“Back up hotel...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Med Park

Save Saved
You added Hotel Med Park to your Saves list
Hotel Med Park
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2356 Stockton Boulevard, Sacramento, CA 95817-2228 (Formerly Med Park Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #30 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Winston Salem
“Back up hotel...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Just stayed here for 3 nights w/husband & daughter. We were in town for a wedding & were at a TERRIBLE place for 1 night only. Looked everywhere for another hotel & boy were we glad to find this. It is CLEAN, MODERN, SMELLS GOOD, & we never had a parking problem. We were upgraded to a suite by the lovely front desk person, thank you, thank you. The towels were like brand new, the toiletries were great, there was an electrical outlet like every 4 feet, there were TWO flat screen tvs, 2 super comfy queen beds & a pull out sofa. There is a nice bkfst/lunch place only one minute down the street (Sunshine Cafe) but there is a continental breakfast at the hotel. Try it, you will like it.

Room Tip: You can get a validated parking pass over at a parking deck within walking distance.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Arcata, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stayed here the night before my daughter's surgery. The hotel is located across the street from U.C. Davis Medical Center and Shriner's Children's Hosp. The rooms are very clean and comfortable...some even have a balcony w/chairs. The continental breakfast was fairly good and the front desk staff were very helpful. Our only complaint would be the awful parking situation. The underground garage is tiny, with lots of concrete pillars to negotiate around, which is tricky and possibly dangerous.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the main street (Stockton Blvd.) for a quieter experience. The rooms have w...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Red Bluff, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel for two nights in the past couple of months due to surgeries I've had at U.C. Davis Medical Center. Making a reservation is easy and they have always been available even last minute for me and my family. The first night I stayed in the hotel I was very pleased with the location being right across from the hospital entrance. I was actually able to crutch myself to the entrance to be admitted for surgery. There is not another hotel located this close so I recommend using Best Western if you are having surgery at U.C. Davis early in the morning. I live almost two hours away from the hospital and am under a specialist's care, so I had to stay over night in Sacramento. While going through surgeries and medical problems for the past ten months, I feel Best Western makes you feel very comfortable as you stay away from home. The only complaint I have is the parking structure is across the street and very inconvenient. The first night the parking lot under the hotel was packed, not to mention a very tight squeeze for even my small car to escape out of. There should be a sign saying parking is full if possible to prevent new arrivals from attempting to find a parking spot in the garage. I having crutches, had to park across the street late at night and then crutch back over. Luckily I did not feel that this area is dangerous, but I would have liked to know in advance the parking situation. This does not seem to be something that they can really address, but non the less I enjoyed my stay(s). The furniture is beautiful throughout the lobby and the rooms. There is a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, workout room, ice machine, Internet and a large patio. I would not change anything about the layout/design of the rooms as they are very modern (my preference), but possibly some tissues. I did not experience the free breakfast as I could not eat due to my surgeries. I mostly rested and found no trouble in falling asleep in the comfortable bed. My dad used the computer that was provided in a room I did not visit. The second evening that I stayed there- the staff had fresh baked chocolate chip fudge cookies- mmmmmm! I have to admit, I had a few too many considering I can't do any cardio. The cookies were in the lobby area- easy access and they kept them coming, even the next morning. The staff was courteous but not overly friendly. I think the graveyard staff was understandably tired, but they helped explain where the entrance to the hospital was. I would more than likely stay in the Best Western Inn again,but hopefully not due to medical issues!

Room Tip: There were no noise problems. I did enjoy the glass elevator that you can also see the hospital and...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sonora, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Horrible service. They are short staffed with one person working the front desk. In the middle of being checked in the one person was answering the phone several times and actually helping the people on the phone even though we were there first. Between standing there when we first came in and coming back later it took 1 hour to check in. Crazy! Horrible parking situation! If you have anything bigger then a smart car forget getting (fitting) and making it around the corner down into their parking garage. If you have a SUV they have two spots up top. We were told we could reserve the spot for when we came back by putting their orange cones in the spot only to find out when we came back the shift had changed, the cones had been removed, and someone parked in the spot. The staff person at the front desk argued that it was first come first serve and continued to argue with us. That was NOT what we were told! She offered for us to park two to three blocks away! We have a family of six and parking that far away carrying luggage just is not reasonable. Also, right next door in the shopping center it was observed that the security guard was carrying a gun. Wow! This means they have problems in the area. We checked out before we ever spent the night and will never come back again or recommend the place to anyone. Bad, bad, customer service argueing with customers. Don't stay here find somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
palmcourt2011, Front Office Manager at Hotel Med Park, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear Lynette,
Thank you for your comments. Your opinion is important to me. I would first off like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We do have a very attentive staff that does their best to make each guest feel welcome. We did have a wedding party staying there which would have added to the wait. That is beside the point, I am sorry for your extensive wait for check -in was extensive. Also we did release you from obligation of the room when you expressed discontent.
As to your comments about the parking, our garage is “first come first serve”. But, we do offer alternative parking options. I am sorry our Front Desk staff should have offered more assistance in explaining all parking options and instructions. I have since trained our staff on relaying all parking information effectively to our guests. We are in the works for obtaining more parking to further accommodate our guests. I am not sure which shopping center is being referenced but, we are located in a pleasant area across from the UC Davis Med Center nestled between the East and Downtown Sacramento (both of which are “nice” areas).
Hope you will give us a chance again to create a more enjoyable stay for you!
For further assistance you may contact me at 916-455-4000.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

I wish this hotel was close by the water, because it was absolutely great otherwise, add water and it would be heaven.! Our only fault was with the food delivery service which was appalling, we went to another local service which turned out great!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear KootenayCountryInn,
Thank you, for your response. Although we are not on the water the Sacramento River is 7 miles away or 13minutes from our location.

Glad you had a pleasant stay and hope you will stay with us again soon!

Front Desk Manager
Santa Barbara, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

The hotel itself if clean, efficient, and standard for any business hotel. The parking situation was awful and the only reason I would never return to this hotel nor recommend it to a friend. When I arrived at 10pm the extremely small and insufficient parking lot was full. I was told to park approximately two blocks away at the children's hospital. Young, female, dragging my suitcase two blocks at night in a completely unfamiliar neighborhood - enough said. I complained about this situation to the individual that checked me in and again at check out in the morning. Both were very apologetic but (a) I was never able to speak to a manager about the situation, and (b) apologies didn't change the situation. Never coming back: when it comes to my personal safety there is no compromise.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear K D,
I would like to apologize for the inconvenience our parking may have caused you. And do understand your concerns not knowing the safety of the area; I myself being a woman may have felt the same. But, I do have the knowledge that the hotel’s location is “safe” and do feel comfortable here at night. Due to the fact, that our parking is on a first come first serve basis unfortunately, as the night goes on so the parking when busy is less abundant. And although, our alternative/overflow parking is not perfect it is offered to accommodate our guests. All of our parking is free for guests including the secure parking at Shriners Hospital. We are also working on obtaining more parking for the future.
I do welcome you to stay with us again if you are so inclined and sorry a manager was not onsite to speak to you personally. Please contact me at 916-455-4000 if there is anything we can do to further assist you!

Northern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

Hotel is only a couple of years old and is in a perfect location to stay while a family member or friend is a patient at Shriners, UC Med Center or Sutter Hospital in Sacramento. Staff is friendly, rooms are spacious (ours had a rooftop patio), and breakfast is an expanded continental. Parking is tight, but you can park in Shriner parking lot a couple blocks away if BW is full.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sandytravels,
We do appreciate hearing positive feedback and we are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward seeing you soon and Thank you for staying with us!
Take care,
Kelly Jonasen

Been to Hotel Med Park? Share your experiences!