“Nice Hotel - helpful staff.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   2224 Auburn Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95821   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #11 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Nice Hotel - helpful staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights and found the hotel to be better than expected.
Friendly staff on reception who gave us 2 maps to help us with the area.
The room, King Executive, was a good size very clean and bath room the same. As with all Holiday Inns all you need for your stay.
Breafkast was good and plenty of coffee available all day.
Don't follow directions off the website to the hotel as they take you well past it! If coming from Sacremento turn right at Howe and the hotel is right in front of you.
The hotel is nearer to the town centre then we thought - which was easy to get to and only took about 15 mins tops.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I cannot begin to understand how the HIE franchise remains so consistent with it's exceptional service, quality hotel rooms and affordable pricing EVEN IN CALIFORNIA. Even though I was not able to get my usual 99.00 rate, I still got a rate of about $115.00++ a night in the heart of Sac town. It was an excellent stay and the staff was exceptional.
Here is my usual run down:

PROS:

towels were fresh and fluffy
the breakfast was one of the best around
the rooms were bright and very clean
the beds were comfortable
the main highway had plenty of amenities including a mall, many restaurants and fast food places
close to the freeway for those with a rental car
the price was much better than some of the other hotels in the same area

CONS:
the location is a bit awkward-GPS had a difficult time getting us there
the airport is a bit of a drive - but not a big deal if you are renting a car

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

This is a fairly new property next to Business 80. Despite it's proximity to the freeway, it's not noisy. Since this is a Holiday Inn Express there's not much of a lobby, but there is a large common room where they have their complimentary buffet breakfast. The buffet is okay, not bad but not stellar. Common areas are clean and nicely decorated.
The room wasn't huge, but had enough space, I didn't feel cramped. The bathroom was well-decorated, and if it had had upscale soaps and such you wouldn't know it was a Holiday Inn Express. The bed was comfortable, there's sufficient closet space (though it's far from huge), and the furnishings are in good shape. There's a minifridge and microwave, though I can't say I used either. There is no on-property restaurant, so other than breakfast you have to drive 10 minutes to get food. Fortunately, Arden Mall is close and there are many restaurants there and nearby there.
My only complaint was my pet peeve: wall-mount air conditioning is loud, making for interruptions in my sleep when the weather's hot.
The staff are friendly and helpful.
About 10-15 minutes up the freeway is the newly rechristened Crowne Plaza, and I have to say that of the two, I think this is the better hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

I was very impressed with the friendly staff. The rooms are very clean and look brand new. Well appointed and tastefully decorated.

• Stayed May 2012
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Horrible experience. There were kids in the hotel screaming in the hallways starting at 6am, it never ended. Staff was rude, and the place was dirty. They also charged three times the amount I had agreed to pay. Now I'm having to deal with my credit card to fight the false charges. When I called to ask about these charges, I was told I agreed to pay it. I did not. My receipt proves that. There are way too many places to stay in Sacramento, I would recommend you keep looking, it's too late for me. Save yourselves!!!

Room Tip: A different hotel!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Jamie E, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear Guest,
I apologize that you did not have a pleasant stay at our property. We are Sacramento's NEWEST hotel (only 2 years old) and our decor, cleanliness, staff training & attentiveness is above normal of your average property. We do have a lot of sports teams on the weekends and apologize for any inconvenience that they may have caused you. The teams are usually very respectful of other guests at the property and are normally gone by 8-9am in the mornings. If there is a complaint, we contact the coach or group leader to address the problem, which is usually taken care of immediately.
As for billing issues to your account, I am not sure who you spoke with but if you would like to contact me directly, I will escalate your situation directly to the AGM or GM to discuss/resolve.
I look forward to the opportunity of speaking with you and to also have the opportunity to have you stay with us again.
Jamie Engelleiter
Fortuna, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

This place was very clean and nice. Well kept outside and inside. The room had a minifridge and microwave. Iron and board. Nice TV. The bathroom is very nice, but very dim. Lighting is intimate and romantic, but in the bathroom I want light! The tub is non-textured, so if you have poor balance, elderly, or get in too quicly, you could easily fall. Also, there are no bars to assist in getting in or out, so if you are disabled, that might be a problem. Perhaps there are rooms that are more appropriate for disabled and elderly, but this was not one of them. It is right off I-80, but it was not very easy to locate or get to. Also, it is not in an area a tourist or famiy would appreciate. Very industrial and not walk friendly to any food or entertainment. There is no restuarant just a walk away. The only place we could find was Casino Royale which was about 2 blocks away. Good variety of food at a decent price, but it was served in the bar of the casino. When I checked this place on line it stated there was great restaurant called the Malabar right next door. The clerk had no idea about this place. The breakfast at the hotel in the morning had hot items, but the premade omelettes were interesting. The sausage was good and there was varity of muffins, bagels, etc. The pancake maker was out of order. This is a good place for business, It is clean, nice/friendly staff, but not family or tourist oriented. The price I believe wa 94 per night, so it was a good price.

Room Tip: The hotel is right off I-80 so anything away from the highway. Also, if you are disabled or elderly...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear littleheart36,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased you liked your room accommodations as well as our breakfast. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We're sorry you were not fully satisfied with the hotel location. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Prescott Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

After a horrible stay at the Inn Off Capitol Park, I left and ended up staying here. The manager was very friendly and helpful, especially since I was a walk-in.
Thorough information, and everything was clean, well maintained, and looked nice.
Nice touches included the lap desk awaiting me on the bed, the on screen services (Weather, channels, movies, room account, checkout), and the note from the manager left with my statement under the door. The paper at the door in the morning was also nice, as was the above average self serve breakfast. I appreciated the invitation to the Manager's happy hour, even though I did not attend.
My room was on the side, not the front, so I heard almost no traffic noise.
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Little traffic noise on the third floor, near the middle.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Jamie E, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Thank you for your recent review. As part of the management team at Sacramento's Newest Addition - Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cal Expo, we take pride in providing Excellent Customer Service to our guests as well as extra amenities! We appreciate your patronage and look forward to having you stay with us again when you visit Sacramento.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo? Share your experiences!