“next to UC Davis Med Center” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #31 of 85 hotels in Sacramento
Reno, Nevada
“next to UC Davis Med Center”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2007

Went to a class for a nursing certification at this hotel. It was small, but had everything I needed. No other hotel was in the area though, so I didn't have a choice. Nice quick check-in and large room w/fridge and sitting area. Great bed and pillows. Spacious business rm with 2 computers. Small work-out room. There is a small restaurant/bar that is very plain, but serves very good food. Swimming pool: cold!! jacuzzi-nice, but more like a warm bath. Quiet area. Not too far (& easy to get to) from the capitol building and Old Town Sacramento & river.

• Liked — quiet, free parking, clean
  • Disliked — cold pool
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

102 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2007

I was a patient at UC Davis Medical Center and was excitied to stay at Courtyard by Marriot for the name and I had the expectation of a lovely night at the well-known hotel, however i was in for a terribly disappointing experience that has not been outdone to date. My husband and I travel extensively so we are used to staying in all sorts of accomidations. Since Courtyard by Marriot is on the campus of UC Davis and my mother and brother were accompanying us, I thought we would all be very comfortable there, WRONG! We arrived from the airport and the check-in went uneventfully, later that night we got snuggled in our beds and the the SHOW began. Evidentally, a cheerleading group had checked into a block of rooms on all sides and above us. The hotel started rocking and rolling by 9pm the kids apparently unattended by adults. Above us you could here intense pounding and laughing and screaming, at one point I felt that a large piece of furnature had been overturned on the ceiling above us (it sounded like it was coming through the ceiling!) The extreme pounding, noise, laughing, furnature being broken, crashing sounds and partying went on until 4 am. My Mother and I both called security 2 times during the night and they acted indifferent to our plea's to quiet the parting going on throught out the hotel. They did absolutly nothing to stop the screaming, throwing heavy objects on the floor above us and Jerry Springer like partying. It was absolutly horrible. I can say that in 50 years I have NEVER spent such a revolting night in my life. By 5 am we finally drifted off to sleep after the incorigable kids went to sleep. The front dest was fully aware of the intense problem upstairs but did nothing to stop the unbelievable free-for-all all-nighter. The next morning in the restaurant downstairs, my family sat down (blurry eyed) for a quick breakfast before I had to start the days testing before my operation and the Cheerleaders filed into the restaurant and sat at a table next to ours. One of the girls were rocking on the booth seat, back and forth until the seat un-bolted from the wall and turned over on her. They knocked the entire table over all of the drink and dishes flying all over the floor,and the wait-staff all ran over. She attempted to intimate she was going to sue the hotel because the bench seat was faulty. My whole family was in an outrage at the behavour of these horrible teens and the adults that were supposed to be attending them. This entire stay was like an episode of the Jerry Springer show, or at least that's what it felt like. I couldn't wait to get my bags packed and get out of there! When my family was checking out we brought it (again) to the attention to the front dest personel. They were extremely indifferent to our complaints and basically couldn't care less. when we were exiting the hotel we noticed that there was another large group checking in. Maybe for another night of debauchery? I was just thanking my lucky stars I wasn't going to be staying another night at the Courtyard by Marriot. Later, I recieved a questionairre in the mail wanting me to rate my stay at the hotel. I explained what happened and expected to hear from the management of the hotel with at least an appoligy, but no.... nothing what so ever. I have never been so disgusted with a hotel stay, I was glad to be admitted into the hospital and have major surgery, my sleep was better in the hospital, if you can imagine that?

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the unbelievable noise
  • Stayed February 2005, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2007

We visited this hotel during a site inspection sponsored by our travel agency. The hotel is sucked away on a quiet side street near the UC Davis Medical Center. Though it is close to several major area hospitals, the location proved very quiet. The lobby of this hotel is beautiful. Modern sitting area and a welcoming check-in staff.

