This is a fairly new property next to Business 80. Despite it's proximity to the freeway, it's not noisy. Since this is a Holiday Inn Express there's not much of a lobby, but there is a large common room where they have their complimentary buffet breakfast. The buffet is okay, not bad but not stellar. Common areas are clean and nicely decorated.
The room wasn't huge, but had enough space, I didn't feel cramped. The bathroom was well-decorated, and if it had had upscale soaps and such you wouldn't know it was a Holiday Inn Express. The bed was comfortable, there's sufficient closet space (though it's far from huge), and the furnishings are in good shape. There's a minifridge and microwave, though I can't say I used either. There is no on-property restaurant, so other than breakfast you have to drive 10 minutes to get food. Fortunately, Arden Mall is close and there are many restaurants there and nearby there.
My only complaint was my pet peeve: wall-mount air conditioning is loud, making for interruptions in my sleep when the weather's hot.
The staff are friendly and helpful.
About 10-15 minutes up the freeway is the newly rechristened Crowne Plaza, and I have to say that of the two, I think this is the better hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the brand new Holiday Inn Express & Suites Hotel Sacramento Northeast, Cal Expo Area.The hotel is conveniently located off I-80 East, Capital City Freeway, just minutes away from Sacramento Airport, the Sacramento City Center, and the Convention Center. Imagine having all the space and tools you need for business: high-speed Internet, a specialized work area in your room and a complimentary business center. And you re just minutes away from world class shopping, dining, entertainment and all the adventures that Sacramento has to offer. Our complimentary area and airport shuttle will pick you up!No matter what brings you to the Sacramento area, your room at our hotel is your personal retreat. We offer comfort with luxury bedding, plush towels, modern decor and 32 flat screen HDTV with plenty of premium cable, sports and movie channels. Stay fit at our complimentary fitness center or enjoy the California sun at our outdoor pool.Enjoy our hot complimentary breakfast with possibly world s most delicious cinnamon rolls! Businesses and organizations near the hotel include Sacramento State University, NEC, HP, and Kaiser. Nearby attractions include Sacramento Zoo, Cal Expo, and Casino Royal and many more!! Our friendly staff welcomes you to experience the new fresh look and feel of our Holiday Inn Express & Suites! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Sacramento Ne Cal Expo
- Holiday Inn Express Sacramento
- Motel 6 Sacramento