“Wonderful in Spring - Get Room Away from Gym” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed N' Breakfast Deal
Ranked #5 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Chicago, Illinois
“Wonderful in Spring - Get Room Away from Gym”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Stayed mid-March 2012 with an early spring in full bloom. The whole place was surrounded with flowering trees and the experience was magnificent, with marvelous sprinkles of blooms showering around you. This definitely made the stay worth it.
Pros: Very clean and new looking. Excellent breakfast selection, including cook-to-order, and included in the price. Good sized room with fridge and microwave. Comfortable bed and pillows. Good desk area and free Internet
Cons: Restaurant not opened on weekends, except for breakfast. Almost no vegetarian selections on menu for other meals when the restaurant is open. They offer to shuttle you to nearby restaurants. You need a car to get to anywhere. Airport shuttle service was poor. I arrived after an 18 hour air trip, it wasn’t busy at the hotel, and still had to wait nearly two hours at the airport, hotel gave poor directions where to wait, AND they told me to wait outside (uncovered) where shuttle could see me – it was raining. Reception staff generally poor and unhelpful – too busy with paperwork and treated you as though you were imposing on their more important work. “Shop” for snacks, drinks etc. is at reception, but you pay bar fridge prices without the convenience of having them in your room. Arriving Friday night, the place was very noisy with what seemed like people who had booked rooms for a weekend party – had to complain and it seemed to quiet down. Additionally, was given a room that turned out to be on the other side of the treadmill in the fitness center which some jerk(s) was using at all hours – especially early morning, even though it’s supposed to be closed during those hours. The very nervy manager I spoke to very kindly refunded me for my last night’s stay which was great, but didn’t help with the disturbed sleep and another long flight ahead of me.
Overall a reliable place to stay if you’re on business, have a car, and don’t want any concierge help with tourist attractions and restaurant recommendations – AND you specify you want to be well away from the fitness center.

Room Tip: Make sure you're well away from the fitness center - sound proofing is very poor.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
MgmtResponse, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento/South Natomas, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento and the positive comments regarding our room cleanliness and breakfast selections. I do apologize for the delay in airport shuttle pick up and will follow up to see how we can better provide this service. Once again thank your business and we hope to serve you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

My cousin and I were driving up to Oregon and made an overnight reservation for the Hilton Garden Inn after reading Trip Advisor ratings. We appreciated that the hotel had free and convenient parking. The hotel is very well kept and clean, and our room was fine--also clean and well kept. For $108 (including tax), we found the Hilton Garden Inn to be a very good value for the money. I would stay here again. It was also very convenient to a very good fish restaurant on the River. Very, very easy access to Highway 5. We didn't have the breakfast buffet, but opted just for hot oatmeal, which was very reasonable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
MgmtResponse, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento/South Natomas, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for the 4 star review regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento and the positive comments on the cleanliness of our guest rooms and facilities, location and value. Once again thank you choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento and we hope to serve you again in the future.
Susanville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We were told at check in that the restaurant was closed. This was a holiday weekend. The nearest restaurants were 2 miles and the cabs take forever.
No ashtrays in smoking room. No answer on the desk phone after 10 rings.
Walked in white sox to ice maching, walked in back sox back to my room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent visit. I apologize that we did not provide you the service you have come to expect from Hilton Hotels. We take pride in our service standards but clearly missed in the delivery during your visit. We strive to anticipate the needs of our guests and provide the service that will earn return visits and long term loyalty.

It is through feedback such as yours, that we can address our shortfalls and improve our level of service. Once again thank you for your comments and we hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Book this hotel through the Internet before going to California due to the good reviews it had on tripadvisor. I was not disappointed. It is located in a quiet suburb of Sacramento but is only 10 to 15 minutes drive from the old town. The hotel and rooms were spotlessly clean. As is usual in Hilton hotels the beds were very comfortable. Did not sample the breakfast so cannot comment on it. The reception staff were perfectly polite and helpful but Were not exactly friendly. The hotel is a short walk from a really good restaurant on the Sacramento river.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento and your positive 4 star review. I was pleased to see that our cleanliness, value and convenient location exceeded your expectations. Once again thank you for your business and we hope to serve you again in the future.
Shelburne, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

This hotel is close enough to I-5 to find easily, but far enough away to insure a quiet night's sleep. The staff is super and breakfast is wonderful. After a long day drivning north from San Diego, the outdoor pool was a great way to relax.

Room Tip: The hotel is "L" shapped and I suggest you ask for a room on the "inside' of the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
MgmtResponse, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento/South Natomas, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for the great 5 star review of the Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento. I am pleased that you enjoyed our convenient location, facilities and breakfast buffet. Once again thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento and we hope to serve you again in the near future.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Kristina (not sure if I spelled her name correctly) was amazing and over shadowed an outstanding staff in her own right. I had been traveling and made some "errors" in my reservations and she went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure I had a room and that I was taken care of!

The hotel was nice. Large rooms - great to work in with lots of space, good lighting and lots of plugs for lots of electronics.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
MgmtResponse, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento/South Natomas, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful 5 star review of our hotel! I am thrilled that we were able to provide you with outstanding service and a pleasant experience. I will share your comments with Kristina and thank her for a job well done! Thanks again for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Castaic, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I brought my 3 boys, ages 2, 7, and 10, to Sacramento last week to tour the city. This hotel was perfect for us! First, the location was just outside the hustle and bustle of the city in a quiet, safe community. However, it was right off the freeway (though you would never know it), and it only took us 5 minutes to drive to Old Town Sacramento and under 10 to the Capitol building. In fact, it was a great jumping off spot for all of our adventures.
Since I was traveling without my husband, I was a little nervous about safety but that turned out to not be a concern at all. I took the boys for a walk in the surrounding areas and the pool, which was right outside our room was quiet and gated. There is a Starbucks less than a mile away (yes!) and a clean, well-lit gas station.
The staff was super welcoming and accommodating. My two year old had a couple of melt downs and the front desk made a point of asking how he was doing each time they saw us. Since the baby was sleeping in a bed with me, my two older boys were sharing the other queen bed. That turned out to be too cramped, so I requested a roll away bed so that they could both get some sleep. In turns out there was not enough room to put in a roll away so they cheerfully provided me with lots of extra blankets, pillows, and sheets so that I could set up a comfy bed for one of the boys on the floor.
The breakfast is only slightly above average for hotel food. There was a good variety of foods to choose from: waffles, pancakes, made to order omelets, cereals, fruits, etc. though a bit expensive considering the mediocre quality. However, the wait staff was very accommodating and super kind to the kids.
Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel for families visiting the city. I will certainly stay here again next time we make the trip!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments and feedback on your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento. I am happy to hear you and your family enjoyed our facilities and secure location but especially the service you received from the front desk and restaurant associates. Once again thank you choosing the Hilton Garden Inn and we hope to serve you again very soon.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento/South Natomas? Share your experiences!