This hotel features a full service restaurant, bar and premium coffee shop which was bustling with business from hotel guests and local hospital staff. Each meeting room was well decorated and many feature large windows. The swimming pool is well kept as is the large patio dinning area nestled between the swimming pool and main building.

Rooms were large and inviting. Many rooms feature a large door to accommodate a wheel chair. All rooms have a 25” television with premium channels and movies as well as other features one would expect from a Courtyard property including; in-room coffee maker, iron with will size ironing board and hair dryer. The extended stay suites offer a large work desk, ergonomic chair, personalized voicemail and kitchen appliances.

This hotel is located near highway 50 and a short drive (three miles) from downtown Sacramento. Hotel is in a safe location and is well equipped for the business traveler as well as any leisure travel.

• Liked — The extended amenities
  • Disliked — Nothing, this hotel is fabulous!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2007

We were on a 2 week road trip with small children and stayed here for 2 nights. This is a great hotel, nice lobby, pool. The location was the reason that I choose it, not in downtown but close enough to all of the sight seeing that we were going to do in downtown. They have on site laundry room and provide you with the soap to wash. The breakfast that you can have included with your room in their resturant is very good, worth the couple of extra dollars. In the 2 weeks that we were on the trip this place had the second best beds, very comfortable. We would stay here again.

• Liked — Overall nice place
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Any local starbucks
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2007

Normally I never have problems with Marriotts... but not this one. I should have had a clue when they gave me room 313... After I hit all 4 floors for ice, I went to front desk and they advised they were all broken. sent me to the restaurant (thru the bar and their were many black tie folks.. me in my shorts and t-shirt...not a pretty moment. Took a long shower (GREAT shower), but then the knobs broke and couldn't turn off the water. Called front desk and she said she would come up. Waited 40 minutes (now 12:40 am) went down.. she forgot about me. Came up, but couldnt fix either.. changed rooms at 1am. (note. was glad. room 313 overlooks the air conditioning unit and the dumpsters..which were very busy that evening. OK. that was my 1st night.
info:
Lovely rooms. Always like the rooms. No balcony's. they are redecorating. Very nice. Felt very safe there.
Food from the bistro VERY good. room service ends at 8 on weekdays, 10 pm sat. They don't give you a tray with the food. Try the Phylo wrapped brie. In lobby they have microwave and frozen food. Nice little bar.
Starbucks on site, but closes in the afternoon. Another starbucks north on Stockon not far.
Friendly staff. hotel located right next to UC Davis hospital, but was pretty quite. few helicopters) and mixed business/residential. A bit confusing to get to from the freeway.
Ask for room overlooking the pool. DONT GET A ROOM WITH A WESTERN VIEW (dumpsters/air cond) Easy parking. Some of the towels appeard very old. Didn't seem like there were any 'easy' access restaurants or stores nearby.

Stayed May 2007
Denver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2007

I've stayed at numerous Courtyard Marriott's and this one definitely was the worst. The hotel lobby area was fine and had a great place to eat breakfast and a little area to hook up to the internet. However, the room wasn't up to par. There was hair in the sink and around the sink area. The carpet was really worn and there were pieces of wood broken off of the inside of the door. The TV reception wasn't very good and the heater stank really bad when it was turned on. The carpets outside of the rooms in the hallway were dirty as well. The pillows were very comfortable; however, that was about the only good thing inside of the room. I would definitely not stay here again and would recommend checking out the full service Marriott up closer to Rancho Cordova.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2006

We stayed here because my son was being seen by a doctor at the MIND Institute and my other son became ill so we were not able to stay at Ronald McDonald House.

The room was nice, clean and comfortable but there were a few minor problems. The toilet did not flush properly without holding down the handle, the shower was very sluggish and took a bit of playing with to get the 'right' temperature. and the in room coffee maker only made warm coffee.

Hotel was very accomodating in letting us have a late check-out time (with added cost of course).

• Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Sacramento Midtown? Share your experiences!