“Beautiful hotel, could of had a better breakfast” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Med Park

Save Saved
You added Hotel Med Park to your Saves list
Hotel Med Park
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2356 Stockton Boulevard, Sacramento, CA 95817-2228 (Formerly Med Park Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #28 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Seattle, Washington
“Beautiful hotel, could of had a better breakfast”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Hotel was not too bad, had beautiful rooms and furniture.

HOWEVER, IF YOU WANT TO PARK YOUR CAR BE SURE TO COME EARLY!
Checked in extremely late at night, had only one parking spot left in a corner surrounded by these weird structural columns! It was nearly impossible to get in without thinking I was going to scrape my car. (I already saw several paint scrapings from what looks like previous cars that have been scraped) *Keep in mind, I don't drive a huge car... I drive a small civic.

The night audit that checked us in was friendly... bothered him a few times for multiple things. :) So we thank him for his patience.

Had weird "vending machines" with not too many different choices.

Given we stayed there with my points, so didn't have too many problems. Just wish breakfast was better....

Room Tip: Either rent a small car, come early to park, or don't park at all.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
PCGeneralManager, Front Office Manager at Hotel Med Park, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Hi Jennifer,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property. We value our guests feedback and are taking strides towards providing an improved breakfast selection. We hope you will get a chance to enjoy it next time you're in town!

Our goal is to provide an excellent stay to each and every single one of our guest, so we appreciate when we are given feedback when something is not above your expectations. There are alternative parking options that our staff can guide you to aside from our underground parking, such as nearby street parking or the parking garage located across the street from our hotel.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the decor in our rooms and that our staff was able to assist you with your needs. Let me know if we can be of assistance if you happen to visit the Sacramento area again!

Best,

Jay Marquez
Royal Guest Hotels
916-455-4000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Malibu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

While many stay here when visiting with family or friends at the medical center, the hotel is so centrally located to downtown Sacramento, that it makes it worth finding. I felt as if I were staying in a boutique hotel for the most part. The room was spacious and spotless. Bathroom amenities were very good and included bath salts. There is an in-room refrigerator. Both the manager, Heather, and one of the principal desk personnel, Antonio, went above and beyond to help us with everything. I found the complimentary continental breakfast adequate, but that was about it. I did not eat the muffins, but did have a yoghurt and granola each day.The coffee was good every day but one. (Too weak on one occasion.) Internet is complementary, which remains one of my necessities. The only concern with this place is the parking lot which is tricky to get into and shows abundant evidence of scraped car paint all over the walls. I doubt this is an impossible issue to address, but we never had a problem finding a place to park elsewhere for free.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear LAPlatinum,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property, we greatly appreciate your time and your feedback. I'm glad that you were able to take full advantage of all the amenities we provide for you in our rooms and hotel. I have shared your positive feedback with our staff and they are very thankful for the individual acknowledgement! I do apologize about our tight parking, however, our staff is more than happy to guide you and all of our guest to appropriate places to where you may park.

We look forward to your next stay with us next time you happen to be in town, let us know if we can be of assistance with your future reservations!

Regards,

Jay Marquez
Royal Guest Hotels
916-455-4000
Winston Salem
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Just stayed here for 3 nights w/husband & daughter. We were in town for a wedding & were at a TERRIBLE place for 1 night only. Looked everywhere for another hotel & boy were we glad to find this. It is CLEAN, MODERN, SMELLS GOOD, & we never had a parking problem. We were upgraded to a suite by the lovely front desk person, thank you, thank you. The towels were like brand new, the toiletries were great, there was an electrical outlet like every 4 feet, there were TWO flat screen tvs, 2 super comfy queen beds & a pull out sofa. There is a nice bkfst/lunch place only one minute down the street (Sunshine Cafe) but there is a continental breakfast at the hotel. Try it, you will like it.

