“Everything I could want” 5 of 5 stars

You added Larkspur Landing Sacramento to your Saves list
Larkspur Landing Sacramento
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   555 Howe Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95825   |
Ranked #11 of 83 Hotels in Sacramento
“Everything I could want”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

The combination of a relaxing atmosphere, thoughtfully designed facilities and services, exceptionally pleasant staff and an excellent price made a second stay sound irresistible.
My last stay was for business. I had come to Sacramento to take an important professional certification test, and I found the hotel soothing in the middle of a stressful week. My room was arranged perfectly for both relaxation and study. The comfortable bed provided me with an excellent night's sleep, and the room offered facilities to cook my own breakfast, as I prefer. My every interaction with front desk staff was calming, and Chirsten in particular made me feel welcome, and answered all of my many questions.
My second stay was about a month later. I wanted to relax after a stressful month, but my go-to bed and breakfast in Mendocino had no vacancies. I immediately though of Larkspur Landing.
I was able to book a room on Labor Day weekend, with only a weeks' notice. The hotel was a perfect home base for river rafting, the Folsom outlets, the American River Bike Trail, downtown Sacramento, and Old Town Sacramento. Because of the freeway junction being a few minutes away (not that we ever heard it) we never had to travel more than 15 minutes to get to our destinations.

• Stayed September 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Topanga, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

My husband and I decided to stay at the Larkspur one night, which is a fairly convenient stop between Southern California and Oregon. Seemed like a good choice away from the freeway and busy downtown Sacramento. Our first impressions of the hotel were good. It was a relatively nice looking building and lobby area. The staff were friendly and check-in was easy. Our room, however, was dark, dated and quite cramped. There was also a foul odor coming up from the kitchen sink area. The window was operable, which was good, because we like to let the fresh air in, but that also let in the noise from the street when we were trying to sleep. The breakfast area was different, a bit odd. There were only a couple of tables with chairs. The rest of the seating were on sofas, which is more of a lounge than a breakfast area. Not so great having to eat breakfast from your lap. We would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Only had one night at this great hotel. Stayed at the halfway point of a 9 day road trip with my husband and kids. The staff, rooms, and amenities were all perfect for a business class hotel. The kids had their own tv, we enjoyed the jacuzzi after so much driving, and we were able to do all our laundry.

• Stayed August 2011
Auburn, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

Our group arranged to have a block of rooms reserved at Larkspur Landing for attendees of our convention. When I arrived, I found the decor and general ambience to be uncommonly pleasant. Everything was very clean, well kept and pleasing to the eye. The breakfast area was well stocked with a variety of items, the business center was convenient and well organized and the laundry facilities were clean and easy to use. We found the rooms to be very comfortable with just what was needed for a pleasant night's stay. On top of all that, the hotel staff (especially the front desk staff) was genuinely helpful and attentive to all of our attendees' needs. When I checked out, I sent the following Email to the general manager of the hotel:

"Just wanted to let you know that one of your front desk clerks, Jillian, is a real gem. From the moment I arrived last night, she was instantly attentive to my needs in helping me find my room, giving me the code for the hotel wireless, helping me fill the uncommon request of acquiring a red paperclip and directing me, step by step, to the nearest Jamba Juice for a smoothie. It's not every day that hotel employees show just the right amount of attention to the guests without going overboard into an insincere, obviously rehearsed mockery of service. If I might make a suggestion ... give her a raise, pay her a bonus, ... I don't know ... bake her some cookies or something. Those types of employees don't come along every day and I hope you'll consider doing whatever you can to keep her on your team. If she treats every guest with the same genuine kindness that she treated me, she'll be directly responsible for many, many repeat customers. Thanks for a great stay."

That generally sums up the experience I had at Larkspur Landing. If you are looking for a very nice hotel (for business or family travel) with great service and a price considerably below what they could be charging, I'd highly recommend Larkspur Landing in Sacramento. You'll be glad you stayed there.

Room Tip: Our room had two separate bedrooms with a shared kitchenette, office space and bathroom. Great for...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

From the moment we stepped in the front door for a late night check-in we knew that this hotel was different. There was a problem with the room which Dave, the overnight desk clerk, seamlessly managed. Every day we were greeted by caring and enthusiastic staff members, including everyone working on the floors. The front desk made sure our family reunion relatives were all in the same block of rooms. Every request was met with an attitude of "How can we exceed your expectations"! We will be back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Brea, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Larkspur Landing was wonderful. The room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. The staff were courteous and they went the extra mile. I had a late afternoon flight and they were happy to extend my check out time. The free breakfast was delicious. This hotel is great for business and family travelers.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

A good hotel experience is all about attention to detail, and this place has obviosly been working very hard at it. Not only was everything about the room and faciites well thought out, but the staff was friendly and I was made to feel like this is now a home away from home.

A five star experience for a two star price........simply outstanding!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple