“Vegan” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Sacramento, California, USA
“Vegan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

We ate an early dinner here. I enjoyed the Alu Mutter -vegan potatoes and peas- in a medium hot sauce. Very tasty. The chapatis were warm. The server explained our questions on the different foods. My wife had chicken tiki cooked over vegetables with 3 sauces on the side. Tamarind, mint and cilantro, and spicy pickled (?) onions. All added special favors. Potato and cauliflower naan complimented the meal. The menu is very large and looked appetizing.

Visited February 2014

“Tasty rack of lamb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

When entering the restaurant be prepared to be bombarded by the spiced aroma coming from the kitchen. The decor and ambiance was nice. There was a Bollywood playing on the tv at the bar. With the variety of choices to chose from the menu I ordered the waitress recommended rack of lamb. Which was excellent.

SF Bay Area
“Very good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The food was very good and service was good too. We ordered garlic naan, paneer tikka masala, mixed vegetables, tadka daal and rice -they were all excellent.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ayr
“Authentic Indian Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Authentic Indian food seems to be as hard to find in Sacramento as it is back in the UK so I was pleasantly surprised to see the great selection on offer. I always find Indian cuisine great value for money as many of the dishes are labour intensive eg numerous spices that have to be roasted and ground to make just one component of a dish eg garam masala.
I chose the Vindaloo curry it was delicious but it could have been even spicier. My daughter chose the Tandoori chicken and Lamb Biryani both were excellent.My only regret was in my drink selection---a Mojito(what was I thinking) it was the strangest tasting Mojito----a much better pairing with my Vindaloo would have been an Indian beer such as Cobra, Kingfisher, Kalyani Black Label. As a previous reviwer stated I did find it a little noisy maybe because the tables seemed to be very close to each other so it was hard to ignore other conversations.
The restaurant parking is on the street and it is metered up until 6pm so it is a good idea to carry plenty of change ie quarters.. All in all great Indian cuisine with not a mention of the dreaded "chips with curry sauce" on the menu--anyone who has visited the UK will understand this reference. :)

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sacramento
“Best Indian I have found in Sacramento area.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

I have been searching for a good Indian restaurant in the Sacramento area. The one in our city closed. We now drive 35 miles to eat there. Have been there several times and each time the food was great. I like it spicy but most US Indian restaurant scale it back. I travel to London occasionally and I would say its as good as many there.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere