“Good bistro with interesting if small menu” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #60 of 1,770 Restaurants in Sacramento
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Watt Avenue @ Fair Oaks Blvd.
Sacramento, California
“Good bistro with interesting if small menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012 via mobile

Good varied menu - fish, lamb, steak, pasta, and best mussels in town. Try them with pomme frites and white burgundy!
We have been there many times and love the place. Unpretentious but pleasant decor with great service.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Austin, Texas
“You MUST give this a try!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

I ate here with colleagues for work, and was wonderfully surprised. The wine selection is very good, the food is fabulous and service was exceptional. The appetizers were very flavorful, and mussels were divine. A colleague ordered the halibut, and it was cooked perfectly. The chocolate lava cake was very rich and yet light at the same time. We all left satisfied, but not weighted down with food coma. If you haven't eaten here you're missing out.... BIG TIME.

• Visited January 2012
“Plan B Gets an "A"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

Plan B is a small restaurant with a small sign and if you don't pay attention, you may miss it. The food, however, is first rate. I've dined there six+ times over the last few years and have enjoyed every meal.

Specializing in mussels, they offer six different preparations, all come with pomme frites (french fries). I like them all but if I had to choose a favorite, it would be Provencale. It also comes with plenty of fresh bread to partake in the rich, nap-inducing sauce, which would be a tragedy to leave any behind.

The Plan B Burger is a treat with Emmental cheese, wild mushrooms, a slice of aged ham and béarnaise sauce. It's also not huge thus you can eat it slowly, enjoying each component and not feeling overly full.

I'm a caesar lover, as well as salmon and when craving the two, they'll make me a special plate. The salmon has always been perfectly cooked to my liking, medium-rare.

If you enjoy lamb, the roasted rack is not to me missed. They also offer a handful of specials nightly. And, I think they are one of the few places in Sacramento to serve venison.

They offer a small but nice wine list with a few eclectic bottles including some from local Sacramento and Sierra foothill wineries. The house wine, both white and red, have never disappointed at a very reasonable price.

555 La Sierra Drive (Arden Towne Center at Fair Oaks & Watt)
Sacramento, CA
916.483.3000

• Visited September 2011
Stockton, California
“Truly Excellent Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

My daughter and her husband took me to Plan B for my Birthday. It was my choice, and I was heavily dependent on the Reviews I read. It was a truly lovely experience from the excellent service to the quality of the food. Our waiter was attentive without hovering, the owner came and spoke to us to insure we were happy with the experience, and the food range was from very good to amazing. We were especially pleased with the tartlette, the mussels, and the creme brulee. As we left we were making plans to come back.

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sacramento, California
“An Absolute Jewel .. totally unexpected!!!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

My wife and I just moved to Sacramento from Miami. We frequent fine restaurants all over the world with regularity. We came upon this community restaurant quite by accident, having moved into the area recently. The menu initially did not elicit particular excitement but we just wanted a real place to sit down on a sunday night. I was surprised on entering that I felt no different than if I had just entered a popular establishment in New York or San Francisco. We were met at the door with a friendly greeting and made to feel like we were welcome regulars. The ambiance and atmosphere was warm. The service was excellent and the owner visited every table to make sure things were perfect. We had the rack of lamb (one of their most popular dishes) as well as the pork tenderloin which was as good as I had ever had. The venison appetizer was absolutely delicious and an excellent recommendation by Lucas. This place ranks with THE best eateries I have been to in years. I highly recommend you try it.... don't let its location fool you!! I'm planning on being a regular here!!!

• Visited March 2011