“Slightly over priced but a nice stay none the less, would surely stay here again if passing through.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   2224 Auburn Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95821   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #12 of 85 hotels in Sacramento
Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Checked in at 5AM to a freshly cleaned room with a super cozy bed and nice water pressure in the shower. Furniture is a bit worn and towels could use an update but a very nice, be it short, stay at this Holiday Inn just off the fwy.
So yourself a favor and eat at Sorranos Dinner down the street - soooooo good!
4/5 on service because the Holiday Inn 800 # was horrible to deal with.

• Stayed September 2013
Monique E, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Thank you for your great comments! Anything you need in the future please call us directly at the front desk and we would be happy to help you! We look forward to your stay in the future.

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Myself and my husband and 2 children aged 11 and 13 stayed here in double queen room. Very pleasant stay, too far outside Sacramento if you didn't have a car but very handy to get to from freeway. Regular room with all expected amenities, outdoor pool with towels available from desk. Continental breakfast with cereal, muffins toast pancakes yoghurts and fruit, tea and coffee and a large room to sit back and enjoy it in. Breakfast closed at 10am and breakfast lady stayed open later for a family who had rung to say they were delayed, was very impressed with that. Very comfortable beds, everything very clean, overall a lovely stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Monique E, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
A good breakfast, a great staff and a clean room is always something you can count on when you stay with us! So glad you enjoyed it and hope to see you in the future! Thank you for the great comments!
Merced, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We chose to stay here as my father had an early start at a local hospital the next morning for a surgery. We were impressed by the cleanliness of the place as well as the attentiveness of the staff. My wife was really surprised on how nice the lady was who ran the breakfast room apparently greeting everyone she could catch walking in the door,as well as keeping the food freshly stocked. I informed my wife that she wasn't the only one to notice the kind lady but someone else had also written a review noticing as well. Breakfast food there is standard for Holiday Inns with pancake maker and coffee seemed to be little on the weak side but I am a man who needs a lot of caffeine and they had Monster drinks available in the vending machine. Beds were comfortable and we found ourselves overall very pleased.

• Stayed August 2013
I truly enjoy passing on these great comments to the staff! Alot of our staff members have been with us since we opened so we have a great team! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are all very happy you enjoyed your stay!
Fillmore, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We arrived later in the day, very tired from a long day of car travel. It took a while to check in becuase there is only one person at the front desk. After check in we were told there was a complimentary bar and snacks in the lobby which we were very grateful for. This set me up to think this was going to be an awesome stay. Everything was wonderful but I didnt sleep all three nights we were there, the bed was so uncomfortable that none of the other ammenities could make up for it. I meant to cancel our last nights stay but ended up missing my 24 hour time frame to cancel without penalty and therefore had to stay the last night, otherwise I would have moved on to a different hotel. We travel fairly frequently so I know a good hotel bed when I get it, these were terrible.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate your feedback and apologize that your stay wasn't to your satisfaction. We are a new Hotel (about 3 1/2 years old) and have Serta Sleeper beds. We try very hard to accommodate all of our guests, unfortunatley some things are hard to control. I hope you will give us, as well as our brand, another chance to make your stay more comfortable in the future.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

As a Platinum Priority Club member, I stay at a lot of Holiday Inn Expresses. This one ranks at the top! It has all of the amenities that you'd expect at a Holiday Inn Express: well-appointed room, very clean, fantastic breakfast, and good value for the money paid. Even though it's located right next to the freeway, noise was practically non-existent.

What really set this Holiday Inn Express a notch above the rest was the great customer service and folks working there. We stayed here for 16 days and the folks working there were wonderful! They really went out their way to make our stay nice and the lady that works the breakfast bar was simply wonderful. If you're staying on the NE side of Sacramento, you can't go wrong this hotel. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Request a room away from the conference rooms that are located on the first floor for a little more...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Monique E, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
We strive to make all our guests stays as enjoyable as possible. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us, as we enjoyed having you! I have passed on all your great comments to the staff. Thank you again!
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I'm a IHG Rewards Club member and always seek out a Holiday Inn Express for overnight stays when travelling to other cities, which I do quite often. This particular hotel continued the tradition of what I expect ar a Holiday Inn Express-- convenient and dependable. This was the second Express I've stayed at in Sacramento. The other was just two weeks ago at the one located downtown near the convention center. My daughter and I arrived at this Express hotel around 10:30 p.m. after attending an outside jazz concert at another hotel located not too far away. Check-in was quick and simple and the clerk gave us each a fresh-baked cookie as a welcome token (chocolate chip and oatmeal raisin -- they were good!). This was the first Express I've stayed where they didn't provide a bottle of water to the guest. No problem, though -- we each bought a large bottle of water with us. Our room was located on the second floor, closer to the elevator. In spite of this, we didn't hear any excess noise. As is customary, there's a refrigerator in the room but this one didn't have a microwave oven which is usually the norm for this chain. Our queen size beds were a little firmer than we liked but still okay. Breakfast the next morning (included in the price of the room) was provided in a large, attractive dining area. There was enough variety in food choice to satisfy everyone. I will say this-- the French roast coffee this chain serves is some of the best I've tasted :) In this dining room, I noticed something I hadn't seen at any other Express I've stayed before: There was a tip jar placed near the bread/bagel case. Even though I always tip housekeeping when I do these out of town overnight stays at a hotel, I hadn't thought about the attendant in the dining room who also works very hard. There's usually only one person working breakfast and this person does everything from wipe tables to ensuring the food trays are keep full. This particular morning (Saturday, 7/26) the server was extremely busy as there was a lot of hotel guest traffic coming in to grab breakfast. I observed this person hustling back and forth, quickly checking and restocking everything. At one point, the milk canisters for coffee were empty. I got up, stuck my head in the kitchen and let her know the milk was out. The server quickly hustled out, and got the canisters to refill. She also smiled and thanked me for letting her know the canisters were empty. I didn't have any change on me, but when we checked out of the hotel about an hour later I went back into the dining area and put a few dollars in the tip jar as I recognized how hard this person was working and I appreciated their service. Hopefully, others will too when they see a tip jar in the dining area of a Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments and observations! Our guests feedback help us to improve and make changes where necessary to ensure all of guests enjoy their stay with us! Thank you!
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I was greeted by friendly people at the front desk. They set the tone for my week long stay. The rest of the staff was great as well. The breakfast coordinator kept the food fresh and the coffee going. She was very pleasant each and every morning. The breakfast included a nice selection of high protein foods as well as cereals, yogurts, and pastries. The breakfast area offered tables as well as cozy nook areas with chairs and sofas. My room was immaculate each and every day and the staff was professional. Although this property is near the highway, I did not hear it too much and slept very well each night. I did request a room toward the back based on other reviews and perhaps that helped. This hotel was convenient to everywhere I needed to travel to during my trip, and I felt safe. I got to see the fireworks from the State Fair on several nights--that was an unplanned bonus. I would highly recommend it if you are staying on this side of Sacramento.

Room Tip: You might want to request a room away from the highway. I did that based on another review and it s...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Monique E, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
So glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to make each one of our guests enjoy their stay as much as you did and can't wait for the opportunity to do it again in the future! Thanks for the great comments and I will pass them on to all the staff!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo? Share your experiences!