“Review of a two day vacation stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Sacramento Downtown

You added Days Inn Sacramento Downtown to your Saves list
Days Inn Sacramento Downtown
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   228 Jibboom Street, Sacramento, CA 95814 (Formerly Capitol Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #39 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
WEST CHESTER
“Review of a two day vacation stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Staff was wonderful. The room was excellen, especially for the price. They staff was extremely helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I went here because I wanted breakfast and the pool, when I arrive they where rude I let that go, the next day I woke to eat breakfast and the Lady at the front desk was extremly rude her name is Liz. she does not put enough food out for the guest and when its close to nine she rushes to put the food away grabbing everything in sight even dropping things. I needed some butter for toast and I was waiting for it to get done she could clearly see that I am older age and move move slower then others but I asked for a butter and she refused to allow me to get one at 8:34am I was highly sadden by this. I spend alot of my funds here and to be treated like less then person is very upsetting. The lady at the front desk then called my room and told me I could have brought my coffee upstairs and that I was suppose to drink it in the lobby. and that she was informing me that I could be put out and not get any of my money back.Hot Hot coffee , with no butter on toast I would have been sitting in front of food that I was not eatting because of very poor quality and service and also waiting an hour for my coffe to cool down this all makes no sense at all. I think something really needs to be done. This is not my first time staying here while I visit my great great grand children who live near by. I am extremly sad behind how I was treated. My grand daughter came over to bring me my prescibtion and I walked downstairs to get her and all the way back upstaires by the time we made it in the room my grand baby couldn't even give me hug before I got another phone ''no visitors at all and that her manager said that she needs to put me out''. I then just began to cry because I had no idea what I had done to this young lady Liz. My grand baby just held my shaking hands. I did not know what to do. I am 83 years old

Room Tip: Find out about policies before arrival.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This place is clean enough, but plenty of hotels with a nicer ambience can be had for the price paid for the room with the jacuzzi. The furniture fits well in the space of the room. There are two tables and two night stands. It is a nice amount of space to spread everything out on. The water was nice and hot but when the jets were turned on, all the black mold growth in them squirted out so emptied the tub and refilled it and then it was fine. It takes a while to fill the tub, so it's good to turn it on right away if you're short on time. The king size bed was worn out and thin to the point the coils could be felt. The pillows needed to be replaced - they were all lumpy. The tv is not lined up with the bed, so if there are two people, the one farthest from the tv has to watch at an angle. Only very basic channels - actually couldn't find anything interesting to watch. The front desk person was rather curt. The swimming pool is in full view of several rooms and has a closed in feeling. A/C and fridge work well but are noisy.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else? there are plenty of other hotels within a quarter mile - some right next door...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Wifi clocked in at 1.03 MBPS. OTherwise good value.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Columbus< NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

This was not my favorite place to stay, while on vacation, I did not feel safe at the hotel. I did not get a King bed as I had reserved, I think some shady ladies were working out of the hotel. just didn't feel safe!
There are some good restaurants nearby..

Room Tip: Good luck ! Be safe!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Vancouver WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Days Inn is an older, well-established hotel with enough amenities to make it a great place to stay. Conveniently located to Old Sacramento and the Capitol. Breakfast is well laid out and sufficient. Staff very cordial and knowledgeable about the area. Ample on site parking. A few excellent nearby restaurants. Rooms are comfortable and very clean.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Redding, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I have stayed here a number of times for both business and personal travel. The rooms are clean and quiet (even though the freeway is right across the street). The price is great and the location is amazingly convenient to Old Town, Downtown, Rivercat's Stadium, Railroad Museum and other activities.

The biggest (and only) disappointment was the breakfast. Sadly, this is pretty much the standard "American Breakfast" at 99% of hotels. Basic cereal, milk, juice, some stale bread and pastries and a waffle maker. Again, it's hard to knock this hotel for the breakfast since it is pretty normal for this price range. Since I was going to Arden Faire Mall, I held out for a Cinnabon.

Last but not least, I had to check in late and the front desk clerk offered a late check out. It was only an extra hour but it was nice that she offered it.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same but I would avoid the smoking rooms as you can smell them in the hallway as y...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Sacramento Downtown? Share your experiences!