“Great room at a great value!” 4 of 5 stars

Americas Best Value Inn Downtown
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   430 16th Street, Sacramento, CA 95814   |
Ranked #49 of 85 hotels in Sacramento
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Great room at a great value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We got into Sacramento expecting to stay with friends and had to get a motel room last minute. This place is run by a nice family. It is very clean and they were the only place able to accommodate us for under a hundred bucks a night on short notice. I highly recommend this motel. There is no elevator, just FYI. We were on the third floor and the climb on the outside stairway kinda sucked.

• Stayed August 2013
Harry S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn Downtown, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Guest Thank You for choosing to stay at Americas Best Value Inn. It is great knowing u had enjoyed your stay here, that is very pleasing to my staff, and I. I am sorry that the elevator was out of service. It is currently being repaired and does work to move guest Luggage. I understand the importance of the elevator, and will be something that we will have resolved this fall. We look forward to having you any time.

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had a couple of small challenges with our room, but the staff were very quick to fix them, in a very friendly manner. This is not a high class hotel, but it fits simple needs and is nicer than you would expect. Both of our rooms were in very good repair, very clean, attractive, plenty roomy, and once inside your room, you'd be hard-pressed to remember you were in a bargain hotel, while the lobby is homey and the outside is in good repair as well.

We opted for this hotel because the expensive/fancy ones in the area all had just one bed, which was not going to be comfortable for us two sisters and a teen son. They also didn't seem all that particularly special for their over $200 prices. This hotel not only had rooms with two beds, but we were able to afford two rooms. It was a great option for us. It's also the only room I was able to find with a refrigerator and even a microwave. There's a simple breakfast available in the morning, in the lobby. The internet is a little slow but worked consistently.

Get to know the pleasant family who own and run the hotel with pride.

To me, the main difference between this hotel and the Holiday Inn Express just blocks away was that this had fridge and microwave, while the other has a pool, and maybe more attention to minor details, for close to another hundred per night per room,

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Harry S, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Downtown, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thank You for choosing to stay here, i am happy to here you have had a Great experience here. Since your departure we have corrected the Wi-Fi and added access points to fulfill guest business needs. Internet is very important this day and age, and now is available throughout the property. We are am economy hotel but have rooms like other High end hotels in Sacramento, at a lower cost. We look forward to seeing you anytime. Thanks For your Response
Fresno, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

While attending a week- long event at the convention ctr, I stayed at this facility. I was attracted to the free WiFi, free continental brkfst, micro and fridge in my room. The room was exceptionally clean. This facility is older, however new mgrs have really made an effort to upgrade-- paint, landscaping and new furniture with polished granite tops and bathroom sink also has polished granite. Shower had new bowed out curtain rod. Carpet and tile were in very good condition. Lights over my king size bed have wall mounted on/off switch within easy reach of my pillow. Towels were plentiful however I would not call them super plush velour. Shower was hot and the facility was fairly full, so that's a good testament to their plumbing. Brkfst was cereal, packaged pastry, milk, OJ, and a limited fresh fruit choices. Good WiFi access. The neighborhood of houses between the hotel and the Light Rail station (Alkali Flats on 12th/ E) was safe for me to walk at all hours even tho the train station posts a security guard-- the only trouble seems to be AT THE STATION with mentally distressed people. Driving on 16th Street shows some blight with empty lots full of weeds and some businesses with bars on their windows but I had no safety issues with my car in the hotel parking lot nor walking in the area. I had a little bit of extra time during the convention event and found 2 great thrift stores on E Street; plus another one up on D Street! The windows in my room were dual pane and it did not block out traffic noise very well, however the street is one-way and the traffic noise ceases during sleeping hours because its a commuter route. As a mature woman who has traveled on many business trips and stayed at all levels of hotel facilities, I felt the value for my dollar at this facility was good. I would stay here again and would recommend this place to people whose demands are simple: Safety, cleanliness and location.

Room Tip: King bed was comfy, hair dryer worked. No iron or clock radio in room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Fresno, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The room is exceptionally clean, towels are plentiful and basic but not plush. King bed is firm and comfortable for me, not a "pillow-top". Free WiFi works (here I am!) and the fridge/ microwave/ TV work fine. Several little neighborhood stores (smaller than most gas stations) have some basic foods to keep you from starving. This facility is an older building that has been converted into a chain/franchise property and has had many upgrades although stairway is still very narrow and the tiny square handrails are still in use-- newly painted. Traffic noise from street is audible but its a one-way street and not very busy in the evening/ sleeping time. No other hotel patrons are loud. (another friend is staying nearby in a more highly regarded "bargain chain hotel" so she can accrue travel-bonus points for future use, and its right across the street from a bar-- has lotsa noise-- but not this place) A few blocks to walk to the dntn Convention Ctr; neighborhood seems safe at all times even tho it looks a little scary with some blighted buildings nearby. This single businesswoman has had no security problems at this hotel or walking to and from Convention Ctr. 1 block east of Convention Ctr and 1 block north-- there is a bus available and it stops right across the street from this hotel. That bus is worth its weight in gold after long days in meetings and touring the vendor booths and accumulating bags of literature!

Room Tip: Get the younger guy to set up your reservation and do the confirmation via email. The older guy pro...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Harry S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn Downtown, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Thank you for choosing to Stay with us, we look to even better your experience here in the future. My staff is always working hard to fulfill our guest needs year round.
Pinon Hills, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

What a wonderful way to start an adventure. The Marigold Hotel Completed. My room was in a perfect quiet corner on the second floor. The elevator wasn't working - which was a "plus" - for I had an opportunity to meet Vimal - who took all my baggage, graciously escorted me to my clean, comfortable, well-appointed room (loved the deep red striped carpet & flowered bedspread), and assured me that indeed I was at The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (see the movie). I could hardly believe my good fortune to find such a reasonably priced, spotlessly clean room with a nice flat-screen TV, refrigerator, microwave & great bed.....slept like a lamb. Only blocks away from the train station and the rest of my adventure on the Zypher & Lake Shore Limited. Thankyou Vimal and family. I hope to be able to stay with you again some day!

Room Tip: did it help to be a little old lady & get the quiet room in the corner?
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Harry S, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Downtown, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thanks for being our guest at Americas Best Value Inn. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to having you return in the future.
Merced, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

At first glance driving in it is a bit rough and dirty looking. However, the rooms are very clean. They also include a fridge and microwave. I have booked 3 and 4 star hotels that didn't even include a microwave or fridge. The room was clean, the bed was soo comfortable and the staff was so very helpful. I would defiinitely come back here again. The area is pretty rough but I had no problems whatsoever.

Room Tip: There is a really good hamburger place down the street called "Hamburger Patties". Really...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Harry S, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Downtown, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Guest, It was a pleasure to have you stay at our Hotel. I'm glad that you have a had a great experience, and would look forward to having you stay any time. I take providing my guest a safe and clean room seriously, Over the coming months me and my staff are implementing many new policies to provide the best hospitality. Thank You. Vimal Sarang
Brno, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

In general we really enjoyed our stay at this hotel: the breafast was very good, the rooms clean and big, staff was friendly and willing to help, wifi was included, fridge and microwave at the room. However, there were quite a lot homeless people in the area and the hotel is about 15 minutes walk to downtown. If in another location, I would rate "5 stars".

Room Tip: It seemed to me that the wifi signal is week at the third floor, could be better at second or first...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Harry S, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Downtown, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
I am Very glad that you have had wonderful experience at My property. If there is anything i can do extra to have your stay even more positive. Please fel free to call me any time at (916) 444-3670. Thank you.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Downtown? Share your experiences!