“21days, two at a time” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #57 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Sacramento, California
“21days, two at a time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Went from the Sheraton Grand to here due to a delayed travel plan and economics. The place was very clean, comfortable (100 degree days) air conditioning great. Location convenient to downtown, plenty of places to eat and a local market within walking distance. Not your average motel/Inn. Breakfast too every morning. Great Value. Had I known this prior to th he Sheraton, I would have came here first. - Signed Happy Guest

Room Tip: Ground floor if available, quick easy access.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I booked a room here 4 MONTHS in advance of a conference. Two weeks before the conference, I received an email saying the hotel had been overbooked and my reservation had been cancelled. My reservation was a day shorter than most other conference attendee's, and I'm guessing they cancelled my reservation when they received another for more days. In looking at other reviews on this and other sites, it seems this is not uncommon for this hotel. I'm going to write a letter to the head company - they should not allow their franchisees to do this.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Calgary
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I had a reservation for this hotel in a couple of weeks, and received the following email (yes, it was all in capital letters and they didn't even sign their name at the bottom):

"WE REGRET TO INFORM YOU THAT THE HOTEL HAS EXPERIENCED AN OVERBOOKING FOR YOUR STAY AND WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCOMMODATE YOU"

There was no apology or offer to re-locate or compensate me in any manner. I was intending to stay there for 5 nights during a conference at the Convention Center. All hotels in the vicinity are either already booked or very expensive (~$200 price range).

I already paid for flights and the conference fee, and I am scheduled to be a presenter at the conference; therefore, my trip cannot be cancelled without cost. I am forced to scramble to find alternate, more expensive accommodations.

Hands down the most unprofessional hotel I have ever dealt with.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
city
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I got this through Priceline's name your own price bidding on two stars for three nights at USD 42 plus fees, no refunds. Last year, I won a higher rated two and a half star hotel for less in a slightly better area. We only stayed the first night, my spouse booked a much nicer hotel at more than three times the price with a much better experience than staying here. I learned not to go below two and a half stars from this lesson.

The property is clean, tidy, minimal, old. No ice bucket in the room, asked at reception, ice machine is in their office. Old CRT TV, free complimentary wi-fi, complimentary "breakfast" was almost all unhealthy carbs, consisting of cold cereals, pastries, Folger's coffee, a citrus drink with 1% juice. Bed was comfortable, air conditioning worked. The experience of staying here is dismal and depressing.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

This is a family run place, about 20 minutes to downtown and a short walk from the trolley. My room was clean, spacious and comfortable. Good service from staff. Breakfast is worth a miss even though it is free - there are other options a short walk away. All in all, this is good value and worth considering if you need budget accommodation just a little out of downtown.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

It's a review of my brief contact with hotel stuff, and I have no idea how this hotel

My stay in Sacramento was to begin on June 8, and I booked a room the beginning of March. At the day of the check-in, before arriving in hotel I got a call from an hotel stuff, and was "notified" that this hotel is overbooked (50 rooms booked, 30 rooms only exist). And advise was to move in different hotels, which are located 2 miles away from the down town and price for room there was higher for few tens of $.

All that Americas Best Value Inn Downtown made for me - is a compensation of 20% of difference between prices for ABVI and other hotel. So I have to pay for a room in another hotel 1.5 times more than I planned.

Few my colleagues, who booked a room there, got the same problem, but two of us got a room in ABVI, and they told us that internet didn't work.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Redwood City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

comfortable , clean rooms!! microwave and refrigirator, too!! marble countertops, dish network on tv and great water pressure in shower! cant go wrong!! close to an awesome bbq/nightclub and a short walk to downtown!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Downtown? Share your experiences!