and feed 6 people. Richard the maintence guy was also extremely friendly they brought up an extra table and four chairs for my co-workers.
3. Check In was a breeze (maybe I should have said that first) The check in guy John was like a personal assistant to me. He was to tell us where the locals eat several times, send my bags to the room and route me to the nearest grocery store.
4. Breakfast was readily available every morning.
5. Free Internet
6. I was able to watch Bravo and all the housewives!!
7. The beds were soft.
8. Josphine my housekeeper was fantastic. She lined up my fingernail polish neatly just to say the least.
9. Guest services moves very quickly if you need something , there is no wait time.
10. Perfect vacation stay.

Room Tip: Its easy to get around in Sacremento, If you are a traveling family I suggest getting the King Studi...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
KFinerman-GM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sacramento Midtown, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for your nice review of the Courtyard by Marriott Sacramento Midtown! As a new General Manager, we are working to have every guest enjoy their stay as you did. Our new Lobby features a Bistro with food service for breakfast, lunch and dinner and a full bar. We have studio suites with kitchens-especially helpful for guests staying with us for multiple nights. Our location at the UCDavis Medical Center Campus and Shriner's Hospital is also very convenient to downtown Sacramento and points East on Highway 50-Sac State, Rancho Cordova. Our front desk staff has local information available and we will soon have a map of locally recommended restaurants in the surrounding area-Sacramento has many different meetings. Complimentary Internet, a Business Center and a Boarding Pass printing area allow guests to stay connected while staying here. Our guests also like the Paul Mitchell products we now feature in our guest rooms-shampoo, conditioner and body wash. Thanks again for your comments! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Courtyard Sacramento Midtown!
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

This property was in a nice location near most attractions in Sacramento.
The pool was especially nice during a summer visit to Sacramento. This hotel is a nice choice for families. The lobby is very big and was excellent when family came to visit us at the hotel. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were clean.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Elizabeth G, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sacramento Midtown, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Thank you for giving us such a great review on TripAdvisor!
We are pleased that you enjoyed our newly renovated lobby, our impressive staff and our outdoor pool, which comes in handy this time of the year. We take great pride in giving our guests great service and I look forward to sharing your comments with our staff.

Thank you again for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is walking distance to uc davis medical center and there is free parking. The rooms are standard courtyard marriott rooms. The staff was very friendly helpful and warm. The pool and hot tub were very nice and very well-maintained.

• Stayed June 2012
, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sacramento Midtown, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thank you for giving us such a great review on TripAdvisor!
Our goal is for our guests to checkout having had a positive experience.
So I am pleased that you found our location to be convenient and that the staff was accommodating. Our entire staff takes great pride in exceeding guests' expectations and I will be sure to share your comments with them.

Thank you again for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again.

Sonora, Ca.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

You stay here because you have a dear friend/loved one undergoing medical treatment and
confined to the Hospital for a period of time. The property is the closest and nicest acceptable
lodging to the U.C. Davis Med. Ctr....avery walk able (short 2 blocks) to the mail facility front door. This location lets you come and go with ease several times a day to see the patient and
your car stays right in the Free hotel parking lot. The lobby is most inviting (a touch of 'W' hotel ambiance) with the Bistro serving food & beverages (morning to evening). The Bistro setting
is very comfortable with an aura of fresh & new. They offer creative meal selections and a full bar.The staff is friendly and attentive. Rooms are typical for this level of facility, adequate in
size and amenities with the only shortcoming being the adjoining room doors (mid-wall) which,
as we know, adversly affect the noise attenuation; in short, I could hear the guy next door on the phone. When you are concerned about and ill friend or family member, you don't need and hassels at a hotel....they seem to know that and there were none. Rates are reasonable and a discount given if the Med. Center is involved.

Room Tip: There are 2 rooms per floor without adjoining doors..ask to get one.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Elizabeth G, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sacramento Midtown, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Sacramento Midtown and for giving us such a great review on TripAdvisor! We appreciate your comments regarding our newly renovated lobby, our on site Bistro and our impressive front desk service. We accommodate a lot of guests that are out here to visit someone over at UC Davis, such as yourself. So we understand how important it is for you to have a comfortable and quiet room as well as attentive staff. I am very pleased to hear that our staff was very welcoming and accommodating to you through out your stay. Our entire staff takes great pride in exceeding guests' expectations and I will be sure to share your comments with them.

Next time you stay with us we will be sure to put you a quieter room that does not adjoin to another room.

Thank you again for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon, the next time you're in the Sacramento area.

Mt. Pleasant, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel with my special needs son many times this year because he has had appointments at UC Davis, and I always feel very welcome. The staff remembers me and always asks about my son, which means a lot to me. They go above and beyond to help. The restaurant has been under construction, but it hasn't disrupted things very much, except that there are a couple of parking spaces in the back that are taken up by dumpsters, but other than that you wouldn't know that anything is going on. The food is still available and the tables inside the lobby are never all taken. The guest rooms are always very clean and comfortable, and my personal favorite is the iPod dock on the alarm clocks. That frees up my iPhone charger so that I can use it for the iPad instead. There are large flat screen tvs in each room, and unlike a lot of places there is a wide variety of programming available. I come to the hotel each time knowing that everything will be just the way I need it to be for my son, and that is really important to me.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest:

Thank you for being a loyal guest at the Courtyard by Marriott Sacramento Midtown and for giving us such a great review on TripAdvisor! We appreciate your comments regarding our clean rooms, our on site Bistro and our impressive front desk staff.
Our entire staff takes great pride in recognizing return guests and exceeding guests' expectations. I am very pleased with the level of service that you consistently receive when you stay here and I am happy to be able to share your comments with the staff.

Also, I am happy to tell you that the dumpsters are gone and all of the amenities that you love are still here!

Thank you again for being a loyal guest and for taking the time to share your feedback. It is our goal to continue to provide you with the excellent service, that you have come to expect from us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Elizabeth Gunther

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Sacramento Midtown? Share your experiences!