Room Tip: You can get a validated parking pass over at a parking deck within walking distance.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Arcata, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stayed here the night before my daughter's surgery. The hotel is located across the street from U.C. Davis Medical Center and Shriner's Children's Hosp. The rooms are very clean and comfortable...some even have a balcony w/chairs. The continental breakfast was fairly good and the front desk staff were very helpful. Our only complaint would be the awful parking situation. The underground garage is tiny, with lots of concrete pillars to negotiate around, which is tricky and possibly dangerous.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the main street (Stockton Blvd.) for a quieter experience. The rooms have w...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Red Bluff, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel for two nights in the past couple of months due to surgeries I've had at U.C. Davis Medical Center. Making a reservation is easy and they have always been available even last minute for me and my family. The first night I stayed in the hotel I was very pleased with the location being right across from the hospital entrance. I was actually able to crutch myself to the entrance to be admitted for surgery. There is not another hotel located this close so I recommend using Best Western if you are having surgery at U.C. Davis early in the morning. I live almost two hours away from the hospital and am under a specialist's care, so I had to stay over night in Sacramento. While going through surgeries and medical problems for the past ten months, I feel Best Western makes you feel very comfortable as you stay away from home. The only complaint I have is the parking structure is across the street and very inconvenient. The first night the parking lot under the hotel was packed, not to mention a very tight squeeze for even my small car to escape out of. There should be a sign saying parking is full if possible to prevent new arrivals from attempting to find a parking spot in the garage. I having crutches, had to park across the street late at night and then crutch back over. Luckily I did not feel that this area is dangerous, but I would have liked to know in advance the parking situation. This does not seem to be something that they can really address, but non the less I enjoyed my stay(s). The furniture is beautiful throughout the lobby and the rooms. There is a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, workout room, ice machine, Internet and a large patio. I would not change anything about the layout/design of the rooms as they are very modern (my preference), but possibly some tissues. I did not experience the free breakfast as I could not eat due to my surgeries. I mostly rested and found no trouble in falling asleep in the comfortable bed. My dad used the computer that was provided in a room I did not visit. The second evening that I stayed there- the staff had fresh baked chocolate chip fudge cookies- mmmmmm! I have to admit, I had a few too many considering I can't do any cardio. The cookies were in the lobby area- easy access and they kept them coming, even the next morning. The staff was courteous but not overly friendly. I think the graveyard staff was understandably tired, but they helped explain where the entrance to the hospital was. I would more than likely stay in the Best Western Inn again,but hopefully not due to medical issues!

Room Tip: There were no noise problems. I did enjoy the glass elevator that you can also see the hospital and...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sonora, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Horrible service. They are short staffed with one person working the front desk. In the middle of being checked in the one person was answering the phone several times and actually helping the people on the phone even though we were there first. Between standing there when we first came in and coming back later it took 1 hour to check in. Crazy! Horrible parking situation! If you have anything bigger then a smart car forget getting (fitting) and making it around the corner down into their parking garage. If you have a SUV they have two spots up top. We were told we could reserve the spot for when we came back by putting their orange cones in the spot only to find out when we came back the shift had changed, the cones had been removed, and someone parked in the spot. The staff person at the front desk argued that it was first come first serve and continued to argue with us. That was NOT what we were told! She offered for us to park two to three blocks away! We have a family of six and parking that far away carrying luggage just is not reasonable. Also, right next door in the shopping center it was observed that the security guard was carrying a gun. Wow! This means they have problems in the area. We checked out before we ever spent the night and will never come back again or recommend the place to anyone. Bad, bad, customer service argueing with customers. Don't stay here find somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
palmcourt2011, Front Office Manager at Hotel Med Park, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear Lynette,
Thank you for your comments. Your opinion is important to me. I would first off like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We do have a very attentive staff that does their best to make each guest feel welcome. We did have a wedding party staying there which would have added to the wait. That is beside the point, I am sorry for your extensive wait for check -in was extensive. Also we did release you from obligation of the room when you expressed discontent.
As to your comments about the parking, our garage is “first come first serve”. But, we do offer alternative parking options. I am sorry our Front Desk staff should have offered more assistance in explaining all parking options and instructions. I have since trained our staff on relaying all parking information effectively to our guests. We are in the works for obtaining more parking to further accommodate our guests. I am not sure which shopping center is being referenced but, we are located in a pleasant area across from the UC Davis Med Center nestled between the East and Downtown Sacramento (both of which are “nice” areas).
Hope you will give us a chance again to create a more enjoyable stay for you!
For further assistance you may contact me at 916-455-4000.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

I wish this hotel was close by the water, because it was absolutely great otherwise, add water and it would be heaven.! Our only fault was with the food delivery service which was appalling, we went to another local service which turned out great!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear KootenayCountryInn,
Thank you, for your response. Although we are not on the water the Sacramento River is 7 miles away or 13minutes from our location.

Glad you had a pleasant stay and hope you will stay with us again soon!

Kelly Jonasen

Been to Hotel Med Park? Share your experiences!